Payless Car RentalPut a hold on my credit card but I didn't rent the card

We went online to book a car for our use in Las Vegas this week. The online tool estimated $230.89 for the week. When we went to pick up the car, the contract they wanted me to sign was for over $750.
We declined to rent the car and left without a car. We took a shuttle to our hotel only to find that we couldn't use our credit card because Payless had put a hold for $767.49 on it. VISA informaed me that I would have to call the merchant and have them call VISA to have the hold removed. I called and called the Payless branch and kept being put on hold before I could say anything. Finally I got through and asked to talk to a manager. The manager would not talk to me and told th e woman I was talking to to get my information and she would call me back in 30 minutes. One of the pieces of information they asked for was the number for VISA merchant services (how would I know this - they're the merchant!!). So here I wait in Las Vegas unable to use my credit card hoping that I'll get a call back.
I should point out that I did not sign a contract and told the person at the counter that I did not want the car and to cancel the rental yet he put a hold on my card anyway.
I will never you Payless Car Rentals again!

• Li
    LisaWe Mar 16, 2015

I prepaid for a car reservation to find out no car was available when I got there. Credit card was charged and now Payless refuses to believe it happened and will not remove charge from credit card. Spending hours trying to get situation resolved.

• Da
    david k campbell Jan 29, 2015

I rented from payless in Montreal Canada returned the car paid in full flew home then 2 months later I get a charge on my credit card for a car rental in Ontario… What! I trusted my credit card info to Payless and this is what happened. You can't do that the whole system would collapse credit card info is supposed to be protected. Hell I wouldn't even be at this site if payless actually had a phone number I could call then again maybe the guy trolling and attacking complaints can get his bosses to call me and give me back my stolen money. So now all I can do is go to my credit company and report a fraudulent charge

• Ru
    RU STUPID?!? Jun 28, 2012

There was no hold initiated you ###! Any purchase made and then reversed with a CC or Debit card takes so many business days before the funds become available again. This apparently is the first time you have ever used a CC. I suggest you stick to taxis in the future!