Paul Davis RestorationWorkmanship

T

State Farm recommended Paul Davis Restoration to restore my home back to where it was per the policy. I should have known something was going to be amiss when Paul Davis did not secure a copy of what my home looked like before it was hit by a car and when they did not save some pieces of my home that could have been reused especially since they were of unique designs. My enclosed porch was badly damaged. I was assured they will search for these items. Paul Davis contractor had to dig to rebuild the foundation-first their contractor got mad at me for not knowing there was a hidden pipe-it turned out to be a dead pipe-WE energies and the water company did come and make markings-how was I supposed to know there was an old pipeline? 2) their equipment damaged the existing gutter (not part of the restoration claim), when I came home on my lunch they were still there and I chit chat with them a bit waiting for them to tell me about the gutter damaged, they did not so I went inside and brought out my iPad that had pictures I took the day before and I showed them yesterday there was no damage now there is and I expressed concern that the hit could have caused some hidden damage to the rubber roof I had just had replace about three months before the accident. They said they would put in a claim and have an engineer come to make sure there was no hidden damage. This was about the end of September, after repeated reminders by December the gutter was not fixed, I had no assurance the roof did not have hidden damage so I called a contractor who came and replaced the gutter and examined the roof to make sure no hidden damage. I let Paul Davis know I was going to do this and was told it was o.k. because the damage was too 'minor' to have a contractor come. 3). One of the new windows had a screen missing. After repeatedly asking them about it they said it was never there, I said yes it was because I helped unload the truck and two days after that they came to put up the windows and all windows had the shrink wrap when they were delivered, the screen was there and I asked their guys about it when I came home and they said it would be replaced. This was about mid-to-late September. January I called the supplier, had them order the screen and I went out of town to pick it up. Paul Davis did not have the professionalism to fix damage they did. 3) my front porch: it looked like it was a layer of brick short of the original height. Paul Davis said the porch was within an inch. I have a picture of a gap between the siding and porch. Paul Davis said that was because the siding was so old, I told them no, the siding was about 5 years old. The gap had the inner wood exposed (wood was in excellent condition). I complained and expressed concern with the coming rain season and snow some mold would develop or water would seep into the house. I had a sheet of siding that was to be used to replace a siding section that was damaged but Paul Davis took it and sloppily filled in the gap. I am expecting it to pop lose any day now. The cement work is tacky and caulking sloppy. 4) the window installation, I had 6 full size windows and two front door peep out windows, two of the windows face the north and four face the east, the two facing north were not even with each other, it was so very, very noticeable, the four facing east are not even but not as noticeable. I complained and they said it was the trimming (by the way the trimming is totally different from the trimming I had originally-again they were to do their best to restore it to the original look and failed without proof they put forth the effort), they evened out the two facing north but the four facing east are still uneven with each other. The guys who put the trimming on were the one used to correct it. Why didn't he notice the uneven leveling, why did I have to ask to have it fixed ? The front door was installed tilted and there was difficulty locking -still is but they came back and got it even/leveled; and the two peep windows were not evenly installed with the door, the left peep window it was higher that the right and the space in between the door and peep window is very noticeable.- -Paul Davis got them even off but the distance between the two window and the door is noticeable off 5) the hard wood floor. I did not immediately notice it when Paul Davis was there, in fact the lead person said complimented how well the floor looked when he left and while I was placing a rug on the floor I thought I found a bunch of dusting I thought but it turned out the wood had uniform gouaches in it, I called Paul Davis and they sent someone from the office to look at it and he expressed concern and later I learned Paul Davis used the wrong equipment to install the wood floor at the edge. Paul Davis offered me $200.00 workmanship credit which I never agreed to.
6) The building supply company Paul Davis used threatened to put a lien on my home because the bill was not paid!
Recently I noticed Paul Davis advertising their services and I felt the overwhelming need to let people know DON'T USE THEM.