Pats Small Engine PlusTerrible company

T Review updated:

Even tho' they do have good prices, DO NOT use these people, if you are not 100% sure of a satisfactory purchase. Get everything in writing, if you ask them any questions, etc. If you have any problems, don't rely on email replies. Call - & be ready for rudeness from the Office Mgr. (Brian). [He'll tell u abt. how many complaints he gets "every day"... tell u smthg.!?] Also, do not count on quick delivery - even tho' they charge your credit card WELL in advance of shipping the item. Ultimately, if you return smthg., count on losing money... even if they give you the incorrect information in the first place!

• St
    Stanley G Risk Jul 12, 2021

I have ordered from Pat's for several years, have no complaints!

• Ra
    Randall MrClean Linville Aug 16, 2017

Never Again
    Ordered parts for 1990 riding mower on 8-8-17, received email confirmation of order. Emailed Pats on 8-14-17 checking on order. They said it showed a transaction but no order.Received email on 8-15-17 stating they found my order but would take a couple more days to fill because one part was out of stock. When order was placed it showed no parts out of stock. I told them to just cancel my order and I would purchase them somewhere else. Been 5 hours and still doesn't show my refund.

savage-axis Dec 26, 2014

Very slow to ship out items, even the smallest of items. Waited a week and no confirmation my order has shipped until i emailed them, even then no response from them until 5 days later an email shipping confirmed total of 10 business days later to ship.

• Ka
    karl mooner Jul 27, 2013

Pats sell cheap but parts do not work, JUNK PARTS.. Bought a spark module and everyone wants $90-$120, and pats sells for $48. Parts are NO GOOD.. 12 volts into spark module but nothing ZERO volts out to coil.. don't waste your money...

• Bi
    bigblackbear Jun 24, 2013

.I seen how the company was run and seriously a first grader has more skills and common sense than the owner.And his little sidekick BOB follows in his foot steps. Biggest liar Ive met.Gives customers false information.If you call pats for parts and talk to bob I gaurentee the parts will not be in stock. Most times because bob cant get off his lazy ### to go look. Owner of the company creates all the issues for all you people ordering parts and dont get the right parts. And then blames his employees. Pats small engine is the biggest joke. I strongly urge anyone looking for parts to look elsewhere and save yourself a huge headache.

charlie gray Aug 16, 2012

I've ordered parts from pats several times and have not had any problems, just reading some of the complaints its its clear to see who has the problem.

• Da
    dan brown Jul 02, 2012

called to order a part had the part number and everything and the guy who i was dealing with asked me what the price is wtf, really. He was very rude and short i then decided to end phone call, way to bring business in this guy should be fired.

• Da
    Dale martin Apr 10, 2012

dont buy from them they listed two differnt part numbers for my atv starter going down the list I ordered the first one that was listed for my machine by model and year it was wrong found out at the end of the list they had another number listed now I have to pay return shipping and 10 percent restocking charge plus shipping on the other starter will never buy from again there comment to me was I ordered it even though it was wrong part number for my machine if you want a good place to get parts go to tewarehouse in olklahoma great place to deal with

• We
    werewolf_1956 Aug 29, 2011

Also bought (NEW) standard rings for an 85 modele briggs and stration. receveied rings that were in a box that wasn't for rings way to big and wassupposed to be OEM parts. motor did not come wit crome rings in box was oilring that was so big it would not even go in clylinder and both compression rings had a cap over 90 thousands so would not seal way past the reject size and one ring was crome and had bourn marks and deep scrathes all over and all gasket sets are chiniese and do not fit and wong types

• Rr
    rrrrrrrrrrr Aug 22, 2011

agreed, people very rude, waiting over a month for credit on returned part, no response to e-mails. when i called to check the counter person said that they had a ton of returns to go through and no time to do it. i will never do business with them again!!!

• We
    werewolf_1956 Jun 22, 2011

got gasket set not all there and had stuff fromm more than 1 engine and stuff not even for engines in it and talked to as if I was stuppid If they come to Houston I will be more than glad to give them an attiude adjustemnt fro A VETRAN OF VIETNAM

• Ro
    Robert in Milwaukee May 30, 2011

Yes I certainly agree this company is a bad vendor.
    I purchased a tiller tine shaft from Pat's and was not within acceptable specs and would have a short life span and damaged other parts also.
    Troy in the warehouse is a tyrant and has no interest in satisfying a customer to solve your issues in a reasonable and professional way.
    Brandon in the order department tried to do the right thing in the beginning put was slapped up side his head by Troy and later backpedaled to save his hinder. My opinion is to never give this people a chance, just buy elsewhere.

• Ra
    Ray Burris May 06, 2011

This place is a joke sent me the wrong part and I have to pay the return shipping on it, didn't even try to work with me. So I guess it's my fault they find some fix all foreign part and really don't know what it fits. This starter wasn't even close to what I needed.

James Glenn Jul 21, 2010

DURING THE PAST FEW YEARS (6 OR SO) i HAVE PURCHASED SEVERAL ITEMS FROM PAT, S WITHOUT A SINGLE COMPLAINT, i RECOMEND THEM WITHOUT FAULT.

jAMES gLENN

• Ps
    PSEP Nov 05, 2009

Whereas it was suggested to customer to look locally, and his concern the key would be special, requests for where we were to look were miscommunicated. A request for what the key was on brought a response of a drive shaft. Repeated inquiries, misunderstood as the intent, were answered repeatedly the same. We were looking for type of equipment to look up manufacturers part. It was not the intent to thwart customer's search.

Andrew Beue Nov 02, 2009

Agreed. Parts guy "Dan" was a jerk to me. Are we not in a severe recession any longer? Guy pretty much told me to go to a local hardware store to get a small part rather than waste his time looking it up.