The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Park West Gallery — art work
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I have been a long time customer of Park West Gallery, I own serveral pieces of art work that I purchased while aboard Royal Carribean Cruise Lines. One of the pieces of art work I purchased was a Pablo Picasso piece sereral years ago for $15, 500.00 and while I was shopping around for new homeowners insurance this past year I was informed that I needed to call Park West and purchase a new appraisal (which costs $75.00) to have an updated one for insurance purposes. Once I recieved the new appraisal from Park West and submitted it to my insurance company (StateFarm) I recieved a call from my agent letting me know that that they suspected that the value was incorrect and that I needed to get a second appraisal. The appraisal I received from Park West told me that the piece was worth $29, 500.00, but when I went to a very respected and trusted company here in Dallas, Texas called Heritage Auction House it was then that I was informed that the piece was only worth $7, 200.00! I was shocked obviuosly so I immediately called Park West and I was told that the appraisal they sent me was for "replacement value only" and that they "are not responsible for current market value or the actual value that I could sell the piece for". I have called and spoke with the managers at Park West and I have also reported this to Royal Carribean Cruise Lines and I have been told buyer beware and that Royal Carribean is not responsible for anything that Park West sells or values their art work for while abord their ship. I am currently working with an attorney to get my money back. I do not recommend Park West to anyone and this has been the worst experience of my life.
More Park West Gallery Complaints & Reviews
- Park West Gallery - my bad experience
- Park West Gallery/Cruising Auctioneers Recruitment - new scam in south africa?
- Park West Gallery - a rip off
- Park West Gallery - frustration
- Park West Gallery - empty tube
- Park West Gallery - unable to get balance resolved and get artwork
- Park West Gallery - return of misrepresented art and shipping cost
- Park West Gallery - art auction purchase
- Park West Gallery - fraudulent purchase of a thomas kinkade painting from a princess cruise ship
- park west gallaries - lost check