Outdoor Adventures

800 Washington Ave STE 200, Bay City, MI, 48708, US

Reviews and Complaints

Outdoor AdventuresReservations

Greetings,
My name is Mary Burch and membership number under my parents is 579 FC.

My parents have had a life time membership since the 1970's. When Saginaw Bay resort only had one road and about 10 campsites. The membership included 3 weeks a year and one holiday. When us kids started joining we were given rules and regulations that included 1 week per year and could not make any reservations until 30 days or less. My parents who are the master members could make a reservation up to 3 months in advance. Anybody could use the one holiday per year.
The last rules and regulations we were sent was in 2015.
This year however, outdoor reservations have changed all the rules.

1. if the master member is using the site we are charged. In 2015 the rules said up to 3 people could use the sites. They charged my sister 155 dollar for one week which was suppose to be free. July 26th trough August 1.

2. They charged 5 dollars per vehicle, never been done before. And is not in any rules or regulations. July 26th trough August 1.

3. I call Grand Haven for the holiday weekend. Trying to use my free week.
I was told that we have to call the day of the reservation (Sept 3rd) and they would let us know if any thing is available. Called on August 3rd. According to websites you do not have to be a member to go camping there. So I asked what the cost would be and the woman at reservations told me it is for full membership paying customers.

My parents pay several thousand per year for their membership and while I realize I only pay 20/per year for my free week. Outdoor Adventures Inc or Camp Life is trying to keep long term members out.

Outdoor Adventures admin Aug 17, 2021

Hi Mary. We had our Director of Member Services Director reach out to you today. We're so glad to hear that we're helping you get your own membership so you can enjoy more benefits than you were previously receiving. If there is anything else we can do for you, don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] or call [protected] ext 2227. Thank you!

Outdoor AdventuresNew reservation system

Today, March 4, 2021 I tried to make a reservation for a campsite. It took going through 5 resorts to find a site with full hook up. The new system that allows specific site reservations is limiting availability. Looking at the contract I signed in capital letters it states "OAI, it's management and staff cannot guarantee a specific site in a specific resort. OAI further disclaims any representations made to the contrary." So how can you change this contract to allow reserving of specific sites in specific resorts? This limits availability of sites, making it nearly impossible to get a site. If you are going to breach this contract, then I want my $15, 000.00 that I paid refunded. You can no longer honor my contract as we agreed to.

Sincerely
    Scott & Rebecca Waldron
    membership #48071-UG
    Scott E-mail [protected]@gmail.com
    Rebecca E-mail [protected]@yahoo.com
    Scott [protected]
    Rebecca [protected]

Outdoor Adventures admin Mar 05, 2021

Scott and Rebecca, we understand that there may be some confusion with the new reservation system, CampLife. The part of your contract that you mention is stating that we aren't able to guarantee you a site at any of our resorts at any time. Our sites and rentals are first come, first serve. This applied before we implemented the new reservation system as well. We are going to have our Member Services Manager reach out to you immediately to discuss this with you and walk you through it. If you ever have any issues or other questions in the future or need help navigating the system to make a reservation, please call us at [protected], and select option 1 or 2 to reach a representative. You can also email [email protected] We hope you will give us an opportunity to discuss this further as it is our sincere desire that you have an exceptional experience with us. Thank you. Sincerely, Outdoor Adventures Communications Team

Outdoor AdventuresOutdoor maintenance, membership dues,

On 4/21 /17. We purchased an outdoor adventure camping membership, in 2018 due to unforseen circumstance, we sold our camper, I called and told the person on phone our situation, we paid off our loan agreement, however we want out of monthly dues, no longer camping, we were told we needed to pay a rather hefty dollar amount to get out of this, oav by all accounts is a Hugh scam, we called on numerous occasions, were told no vacancy, all but twice, those were late late in the season, very frustrating company to deal with, money grabbing crooks, don't waste your money, any advice or help out there?outdoor adventures needs investigating!

Outdoor Adventures admin Aug 03, 2020

Hi Tim, we are so sorry to hear about your experience. All of our members are important to us. We'd like to talk to you about your situation further. Could you pleas email a phone number to reach you at to [email protected]? We can have someone call you right away. Thank you.