Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Products & Services Orkin Terrible company!

Orkin - Terrible company!

J
Author of the complaint
1:43 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had a termite contract with orkin for almost 20 years and I purchased it from the previous owner of my house. It has been in effect for at least 20 years. I have a contract for both flying and subterranean termites. Every year I have my house inspected and there are no termites. I told them about some dust I was finding and they said it was old damage. Finally after a couple of years the guy who came out said he would treat my carport area where most of the dust was found. I am now in the process of renovating and my contractor has found $60,000.in termite damage. My house has to be completely rebuilt from the ceilings up and the carport, which was closed in, and my utility room had to be torn down.

When I purchased my home I had both a termite inspection and a inspection by an inspection company. I also have done major renovations over the years. There wasn't a termite or damage at that time. The damage was done under orkin's watchful eye!

Here's the really bad part... The orkin contract says they aren't responsible for any damage due to the termites. They will only retreat. I don't have the money for a lawyer so i'm screwed but I do want to warn everyone they do not fix damage even when they are negligent and directly cause the damage. Use a company other then orkin. They didn't even find my termites. I can't live in my home.

Helpful? 0 0

More Orkin complaints & reviews

Orkin - Heartless management and horrible company to work for!
Orkin - Beware