Oprah MagazineSubscription renewel deception

B

I got a letter in the mail from the "Hearst Corporation Invoicing Bureau" that says "PAYMENT DUE" and "INVOICE." The body of the text says:

=====
When you entered into an agreement to be billed later, we believed you would send your renewal payment upon receipt of your invoice. Now as your subscription is coming to an end, we still have not received your payment.

You can resolve this matter quickly and easily by returning the subscription invoice with your payment in the enclosed envelope.

Your prompt payment will allow us to continue your subscription which we're sure will provide you with the utmost of reading enjoyment.
=====

This is a very deceptive attempt at getting me to renew my subscription. I didn't agree to bill my original subscription later, I bought it through amazon.com. Hearst Corp has sent several deceptive renewal notices, but this one is the worst yet.

• Vi
    virginiamarguerite Feb 16, 2012

I renewed my subscription to Oprah Magazine last year and have not received the December, January or February issues. I live in Switzerland and the magazine was delivered without fail before my renewal. I cannot find an email address for Hearst subscriptions in order to contact them.

sarah49 Nov 03, 2011

I have received the same threatening and billing statements for the Oprah magazine through Hearst corporation. She should be ashamed to be using a company that uses tactics like that. For that reason alone I will never buy another magazine. I don't believe that you should have to call anyone, just ignore the false statements and post!

• Lu
    Lucy Lockett May 18, 2011

My complaint is that I did not receive my April issue until 17 May 11 and I have not received my May issue as of today 18 May 11. I would appreciate the magazines on time at least within the same month. I did not have the information on being on her show therefore I was late entering the information to be a contestant hoping to win a ticket. Thank you for making the wrongs right.

• Pa
    PAM Steinhauser Jan 07, 2011

Did not receive my subscription to OPRAH and my tote bag gift. Paid by check and bank shows it was cashed on dec. 13, 2010

• Pa
    PAM Steinhauser Jan 07, 2011

I paid for my OPRAH MAGAZINE SENT A CHECK AND IT WAS CASHED BY DEC 13. SO I KNOW THE CHECK WAS RECEIVED. WAS SUPPOSE TO GET OPRAH TOTE AND MAGAZINE AND SO FAR NO LUCK.. PLEASE CHECK . I REALLY WANTED THE TOTE AND THE SUBSCRIPTION . THOUGHT I WOULD GET MY DEC. ISSUE NOW I AM WAITING FOR JAN.

• Kr
    kristy stamp Mar 15, 2010

order details were first 16 issues were free and then would get a notice to cancele, but did not get notice and was charged $ 36.00

• Go
    GoGranny Mar 10, 2010

Ordered Magazine in January, to get a sample, then decide if I liked it...got bill...NO MAGAZINE yet...March 10, on bill it says offer ends March 11 !!! What gives ? Shirley Martin, [email protected] (also...there is no phone # anywhere to reach them !

• Ru
    Ruth Priscilla Marks Feb 08, 2010

I have not been reciving my magazine. I spoke to a young lady last month, she told me to call if I did not receive my magazine the 1st week in February.

• Rg
    R.Gilbert Jan 31, 2010

I canceled the subscription and I am still getting bills.

• Gl
    Glor2789 Jan 27, 2010

January 27, 2010,
    I received this same fraudulent letter from the Heart Corporations for Oprah Magazine. I had my check from last year showing that I paid it in full. I never renewed my subscription because I had lost my job and couldn't afford the magazine any longer.
    I found the TOLL FREE phone number for Customer Service...[protected]. When you dial this number, don't answer any automated questions, don't punch in your account number, don't punch in anything on your key pad. You will be directed to Customer Service by way of automation. When Customer Service answered. I asked to immediatly speak to a Supervisor. I was granted that request right away. John; the Supervisor came on the line (His extension is 5035) and I told him I received a fraudulent letter stating that I owed them for this next years subscription. I told him I purposely didn't re-order due to lack of financies plus and that I paid in full for only 1 year by way of a personal check that I had in my hand for proof.
    John was very kind and said "I am typing in your account right now and informing the billing dept. that you are not to be billed any further and that you never requested automatic billing at the end of your yearly subscription. He said a confirmation letter would be arriving at my home stating that the subscription has been cancelled and that I owe nothing.
    If you have this same problem of a fraudulent letter arriving in your mai, please call the toll free number listed above and the extension number and tell them the same thing so they can delete the automatic billing process.
    Best of luck, Gloria

• Ke
    keef Jan 09, 2010

i paid for perscription, only got one issue of Oprah magazine

Angela D May 20, 2009

I also received such an invoice and was never a subscriber! And when i look for a phone number on the invoice to call to resolve the matter, I find no phone number!!!

• Dr
    DR Donnagher Nov 20, 2008

although after two days of trying I found this way to cancel

I mistakenly did not click that I didn't want the magazine subscription when I entered an Oprah contest online.

Took me 3 days until it showed up in their accounts. Try it, should work for you.

• Ni
    nicole Nov 10, 2008

I agree. This happened to me to. There is no telephone number to call to cancel the subscription and the online web page that is on the invoice does not work.

• Sc
    S Colby Oct 09, 2008

Being sent invoice when I do not owe them money.