Opal Woods Miniature Horse FarmDishonest and Cheat

Ruby Kirk is dishonest and a cheat. She is a liar and a swindler. Do not trust her!!! Do not buy a horse from her.
After spending a half hour talking to her on the phone she talked us into driving 2 hours both ways to bring her horses that she was planning on purchasing. After driving there she made an excuse not to take them and did not even offer money to reimburse us for our gas or time.Apparently she NEVER planned on taking them she just wanted to waste our time and cost us a lot of money in fuel. After looking around her place i am so glad we did not leave them there. Her horses are extremely overweight, ugly and too tall to be miniatures!!! Aweful lady to deal with! Stay far away!

• Jb
    JBurgan Dec 30, 2012

Always two sides to every story. I am only reading one but having met & bought 4 minis from Ruby long distance this year; I can only say that I have no complaints about her dealings or her minis... a few were a little chubby but guess we have to say that's better than obese or skinny... they were good minded, pretty & nicely conformed...
    I also made a 12 hr each way trip to pick them up & think her farm is lovely & peaceful.
    I can only assume there was probably a miscommunication related to the above complaint.

• Ti
    Tim the water and hay man Feb 06, 2013

Another view after reading above complaint I was wary. But can now say Ruby was as nice as could be. Just delivered 5 horses. Not a complaint... Just a compliment nice setup smooth delivery. Paid as promised. And a super nice person. Thanks Ruby

• Da
    Dawn Sgorlon Jan 06, 2017

We have purcased 3 minis at different times from Ruby. Never a problem, always communicated well and worked with us on payments etc. Have nothing to complain about.