NiteWind Cattery/Selkirk Rexsold HCM positive kittens

B Review updated:

Bought 4 cats, 1st curly one never grew a coat had to be neutered, the other 3 breeders had HCM. Didn't know this until litters came and had many dead kittens. No money returned and only offer to replace WITH MORE DEALTHY SICK KITTENS. All had to be spayed/neutered and have to be on medication until they, too, die at young ages. THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED.

• Ro
    rojagb10 Mar 01, 2012

Can you please e mail me, I have purchased a kitten from nitewind and now I am seeing this awful [email protected]

AudreyL Feb 15, 2019

@rojagb10 That review is a lie. I have 7 cats from Night wind Cattery and all are alive and healthy.

• Lo
    Lourdes1234 Aug 04, 2012

HCM is not easily detectable and I doubt that this was an intentional act as you make it sound. HCM is a thickening of the heart muscle and the breeder is no more at fault then, for example, your grandparents were when they developed heart disease or diabetes or whatever. If you were accusing her of breeding cats that were positive for feline leukemia or PKD or something there is an easy test for, I would understand. UC Davis doesn't yet have an HCM test for British Shorthairs or Selkirks.

Anne Marsella Nov 10, 2014

I agree. I have 2 cats that I purchased from Nitewinds a few years age and they are the sweetest healthest cats I've ever had! They only need to go to the vets for their yearly check ups. I call Mary for any advice I need and she is very helpful. Anne Marsella in Califorlnia

AudreyL Feb 15, 2019

@Anne Marsella I have 7 of Mary's cats and they are fine. This lady who complained actually called one of her pets UGLY. She sounds like she just uses them to breed until they are dead.

• He
    Heidi in Chicago May 05, 2015

I have purchased two cats from Nite Wind. I adore both of them. One of them has a slight heart murmur, which is being monitored by a cat cardiologist. It is pricey, but I want to stay on top of it. She is such a sweet girl.

AudreyL Feb 15, 2019

@Heidi in Chicago I have one with a slight heart murmur as well but he is doing well