Net10 & Tracfonepoor service!

C

After being Net10 customers for 2 years and regularly using 3 of their phones in our family, we bought a new phone for one family member and attempted to port the old Net10 number to the new phone. The SIM card sent didn't work, so we called customer service. Long story short, after they removed all the minutes from the old phone, they couldn't get the new phone to work so this family member was left with NO phone at all. 4 nights of endless calls to various countries, waiting on hold off/on for 1-1.5 hours each night, we were told several stories about when it would be fixed. first it was 3-4 days, then 24 hours now 5-10 days. We also got cut off every night at 9pm when their system shuts off and the shifts end. If you ask to speak to a supervisor, you really just get another rep in another country. I googled Net10, found it was owned by America Movil and Tracfone. I called the CEO of Tracfone in Miami directly then followed up with an email. He answered my email within 2 hours. Get in touch with him if you have problems. FJ (Frederick) Pollak, /phone number removed/ or [protected]@tracfone.com. He also copied in [protected]@tracfone.com (Mark Mahan) and [protected]@tracfone.com (VP Steve Ritter).

RESOLVED

• TracFone Wireless's response · Sep 15, 2018

This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Should you need help with your phone. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.

• Mi
    MiaNet Sep 16, 2018

Hi, CWebb. This is Mia from NET10 Wireless. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Should you need help with your phone. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2lHoBuo. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.

• Gl
    Gladtobe Aug 23, 2016

It took me 2 days after total run around to finally speak to someone with any semblance of sense. And that person (the supervisor) gave me no satisfaction whatsoever. I can't go online to add minutes, (a computer glitch that they can't seem to rectify) I have to trek to town to buy a "new" pin number and call back, meanwhile my phone is deactivated and I loose any minutes I had. What a bunch of crap, a total ripoff. I spoke with "Jose", "Letica" "Sevilla" "Krystal" "Ameed"(who hung up on me) "Jeo" and "Elizabetha"(supposedly a supervisor). I'll bet they just passed my call to everyone in the office. I will tell everyone I know NEVER to go with "CrapFone". They can kiss my ***!!!

• Ge
    George Aug 19, 2016

Net 10 and Trac Phone are the same company. The scam is selling very cheaply made, bad quality cell phones that don't work I went thru 5 dud phones & they refused to refund Talk Time I could never use, since all 5 phones were defective. Their company really operates by selling you the defective phone, then you waste $ on Talk Time minutes they refuse to refund even if you return the defective phone 5 times. This happened to me within a 2 month time frame - 5 defective phones - all my Talk Time minutes expired in 60 days and they wouldn't extend expiration date and refused to give me a refund. I wound up disupting the charges on my credit card and that was the only way not to get "scorched".

Tech support is just horrible - Mexico, Philipine, India Call center - they refuse to transfer you to a supervisor. Typical phone call to their 800# is never less than 45 minutes - they put you on hold for a very long time, repeatedly - and they cannot do Tech Support - so then they just "dump" your call and disconnect you.

I've had cell phones for 13 years and never a problem -Net 10 and Trac Phone is definitely the worst ever in my experience. Avoid them.

• Ka
    katmiles55 Aug 19, 2016

I made the very very sorry mistake of thinking this was the solution to inexpensive phones for my two teenagers.
    Have spent HOURS AND HOURS in chat, on the phone (ran out of minutes on my regular verizon account thanks to this!) and in email with no less than 12 reps all giving me the different stories, solutions, etc.
    Will be turning these in despite losing money as it's a bigger financial waste of my time to deal with such a beyond crappy company.
    In the end, their poor service and products will do them in. It's just a matter of time, loss of customers and money before this happens.
    IN the meantime, word of mouth and forums will help us get our message out. I am telling everyone I know to never get a Tracfone!

• Wi
    Willy40 Aug 19, 2016

I bought a TracPhone for my wife to use. She has never been able to make a call last longer than 5 minutes. The phone randomly hangs up and you cannot call out again for awhile. After many complaints to TracPhone they sent another phone. Same results. I tried both local calls and long distance. Called my landline in my house same result. Called my cell phone (Sprint PCS) same result. I also called the other direction i.e. use other phones to call the Tracphone. The same type of failures. The phone just dies at anytime after the connection is made. It seems the only time the phone really works is when TracPhone sends sales messages to the phones mailbox.

• La
    laura hensley Aug 19, 2016

i have beeen using tracphones for over five years and now that I do not have money to get more minutes they will not give me a number to access my voicemail when I bought my first phone I had another number to access from land line I will not refer this type of phone again I have already had twelve people sign up and will not suggest it again you can either access my number long enough to get my messages or I will have everyone I referred to have theirs shut off

• P2
    P23k Aug 19, 2016

I signed up for double minutes for life in 2007. Today when I added minutes to my phone they were not doubled. I spent 3 hours on the phone with one supervisor after another. In the end they denied that I had ever signed up for the double minutes for life and when I tried to correct that by signing up and having the minutes I had added this morning doubled they refused to allow me to do that. Horrible customer service.

• Ni
    NicK73 Aug 19, 2016

I bought a tracfone and a 60 minute card. I had the phone/computer associate at walmart do it for me because I was unfamiliar with activating it, and they do it all the time.

it didn't activate. I went online to activate it. it didn't. I called them from my landline to activate it. still didn't work.

You get a canned email response that says to call customer service, then spend half an hour explaining, while they put you on hold for 10 times, saying I'm sorry it's not our problem over and over. It does no good talking to them, don't even try.

I bought 2 more 60 minute cards at walmart. we tried there to get it to work. the 2 extra cards didn't activate on the phone.

so I went to refund all, and get another phone. walmart took back all except the 1 60 minute card that would not read any longer on the bar code machine. they told me to call tracfone.

tracfone cust. service is in India. They are scripted to say "Hold for 3 minutes please" and "Sorry I can't help you."

I've told them the phone didn't work, the minutes never activated.

"Sorry sir it looks good to our computers."

Doesn't matter that the people at walmart and I couldn't get the phone to work, they can't help me.

I'm just tired of trying to communicate with them, it's like talking to an echo.

• Go
    golden012 Aug 03, 2016

Tracfone is commiting fraud. It told me I got free promotional minutes 100 minutes. It then deducted money from my bank account on my debit card 2 days in a row. I called I emailed to refund my money and they have taken out money today also.

• Sh
    Sherrinc Aug 03, 2016

We bought a Tracfone Big Easy phone for a senior citizen family member who had trouble with the smaller button on phones.
    First of all we looked on Walmart for Straight Talk and they had one however they said it would not work in our area
    I then went on the Straight Talk site ( owned by Tracfone) and THEY said that it WOULD work in the area.
    OhhKayy...
    We then went to the Tracfone site where this same phone was for sale and, after punching in the zipcode, the phone came up that it would work in the area, so - dummies that we are - we ordered the phone.
    After going on the Tracfone website, we attempted to activate the phone.
    It would not activate.
    Went on the toll free line and was told it would be at least 30 minutes.
    Well I don't have time to waste waiting for someone to talk to, so I found an email by searching for Tracfone Complaints.
    They finally, after two days, gave me a code that would supposedly activate this phone. The phone did come on BUT no phone number in the phone. When we went back on the site to sign him up for a monthly plan, it said FAILED.
    So...
    I have went and sent email number four to the company...
    I really think that this phone does not work in the area so WHY would they keep saying that it does?
    Really disgusted with Tracfone and we are afraid we will have trouble getting the money already paid, returned.

• Sc
    ScrappyW Jun 30, 2016

These complaints are very accurate/true, as I am having a similar problem with TRAC PONE.

• Xi
    Xierra Jun 11, 2016

I have a way that can direct you to the excellent reps. The email address to contact them is [email protected] These reps resolved my issues real time, and they are very efficient. You can chat with them too through the chat link http://bit.ly/1b9xrmg. Try it!

• Do
    Don McKenzie sr May 26, 2016

I got a net10 75.00 card. And they put 1 phone with the internet and the other phone with out the internet. Don

• Ra
    Ray Seekford Apr 14, 2016

I purchased a Net10 $25 airtime card, yet only to learn that it wont work on my smart phone, and only works on a few older phones like flip phones, yet that fact isnt in print anywhere on the net10 refill card for $25. so net10 tells me to bad for your loss and tells me to buy a $35 refill card, , and thhey are keeping my $25.00 i spent on this unused card, , , well...here is my video response to Net10

Comments

• Rn
    RN4Justice Jul 04, 2015

TRACFONE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF A LIFETIME! July 2015
    I made the mistake of giving my housebound, immobile aunt- who could not afford a phone- who needed a lifeline- this terrible company's phone. They treated her so blatantly rudely on the phone when she called for help ( I was on the line- 3 way call from my phone) telling her it wasn't their job to help people who didn't know how to use their phone and insulting her through out the call. Of course there was no higher up to consult as this was "the supervisor"! Evidently he has no boss. Customer “service" that on every call tells an immobile person with no other phone line or communication they have to call from another line to get help! (Despite them being perfectly capable of handling it on a 3 way call but not wanting to put the effort)
    - A circus of handling my complaint-- complete with a call at 6AM on the 4th OF JULY- AMERICAN HOLIDAY - the epitome of the core of off-shoring your customer "service" & a basic problem this company has in understanding this! Not only BAD BUSINESS but DISRESPECTFUL!
    - email to customer service that generates an email back asking for a call that cannot solve the problem- I call the number given only to hear a recording that says the company is closed- every time- even during normal business hours. But I managed to use the extension given in the voicemail to reach an operator…Who CANT HELP ME -because she "does not deal in complaints”, has "no supervisor there" and does not have ANY information to help me other than to "email corporate"- as I HAVE JUST DONE HERE TO START WITH to get to this point! OR "call them"- which I JUST DID only to find out she can’t help me?! And has NO OTHER NUMBER for me to get help with the problem she cannot solve?!
    -A phone system that gives a recording saying you are closed even during hours when you are open and works if one puts in the correct extension to actually access live help- well hidden- and without anyone to care or fix it.
    - Basic tenants of customer service lacking - whoever is responsible for sending these emails and leaving voicemails- you need to leave a name and number where you can actually be reached to actually solve the problems!
    - Every employee should know who is CEO, how to reach corporate, how to get a supervisor immediately and how to escalate problems they can’t solve!
    - A customer “service” department works on it’s own without supervision and is free to say and do anything they please with customers - without recourse- or concern.
    Emailed CEO per info above and will find his phone number despite it's deletion in the above post!
    Twitter and Facebook reveal this awful company who evidently just keeps raking it in off the backs of the poor without a care.

• Kl
    Klaus Fuchs, president Jun 29, 2015

I think that net10 has some serious issues in regards to internal fraud of customer payments. I checked my records and also all the email correspondence I have had with Net10. I have all the proof to show that all my monthly bills have been paid through my credit card. However Net10 claims that I have not paid any charge since April. I have proof that from my email history that I had requested auto-pay and have been enrolled a number of times as I had learned that for some reason my number was kicked out and then started to receive warning emails that my account was in default. I strongly believe and am able to prove that some one on the inside of Net10 is skimming monthly fees that are being paid to Net10 by their customers. Basically a scheme like that would be called by the FBI a wire fraud over state lines which is a criminal offense and provides for jail time and penalties. I am about toput a document together that will clearly demonstrate that Net10 is not minding the store and is exposing its customers to a fraud scheme but also identity theft by their employees who use customer confidential information to manipulate the Net10 computers and divert customer payments to themselves.

• Da
    Dave A. Apr 27, 2015

Straight Talk, a TracPhone company, set a new low standard for service.
    After a few months of very poor service, we stopped paying and went to Version. When we tried to get our phone number back to Version, they would not give it up "because it was not active since we had missed a payment." If we wanted, we could pay another month ($45) and they would then release the number.

In other words, they would hold the number we had for 10 years hostage as a parting shot to very dissatisfied customers. I am trying to get an email on Steve Ritter so I can contact him. This is a perfect example of how poorly a company can be run.

JoeGreece Dec 19, 2014

I agree wholeheartedly with all the comments about how lousy Tracfone customer service is.
    On 12/13/14, the phone number I have had for years disappeared from the Tracfone online information, so I did an off/on reset several times to no avail, even though the correct number was on the "My Phone Number " display. Then, a second different number showed up. Contacting Tracfone customer service was a total multi-hour runaround ending with them saying they would "overnight" a new SIM card. Well, that was Saturday and the damn SIM card never arrived until late the following Wednesday. Then, the runaround continued Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (today) with no resolution, but plenty of ###. Supposedly, T-Mobile has deactivated the phone number even though I never had and never will have anything to do with T-Mobile. I have no idea why T-Mobile has any role in Tracfone business, but that's what the Tracfone "experts" are trying to feed me. Now, I'm supposed to wait another 24-48 hours for something to happen. Will they call me when the problem is resolved? Yea - right!!! They were supposed to call today (another 24-hour wait period expired), but no call, so I called them with another round of the same ###. Thanks to complaintsboard.com for the information on who to contact at Tracfone. I will send this comment plus more to them.

• De
    Debra Winchell Jul 16, 2014

Trying to get my Tracfone problem fixed has been sheer torture. I used the resolution email address someone posted and they "fixed" a problem that didn't t exist. It was clear they didn't even read my email message t. It has been over a week and I've had to restate my problem over for the fifth time. They would rather I call them, but my home phone is dead and I have no work phone. Either the agents do not read the messages or they can't read English very well. Maybe that's why the company wants phone calls, because the agents can't read! Or the customer service is designed to be so bad so we'll throw the phones away and buy a new one. Don't you wish you could put the phones where they belong (;? Now I know why on TV the criminals have bags of disposable cell phones. They're all the Tracfone and Net 10 phones with problems they can't get fixed so they're just hanging around until they're used up (:

John Mayer Jul 02, 2014

I have two TracFones. One has not worked for days. Each time I call they tell me to call back in 24 hours. If you ask to speak to a supervisor she will tell you she IS the supervisor. She says their "engineers" are working on the problem. I offered to take them some coffee if she would give me their location. At one point she said repairs could take "years." That was PROBABLY a language error, but I'm not so sure. Terrible, terrible service. And they're closed altogether on weekends (what, they can't afford the extra 45¢ an hour for their employees?). And their website has been defective (at least on MY browser) for a long time.

• Lb
    lblomq Jun 14, 2014

I've had Tracfone for almost a year now. I'm generally satisfied that I get what I pay for. However, if for whatever reason a text does not get sent, when I select the option to retry sending, I get charged for trying to send again. Tracfone does not give refunds for their inability to provide the service I pay for so beware when trying to send text when there is no service or when calling to complain.

Janice Williams 8389 May 25, 2014

Bought a new services card from Walmart to reload a phone. Call customer service to load minutes, was told minutes were added and to start a google account. I did these things and then was told that the phone was still deactivated. I call customer service back only to be told "oh I am sorry, your card was used to activated another phone " which isn't mines. I ask what do we need to do to get my money and was told that the policy was that nothing could be done. That I need to count it as a loss. I ask for a complaint department and was told they no such department and that the policy was a new one of no refunds or transferring of minutes once the card has been used. I stayed on the phone for two hours or more trying to get my money. I ask why wasn't it a policy for cases such as mines and was it just wasn't. So they just gave my money away. Please be weary using this company!

• Be
    Bentley2007 May 22, 2014

Three times in the past 2 days, while using my phone to play Words with Friends, an audio ad has started playing out of nowhere. I shut down all programs and it kept playing. I turned the volume off, and it kept playing. I had to turn the phone off to get it to stop. I was so angry I didn't listen to the ad, but I caught the word Verizon. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

• Ro
    roballe May 20, 2014

our family is going on 30 days we have invested on new phone and airtime...hard earned money and no phone no service and they have our money ...just emailed fjpollak ceo will update info. when contacted by ceo i remain...

• Qe
    Qen Apr 29, 2014

FJ (Frederick) Pollak has had his email changed so that customers can no longer bother him directly, he did this after I emailed a bunch of people including him telling them how dissatisfied I to was with their (lack) of customer service and I did eventually get help but still they make you feel like they are doing you a favor taking your money. TO BAD MOST COMPANIEIS NOW DON'T VALUE THEIR CUSTOMERS... This is in part our faults for letting companies get away with this over and over and not demanding more.

AngelaTru Feb 06, 2014

Thanks for the CEO information. I just had the WORST customer service experience in my life. I have worked in customer service for 11 years and also have rental properties. These people can barley speak or understand English and have zero answers to any problems that are not scripted in a manual. When asking to speak to someone that can help you are transferred blindly to someone else that is just as blind to your situation and/or how to handle it. I started with Net10 service due to price and convenience with having a large family. I am realizing that you truly may not be saving anything when any problems you have cannot nor will not have any attempts to be addressed and you are treated and spoken to so poorly. The customer service rep actually kept repeating herself in a childlike way and when I finally lost my temper and swore she told me she would terminate the phone call if I spoke to her disrespectfully again. I am in awe that the two women that I spoke with today could possibly be considered customer service representatives. I am truly disappointed on so many levels with this company at this point and will be directing anyone that asks in the opposite direction of this company.

Saratoga1 Feb 02, 2014

ALWAYS file a complaint with the BBB!!! I filed a complaint regarding Tracfone yesterday and I received a call back from Tracfone's Miami office today and my issue has been resolved.

• Em
    emily gonzalez Sep 01, 2013

I feel for all these people. I called because a prepaid, phone that I purchase from them was defective.
    before returning this phone I had bought a 120 minutes card and according to the program they are supose to double it to 240 minutes. I never got to use my minutes when I called customer service was told that these 240 would be add to my replacement phone a lg800 they never added the other minutes. They gave me 130 minutes when I asked what happen to the 110 that they were suppose to be added they acted stupid. I am writing to the CEO these people should be fired from their jobs they are lousy workers and this dose not help tracfone in any way

ILovemyCallers Jun 30, 2013

Those minutes might also be pending so you could call them(I know you are probably rolling your eyes but thats the only way you can get the codes) and tell them you didn't get the minutes. They will provide you with a programming code that you need to enter and if that doesn't work the agent should then manually send you replacement minutes.

ILovemyCallers Jun 30, 2013

To transfer a number from a phone the phone needs to be an active phone that which was why they sent you a SIM card for your old phone. The prepaid option gets locked after 3 incorrect code enters so if you already tried it 3 times i suggest you call them because continuing will just lock your phone. If you didn't get a manual you can call them and request them to send it to you in physical form or in digital form via an e-mail address. The units transferable from old defective phone is confirmed from some guys in another department and believe me I sometimes get disgusted with them as well. And us for the bad customer service you can ask us to compensate you for it (they only give minutes though and we have an embarrassing procedure where we are forced to start from the lowest to the highest.

ILovemyCallers Jun 30, 2013

Hello Valerie I also work at Tracfone and I can explain to you what had happened. The agents are actually required to have you enter the codes manually unless your phone is broken otherwise they will call a department who can verify the tools. Let me suggest that if you ever have to call again about it you can ask that you be handled by someone from the Philippines call center. The best call centers of Tracfone are located there and I can tell you that even I as an employee cannot believe the amount of background noise that comes each time we have to make a call to our counterparts located in Latin America.

• Ca
    carrier100 May 11, 2013

salim4joy if you don't like the service go with a different carrier.

salim4joy May 11, 2013

i have a straight talk line with unlimited international dialing, this service is mostly out of service. the customers service sucks they just assume that u don't know how to use the phone.if someone from the company does read this plz for heaven sake do something

• Belleville May 01, 2013

John-Michael Apr 30, 2013

I had been having to call customer service about once a month. My cell phone service was not working more than it was. I had spent more time talking to customer service on someone else’s phone than I spoke to people on my phone. Then they screwed up my account even worse: lost my minutes, days, even my phone number. They kept telling me they could not recover the information and do not give refunds. After four or five phone calls totaling four or five hours, and being told to call back again tomorrow- I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It took nearly two months to get a response. The minutes they could not recover in five hours suddenly became possible in less than five minutes. However, being two months after the fact, I had already changed carriers. I insisted on a refund for the unused time.
    If customer service is not willing to solve the problem file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau Florida. www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org

NOtoNET10 Aug 20, 2012

I was signed up for the monthly plan. After deciding I needed to graduate to a regular service plan for my phone, I ported my Net10 number to my new provider. Net10 continued to charge me monthly for minutes I was not even able to use on my new phone. Upon realizing the charges, I called the company for a refund - after all, I couldn't use them. The company was not willing to refund one of the two months charges stating I had not called the company to cancel the service. Folks, we are talking about a measly $16.00. Let's be real, it's not a lot of money. I can't even take my family out for dinner at that price, but they were unwilling to budge. They would rather I spend my time complaining to friends, family, and colleagues about my dissatisfaction than give me the credit. I have disputed the charge with my credit card company and made it my mission to slam this company every chance I get.

• Co
    Corp.Wendy Jul 27, 2012

I once had an issue with my phone and got it situated. I just sent an email to them using this email address [email protected] and they were able to help me resolve the issue. Hope this helps.

• Wa
    waterdave Jul 21, 2012

Tracfone used to be good. Now it is garbage. I used to be able to text my kids in New Zealand with an old Nokia phone. Got a new LG and now I can't. Seems like it's company policy not to allow texting to outside the US. What a load of nonsense! The service I have received from Support Staff including managers is awful. Poor lines with incredible background noise, couldn't even keep my original number. The LG phone I received had a T-Moble SIM which doesn't work very well where I live (this despite inserting our Zip when buying the phone). Got them to send an AT&T SIM which is better (after a delay of several days, 2 arrived on successive days showing how inefficient they are). I have made repeated calls for a week to tidy matters up and they still haven't got my international calling up-and-running.
    TRACFONE--WHAT A SHAMBLES!

• Ro
    Ron Snyder Jun 18, 2012

I purchased a. airtime card for 1, 600 minutes, but only 12, 200 minutes were added to my Tracfone. - Motorloa STOLE 400 minutes!! <> Today I called them about it & I was told I would have to supply them with a CREDIT CARD NUMBER?? <> After I use the minutes that I have now, I WILL NEVER BUY AIRTIME AGAIN FROM MOTOROLA!!! THIS Company is a THIEF!!! <><> PEOPLE SHOULD AVOID MOTOROLA PRODUCTS.

• Ra
    Randall2012 May 10, 2012

I was able to get help from TracFone's corporate office. I emailed [email protected] and got a response immediately from one of their Corporate executives and my issue was resolved very quickly. Give them a try. It worked for me.