Necc Telecom and Apela Companyphone bill

M

This company automatically and without my knowledge enrolled me in a "promotion" plan.
I have no idea what was about, but they added $10 to my phone bill every month, and I was in autopay program. Then I called them and inquired about it, they told me that I have the option to "opt-out" out of what I called scam.
In my opinion this is stealing, I asked then not to do it again, and now they enrolled me again in another "promotion", this time is for $5 per month. I will cancel my services, but be aware of being scammed.

• Bi
    Bill Karaki May 12, 2019

WARNING DO NOT USE APELA
    my older long distance company get purchased by Apela
    it started by low international calls rate. but, their bill include taxes and a wide range of fees, they especially charge late fees, never had that kind of problem with other bills so i started paying it as soon i get the bill, but they still charge late fee, the last bill i got i used $7.89 on calls,
    the total bill was $54.04 !!! but when you complain they apologize and credit you right away.I'm closing my account.
    I do not recommend them to anyone,

• Al
    AlmaBeg Dec 07, 2018

I also have bad experience with Apela. I was not auto-enrolled but willingly signed up as they replaced ABAnet the company we used previously and were happy with. I was not on autopay so they could not have collected funds. But instead, they charged excessive fees, taxes and services for each minute used or not used. In the end the bill for minutes used (less than 15 dollars) I paid 50. I am happy to have cancelled all the services with them and I would also recommend stay away from Apela.