National Pen Company - www.pens.comthis company is a classic scam!

National Pen Company is a promotional gift company. On the literature they sent us and on their Website, www.pens.com, it clearly mentions that 2008 calendars will ship within 7 days or less. We placed an order with them on August 27, 2007 for a promotional event schedules for Sept 18, thinking we have plenty of time. After a week of multiple phone call and assurances that order is fine finally on Sept 4, 8 days after the order was placed here is what they mentioned:

The 7 days promise is actually for 7 days after completion of production Your order was lost but even if we correct it today it will take 2-3 weeks to ship in transit time from Tennessee to California is 2 weeks So you should see your order by end of Sept. (5 weeks after order was placed).

This company is a classic SCAM. We are now scrambling to find someone to produce the calendars we need by Sept 18. Please don't put your promotional needs in the hand of fly by night companies like National Pen.

• Ra
    RainShines Dec 13, 2018

The pens we received are great. However, when we went to pay for them, we realized this company is run by either complete incompetents or crooks. Ordered online, tried to pay online: no dice. Called to get an invoice. Got emails and snail mail bills for different amounts. I paid the bill that was closest to reality by check because I didn't trust them with my credit card #. After the check cleared, calls kept coming in for the exact amount of the cleared check. Guess these folks don't want repeat business ... we would have been good, repeat customers. Instead, we go here for our promotional needs. https://www.promotique.com/

• Du
    Dustin N Stacey Woods Dec 11, 2018

I just got off the phone with customer service, and now I see why there are so many 1 star reviews. My order came yesterday (or I thought was our order) only to open the box and it belongs to another company. I called to seek a resolution and was told they could not reach the customer that it should have went to in order to see if they have our pens. They called back today to tell me that the order would have to be processed as a "redo" and would take 7-10 business days, and they could include overnight air free. GEE what a bargain free shipping for an order that could be 3-4 weeks behind what I expected. I asked is there any way to rush it and give me a definite date because that would determine whether I would like to cancel or not. Christmas would be over then and the need would no longer exist. HORRIBLE customer service and lack of concern from the lady on the other end.

• Me
    MEEM38 Oct 16, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews before I placed my order on September 26th, 2018. On October 2nd, I wrote an email to [email protected] because I had not heard anything from anyone about my order. When after a few days I did not receive a response to my email, I called. A woman told me I should receive my order by October 11th. On October 8th I finally received the reply to my email stating, "The order was released to production on 10/1. Standard production time on this product is 10-15 business days. Please allow time for shipping". October 11th came and went - but having already learned i would not be receiving the order on that day, I was only mildly annoyed. I called again today. I did not know it would take such a ridiculously long time to get my order. The woman on the phone reiterated that the order went into production on October 1st, but that I probably wouldn't receive it until around November 1st. Are you kidding me? Order placed September 26th with an estimated delivery date of November 1st? Would you do business with a company like this? Now, after waiting 20 days, I'm told I will have to wait 16 more? NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

• Ju
    Julie Nielssen Sep 12, 2018

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. I received an advertisement for discounted pens in the mail and decided to check it out. I started completing the online form but stopped when it came time to provide credit card information. I wanted to think about it a little longer before ordering. I changed my mind the next day and closed the window with the partially completed order form. Unbeknownst to me, the company filled my order and sent it to me. When I received it, I found an invoice for payment due for twice the amount indicated on their site. I immediately called National Pen and told them of the error and said I'd be happy to return the pens. I spoke to two representatives and a manager. They all told me the same thing, that the order was valid and I owed them the money. No refund or discount would be offered even if I returned the pens. During the times between these phone calls, I decided to check the reputability of this company and found many people experienced something similar. It looks like this company operates underhandedly and has low business ethics. Not only did I receive this order that I did not want, the information was incorrect on the pens. I tried offering several resolutions but was turned down on all. They refused to work with me. At this point, the ONLY resolution I will accept is a voided invoice

• Nf
    nfrep Mar 31, 2018

Just a summary:

Jan 28, order lost because they stated they didnt have the pens they prominently advertise online and bait/switch you to buy another product.
    Feb 20, after complaint they EXPEDITE an order that still wasn't shipped for an additional 2 weeks.

Received order and it was WRONG. They stated it was my fault they misspelled the company name.

Company sent canned response to all inquiries sent, then after a negative review stated to send contact information. The next day they call to collect payment with no mention of how horrible their service is. Of course they state we have opened a "ticket" to investigate, surely to drag it along and cause a late fee and possible ding to my credit. Lesson Learned, they are not flexible and do not care about customers. They bait and switch you and it will end up costing you much more than you bargained for. BUYER BEWARE, go elsewhere and DO NOT do business with these folks.

• Ad
    AdeRoberts Mar 08, 2017

National Pen is a fraud, I don't even know why i came back to order from them. They never deliver on time and never let you know upfront that items are out of stock. Never again!!! Order at your own risk...!!!

• Te
    Technifor Oct 05, 2016

I was sent a stylus pen as a sample.
    I called their call centre several times to ask if what I was ordereing was the same as the samples.
    No it was not. They sent me totally different to what I asked for and when complaining they will tell you its your fault.
    Cowboy company with scam ideas listened to the other complaints They will RIP YOU OFF just to penny pinch
    listened to the other complaints
    Word of warning. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

• Mw
    mwithey Sep 09, 2014

They offer GREAT $$ off and free setup and free shipping for new cus, but after setting up a pen u want and then order it they add Setup cost plus shipping.
    I still ordered and then they I could get 100 pens for $49.00 and when u get ready to Order thay Add setup free $15.95 and shipping free Watch OUT
    They are nice pen's but dont lie to me and then add 2 more charges to to the order.

Watch the $$ chg

• Ab
    abe bulb May 13, 2014

i bought 500 pens from them a couple of years ago we moved offices and misplaced the box they were in
    Just found the box and about 100 pens wont write i called the manufacture explained the situation & she told me there is nothing she
    could do except place another order DOES SHE THINK IM SOME KIND OF SHMUCK does she think i have ink on my face
    all i asked for was replacement blue ink the pens are brand new
    we gave out a bunch of pens we received phone calls saying (WOW GREAT ADVERTISMENT HOW COME YOUR GIVING WAY DEFECTIVE PENS) are you to CHEAP to spend a couple of extra pennies and get some that write
    i wanted to climb into a hole i was so embarrassed
    abe 1-877 abe bulb

• Hi
    Hiroshi Usui Apr 27, 2014

|Amazing service with this company. I put in a rather confusing request where I wanted Asian characters to appear beside my name on a set consisting of a mechanical pencil and a pen (I ordered the "Paragon Pen and Pencil Gift Set"). A company representative e-mailed me for clarification and I approved it. It arrived EXACTLY how I wanted it; they even had my name in all lowercase letters as I asked. When you receive an e-mail for confirmation, it shows you an artist conception of what will be printed on the pen/pencil.

I also applied a coupon that removed the shipping cost and the set-up fees, so I spent $58.

My only warning is that the pens/pencils arrived 21 days after I ordered them. However, such times should be permissible given the amount of customization required.

Because of the amount of negative reviews this website is receiving, I will be sharing my experience on other websites. I simply wish to add some variety to the mix. Also, I'm trying to upload my photo as proof, but for some reason complaintsboard won't upload it.

• Fi
    fisuras Mar 14, 2014

I ordered from National Pen in the UK. The pens came more or less when promised and I paid the invoice. However, their finance office, which claims to work with Bank of America, is still bothering me two months later. I have had e-mails, letters and phone even though, as I have pointed out to them, my cheque was cashed. Is this how they make their money? How do I get them off my back?

• Wr
    Wrightway pools Dec 10, 2013

After talking to an associate, she checked and promised that delivery would be able to be met by a specific date. After over a week, I called to check on the order and they informed me that the order would take 10 days longer. I needed the items to deliver to my clients 1 week before Xmas. This company scammed me as well. They promise delivery, then let you down. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me. Now I am forced to come up with an alternative present for all my clients, which has caused me more money, stress, and time that I do not have . Stay away from this company.

• Nr
    NRCT Dec 09, 2013

We ordered calendars and pens from National Pens 4 months ago. We have 150 dedicated volunteers turning up today and no gifts. This is the most unprofessional, appalling business I have ever dealt with. The only people you can speak to are a call centre in Ireland who can't help. We are very angry.
    Do not use this business ever!!!

• Dc
    dcm Oct 16, 2013

Was told my pens would be a promo cost of .59 each...they did not tell me anywhere (until I received my bill) that there was a $15.95 set up fee and that shipping and handling for 100 pens was $14.95. RIP OFF.

• I've only ordered twice from National Pen, but had no problems what so ever. I WILL continue to order from them. They were not the fastest company I've ever dealt with, but they were accurate and it was delivered when they said. I did not chose to take the faster delivery and pay for it, so I'm not unhappy about how long it took to get my product. I've had a good experience both times and will continue to order.

Madjestic Apr 02, 2013

I am currently going through hell with this company in Australia also. Ordered a box of torches they claim I have 2 boxes, I have paid for 1 box but refuse to pay for an item i do not have being the supposed 2nd box. They have now sent the debt collector onto me. Not happy at all that they can be allowed to get away with these type of practices. The torches are dodgy also they go flat after 5min.

• Ha
    hates plastic Jan 15, 2013

National Pen Company keeps sending me special offers in the mail. The envelope contains one pen. I keep the pen (might as well, even though I don't like them), and throw the order form in the recycle bin. What annoys me is that they pad the envelope with a big sheet of plastic which can't be recycled. What a waste!

Chuck59 May 21, 2012

I ordered pens from them in the past. Everything was O.K. with the previous orders. When I called them this time, I asked for the same order that I had had with them in the past. I even suggested that they have a "Re-Order" button. When I received my pens (twice the price as the previous order), they had inserted their pens.com advertising logo within my logo????? When I called them about fixing the order, not cancelling, I was told by CSR Holly that their was nothing they would do about it???

They have lost my business forever. As I am a small business owner, I learned along time ago that it was easier to fix a problem than loose a customer. It costs many times more money to get a new customer than it does to keep a current one happy.

They got my money this time, but NEVER again.

sample pen Feb 18, 2012

Hi good day, please send me sample pens to my postal address:
    ATIF M ALI
    SUDAPOST
    P.O.BOX 11191
    KHARTOUM 11111
    SUDAN
    PHONE: [protected]
    ALL THANKS FOR YOU

• I wish I too had read this first. I ordered wooden nickels with advertising on them. It is so small that you can't even read it clearly. Called them and they said that there was nothing they could do about it. I told them that I would be ashamed to put these out to customers and that I would think they would not want their advertising job to look like this. All I got was Sorry, well that doesn't cut it. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. The customer service sucks!!! I can't wait for them to call for me to order from them again.

• Wh
    Where are my pens? Jan 25, 2012

Similar experience...ordered on January 6th...was told it would ship by January 20th and received an email today that my order was cancelled because of lack of inventory. I have a feeling I only got the cancellation this quick because I keep emailing to check on status. Very disappointed - I will never deal with them again.

Mad in Mo Dec 14, 2011

Yep! All these negative comments are absolutely correct! They send out a good looking sample piece.. you place an order so you can have them before the new year, they say pay later and promise you the world!! After not hearing from them for two weeks.. I call only to find out there is a problem with the order. Keep in mind I have heard nothing of this. Call the next day to find out it has been cancelled!!! They are out of calendars. I have customers that look forward to their calendars and now I have to scramble to find some... I wouldn't do business with them. Use them as a last resort and you may or may not get what you need!!! Mad in Missouri!!

• Do
    Doloras Smith Jul 06, 2011

I have ordered Advertising Pens from National Pens for quite a number of years, with no problems whatsoever. I am in the Tax/Bookkeeping Business and give the pens to my clients. This year, I again ordered but the pens I received were faulty. Some of the Highlighter Pens were already dry or would dry up in just a day or two. I called National Pen about this problem and they asked me to send some back so that their Quality Control Department could check them. I sent about 30 pens to them, but the next reponse I received was from a very "aggresive" collection agency. I am returning all the pens I have left today. I plan to order more pens and hope that the quality is better than my last order. I never received any correspondence from their Quality Control Dept. after the pens were tested. Just a series of phone calls from the "Aggresive" Collection Agency. Very disappointed!
    Smith Bookkeeping & Tax Service
    Doloras J. Smith, President.

• Ir
    IRSTaxPro May 04, 2011

For about 5 years, I have ordered pens from the company. The batch of 100 I ordered three years ago were fine - comfortable, and wrote nicely on most any surface. Then, I ordered another batch of 100 of a different design. They wrote nicely but kept falling apart. You push the button on top to bring out the filler and the bottom part of the pen separates! I ended up cutting pieces of scotch tape to apply and hold the pieces of the pen together. The bad news was that I had given out a dozen of these before I discovered the problem. About 1/2 of those clients gave me feedback that they appreciated the pen, but it did not hold up. Great advertising.

In April 2011, I made the mistake of ordering 130 pretty pens. They arrived - imprint was perfect, and the pens look classy. The problem with this order is that they write very poorly. On many surfaces, like my check register, they refuse to write! I have tried several different pens from this batch - all the same. I pulled out one of the prior pens that I had received from them to try in the check register - it wrote perfectly! So, it appears that they have changed fillers and these new ones are a piece of junk. Today I wrote them asking that they remove me from their mailing list. It is too bad - I really liked this new pen's appearance, but now I have 130 useless pens. I do not dare give these to clients. They actually feel like they could cut a document when you try to write with them.

Until they get their act together, I suggest you save your money - pay more and get a product that is actually functional. I have only bought their pens - and based upon this experience, I would not buy anything else from them.

• Th
    The Drake Mar 27, 2011

This company copied MY graphics on our webpage, stuck them to a pen, and then tried to sell them to us - as their own design! They must think we're idiots.

• Aj
    AJ in Tacoma, WA Mar 12, 2011

I ordered squiggle pens from National Pen in 2007 and ordered refills at least twice when I was getting low. The last time I ordered was October of 2009, and again reordered the squiggle pens.
    I am on my last case of pens, that I have just taken out of the stock room, and every pen in the case writes briefly (a couple of words) and then stops writing for good. Shaking it, scribbling with it, dotting it, nothing helps. Every single pen in the case is like that. Very discouraging that all of these brand new pens are useless to give to customers!

Jazybee Feb 19, 2011

I have a rep named Darlene and she is fantastic to work with. I have ordered several times in the last year and no problems at all.

• Jw
    JWWilliams Jan 14, 2011

WOULD NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!
    First couple of orders were fine. The last order was terrible. The pens would write one line or two and no more.
    All were dried up. Sent some back to them per their request and got nothing but a big runaround. Finally just
    gave up.

• Ro
    Robio Dec 07, 2010

This company is a total rip-off, always charging a set-up fee for the same order. My total cost in the end is usually 65 percent higher than what is expected. They get you with their easy ordering by clicking a few buttons which states the original cost for the item and then tack on all sorts of fees when you receive the order and invoice in the mail. Stay away or know what your total before you accept. Customer service is useless and cannot do anything for so don't even waste your time.

• Al
    All American Sep 13, 2010

Contact Clark Howard.Com. They have a team of workers that can help you

• Ve
    Vesta Inpsections Jun 17, 2010

I wish I had read this Complaints Board before ordering pens from National Pen Company. I first learned about this company through and advertisement they sent to my company PO box which came with a very nice sample pen and a reasonable offer. I placed my order and within two weeks started checking shipping status. It showed the delivery date was unknown so I eventually called customer service. They told the items were on backorder and no estimated delivery time. They couldn't even promsed me I would ever get the product! Said "it was a popular item." So, I tried again in late May. Shame on me - fool me twice!!! When I placed my order, I told the rep I needed my pens for an important marketing convention on June 22nd. The lady told me no problem. I would have them by June 18th. So again, I started checking delivery status, and again, delivery date unknown. I called customer service again and got the same lame story - on backorder, no idea they will ship. TAKE MY ADVICE, AND THE ADVICE OF EVERYONE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD . . . STAY AWAY FROM NATIONAL PEN!!!

• Pi
    Pizzedashell Mar 26, 2010

VERY BAD do not deal with. They do not contact you if there are any problems with your order. My order was placed on 3/9/2010 I have called about the order asking when it will ship. I got blah blah. My last time talking with them was today 3/26/2010

On 3/24/10 They said it will ship by 2 day UPS. Well I got no notice it has shipped or anything so today 3/26 I asked about about my order. and they said it was discontinued a week ago!!

THEY LIED to me telling me it was going to ship and NEVER contacted me that AFTER I placed my order on 3/9 that it was discontinued on 3/22 and here I am waiting for them!

• I was a customer for five years. Every year I would order my pocket calenders and they would deliver them. There was never an invoice in the box. When I asked for one, they would send me an invoice with a twenty dollar late charge added. I would then send them a check for the amount due less the twenty dollars.
    This year they haven't bothered to send the calenders, just the bill.
    Their customer service is a joke.
    Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.

• Kj
    kjoltd Nov 03, 2009

National Pen Company is not True to their Word. Their customer Service leaves much to be desired. Placed Pen order on September 2, 2009 with Heather Fox, and was promised that at least part of my order would be delivered prior to September 11, 2009. (Needed for scheduled event 9/12/2009) Entire order shipped out after September 12, 2009, along with another Pen order that was previously viewed, but never placed. (Internet order 9/5/2009 with dated Pen's for 9/12/2009 Event) I spent more money on the order placed with Heather Fox that the online Pen advertisement. In any case I have tried unsucessfully to resolve the additional Pen order I received. Their 100% satisfaction is just another line of BS from National Pen Company and its Personnel. I was a customer for oder 15 years and now wouldn't recommend this Company or its Customer Service to anyone.

Stay Clear of Company and its Listed Product Line.

• Mr
    MrsQuiet Oct 23, 2009

My heart is so sad that this company has proved so unreliable. I ordered pens for a conference in 2008 and loved them--good quality, good customer service. I reordered a year later and was very disappointed in the quality--2/3 of the pens are faulty. I called but have not yet received the label to send back the order--it has been a month now. They would not email the return label, only snail-mail it. Phone calls go unreturned, their online support has disconnected me, email responses repeat that the label has been sent. I ordered early to ensure that any problems would be resolved before my conference. This company has managed to destroy my timeline and my confidence in their service.

• My
    My Thoughts Oct 18, 2009

I've ordered many times over the years and I've been happy with all my dealings with the company and have been happy with their products. The only negative I can think of is when I ordered Christmas CDs for my husband to send to his clients. We never received the order at all, but we weren't billed for it either, so we cancelled the order because we had already bought regular cards so we could get them out in time for Christmas. All of the other orders I made were very satisfactory. If anything, they call so many times to see if I am happy with my order that I get irritated from getting so many calls.

• Vm
    VMS Aug 23, 2009

I was an employee of Natinal pen company in the philippines for over 2 years. Not only is everyone right about the cheap products they sell, they also don't know how to treat their employees well. After I worked for the company for such a long time, I was terminated because I was hospitalized and wasn't able to report for work. I wasn't given the benifit of the doubt, even with all the medical certification to prove I was really confined in the hospital...TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, I FILED A CAE AGAISNT THE OMPANY FOR ILLEGAL DISMISSAL WITH THE LABOR BOARD HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES...NOTE: NATIONAL PEN COMPANY HAS OTHER CASES THAT WERE ALSO FILED BY EX-EMPLOYEES.

• Im
    impressivejhunsi Jul 25, 2009

I agree with all of you out there! This company is a rip off. We ordered a item from them, they were delivered and they were falling apart and broken. We contacted the company and they told us to return them and they would credit us for the item. We returned the broken crappy product with their own return label which they did send, and we never were credited. Two months later i received a bill stating payment was needed immeadialty, as it was over 30 days due. I contacted the collections department, and they stated they would take care of it. Three months later i received another notice from National penn and a second one from a collection agency that these funds were still owed. I again contacted National Pen about this, and they stated my account was credited and there was no balance due. Well...it seems like every two to three months that pass i receive a notice from different collection agencies stating these funds are still due. And everytime i call the com;pany and they tell me there is nothing to worry about, they will take care of it and i dont have to worry. Well this has been going on for a year and a half now. I just called both the collection agency today and National pen for the 12th time and this time their supervisor sent an email to me with the information that she sent to the collection agency. I threatened to sue them, and stated by the time i am done with them as they are defamating my character and credit, i will own their company. SO does anyone out there know of a GOOD lawyer?

Jackyhu Jul 03, 2009

We are a pen supplier from China, Export all type of logo pens, promotional pens, you can find our products on the website: www.logopen.cn, we can offer the pens for our customer at very cheap price, 10000PCS Pens, The Production lead time only 7-10days, and 100, 0000 Pcs Pens Production lead time, 10-15days, Shipment to USA, Canada, Europe are very easily and quickly, DHL, TNT, UPS, FEDEX, or by boat(LCL/Container) is avalible.feel free to contact me if u r interesting, (sales at logopen.cn)

• Hi
    highwaypirate May 21, 2009

This company is a complete and total ripoff for anyone wanting quality advertising products at a fair price. They have prices in their ads then during checkout the "set up" fees and highly inflated shipping costs crop up.
    I ordered some pens and magnets on the 9th of May. In that order, the set up fees and shipping added up to over $60.00. (2 small boxes).
    I received an email from the company before I had received my merchandise. The email stated they would waive the set up fees and include $5.00 shipping for all orders.
    I called their "customer service" to ask if I could be included in that special. The rude lady on the phone told me that they could not give me that special pricing because my order had already been processed.
    So much for their claims that they will do what is necessary to make the customer satisfied.
    National Pen Company should be avoided!!