MyUS.commyus.com is a scam

L Review updated:

Hi!

All started when I was looking for an US forwarding company to buy a birthday present (a projector) which was only available to americans consumers.
Alright so after few times I decide to deal with MyUs as they had a Times Magazine's article and an A+ as BBB Rating.

So I join their service with the "Premium Subscription" ($27 USD) and add a request for the object I want to order...
First surprise: you have to verify your account with a random amount taken from your bank account. This process took 48 hours (while I was already late) and is precised nowhere (neither in the F.A.Q. nor in the Compliance Policy).
So after waiting 2 days, I finally have this amount and can verify my account.

Ouf! Will I finally be able to purchase the product? No way!
Even if while the request was in the "pending" status I have been promised that it'll get processed as soon as I will verify my account, it finally changes to the "cancelled" status without receiving any mail.
Huh... It's probably a mistake, let's check that with the live chat support.

]http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/sing_-310b2ec760.png

please note that I had to wait few minutes between each answers)

So let's recapitulate: after wasting me more than 2 days, MyUs closed my account for "fraudulent activities" -while I am pure as the driven snow-, "hunged up" on me and had hell of nerve to insinuate that I AM the fraudster even though I correctly paid the subscription fees, had to deal with unexpected security measures and waited quietly.

Please note that I have been told that I'd get refunded all the fees but they only refunded me $24 USD over the $27 USD:

Just an advice: run away from them!

• Le
    Lepretre Nov 18, 2010

UPDATE (18-11-2010):
    I just received a call from MyUS' Customer Service Manager which apologized for what happened. My account has been reactivated and they told me that all will be okay from now.

• My
    MyUS.com Manager Nov 22, 2010

I am the Customer Service Manager who spoke with the person who initiated this complaint. We were able to quickly resolve the problem with his account and establish a good working relationship. Since we spoke on Thursday, he has ordered more products through our service and we expect to send a shipment to him later this week. We hope to have another customer for life!

• Du
    Dude18 Dec 25, 2013

The website www.myusa.com offers to deliver purchased products from the companies, which only deliver in U.S. They gave me the address and phone, which I mentioned when I bought clothes from one website. So my order must be delivered to this address and this company would deliver my order to my country. Now people from this website argue that they already sent the package, but I waited 2 months and nothing arrived. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Can you provide any good piece of advice?

• Db
    Âdéèb Wâhâj Mar 24, 2019

@Dude18 I am facing the same issue right now. It’s been 3 months now.

• Tf
    Tfau Aug 28, 2015

MyUS is a scam. Please do not make the mistake of paying 3 times the usual shipping rate from the US to Australia by using the MyUS service. Their terms of use were not disclosed before I signed up and then I was charged 3 times the usual shipping rate without being given an opportunity to review the charge in advance. I have reported their conduct to Century 21, who uses them as a shipper. Please do not believe the misleading and deceptive allegations on their website that they save their customers money - its false and I paid 3 times the usual shipping rate to Australia.

Tony

• Mu
    mubashar ahmad Mar 25, 2016

I would prefer viabox which don't charge an extensive amount and also more reliable.

• Do
    donkwa Mar 30, 2016

myus are fraudulent people. they charged me for a shipment that never happened. they stated the date as July 4th 2015. since that date I have made shipments till today 2016 March . all of a sudden they brought up a bill for 2015. why now? That's the question. I have noticed fraudulent activities on my card and they are the suspect. please never you use them. they will charge your card and take money from it whenever they feel like.

• Ha
    HamzaShaykh Apr 25, 2017

viabox is a trustworthy company for cargo services with best customer services and lowest shipping rates.

• Ic
    ichongs Aug 21, 2017

saya lebih suka menggunakan Viabox. selain harganya lebih murah, pelayanannya juga cepat, CS akan merespon dalam waktu 1--12 jam. selain itu tidak ada biaya pendaftaran, tidak ada biaya pemrosesan dan tidak ada biaya lain yang tersembunyi.

• Ca
    Caro M Fonck Sep 29, 2017

Trying MyUs has been the worst mistake I have ever made. I paid 2-3 times the shipping cost for two packages. The total cost of my items went from 183 USD to over 366 USD because of the shipping costs and Customs fee - the Customs fee was high because MyUs declared goods for 200 USD instead of 90 USD, and I was not able to reach anyone to give me a reasonable response). I asked them to weight a package containing only a 1.7 OZ perfume, declared to be 0.8 lb, the final weight was set to 1.2 lb, how was that possible? And customer service - inexistent, so if you have an issue or a claim to make, forget it, you will only spend days in-front of the computer getting cookie-cutter answers, and by the end you'll still have the same issue or even a worse one. Please, be aware, try other carriers, for sake of your finances. I was totally ripped-off!

• Ri
    Rizwan Abbas Oct 10, 2017

True stories. i registered 3 days ago with my card and still my account not approved. While talking to customer support they I do not have any account with them and they disconnected.

• Fr
    Freelancer Brasileiro Feb 01, 2018

Olá para todos nós! Estou vendo que tem muita gente que é desesperada e decepcionada com alguns despachantes? Recentemente ando pedindo umas coisas dos Estados Unidos e da Europa. E descobri um ótimo serviço que chapa Viabox. Primeiro pesquisei a respeito e descobri que:
    Vantagem de usar o Viabox:
    - Viabox.com tem as tarifas de frete mais baratas entre outras companhias.
    -Viabox é o único despachante que aceita pagamentos em bitcoins

• Na
    Nadine H Mar 28, 2018

I have to admit when I read the bad reviews I thought
    they were a bit exaggerated, but when I tried this
    company and paid for the budget economy shipping method
    which indicated that Door-to-Door Tracking was available,
    only to get a response from their customer service that
    tracking is not available !!! which means that I will
    not know where is my parcel, and which company shipped it.
    They even did not tell me which company shipped it.
    I knew something was wrong after their website didn't
    show any tracking information for about 7 days.
    Below is there customer service response that was sent
    to me by email because you cannot reach them by any other mean:

We apologize for any inconvenience. When using this shipping method
    the tracking information is not updated or available as it is with
    our express shipments. The shipments may be delivered with your local
    postal office and they may not update the tracking information until
    a shipment is delivered.

We recommend selecting FedEx Priority or DHL Express for your future
    shipments if you need them to be delivered faster and with detailed
    tracking information.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    Neal
    MyUS.com

As you can see from the response there is no information at all about the parcel.

They didn't give me any info information at all about the parcel, and their website says door to door tracking available for the budget economy, they writ false information on their website and expect to get away with it, I have used their services according to the info on their website, If their website said no door to door tracking information for the budget economy, I wouldn't have used it, so this is entirely their fault.

So now you have a proof that this company is not trustworthy, so avoid at any cost.

• Ju
    Just Tress It Sep 23, 2018

@Nadine H Hi Nadine,

I have just read your review, this is certainly a terrible thing to happen.

My partner and I have recently created a new shopping service that shops and ships goods from the US for the Customer.

We felt these customers pain, so we learned the system and created something that we know many others want.

We focus on Customer Communication, Transparency, and Fairness.

If you would like to try our Service - Just Tress it I would like to offer you at no shipping fee discount if you use the code NOSHOP with your order.

www.justtressit.com.au

Hope you have a great day!

• Su
    Su Shuen Apr 26, 2018

I think this website has a big problem, first I registered an account on this website and i found it not friendly that i could not take down my credit card as it saved it for billing cycle for the membership, i cancelled this account immediately, after a month, it charged my credit card, i feel not right then i go back to their site, and what the h that i can still sign in and my account status is premium, monthly charges is $7. I did cancel the account like why they so desperately scam people money like that! BE CAREFUL THIS WEBSITE! THEY REQUIRED YOUR CARD INFORMATION WHEN YOU FIRST REGISTER ON IT! WELL FUNNY IS YOU CANNOT REMOVE YOUR CARD! AND NOW I AM FIGURING OUT HOW TO REMOVE MY CARD FROM THEIR WEBSITE!

• Bl
    blueshift Jul 25, 2018

A lot of shipments get broken because anything that comes in without retail packaging, they remove all the protective wrapping to inspect the item and don't replace the protective packaging with anything. This is their policy - they have told me this in correspondence.

They require customers to pay for "insurance" but they don't pay claims. I've had 2 items broken and no claims paid.

• Vi
    vijayasian Aug 14, 2018

Hi Guys,

Make an online complaint with the consumer protection agency in Texas where Myus.com is located.

&

These 2 agencies are where you should make the complaint for legal action.

I'm being cheated by myus.com as well.

They will take action only when many complaints are made.

Thanks in advance.

• Do
    Doris Su Sep 25, 2018

I will go for Transbang cause they can declare my own value and customer service is really instant and helpful, shipping with USPS 20% off and no forwarding service fee! http://bit.ly/2QXmsK2

Mary Smith 5647 Jul 23, 2019

TRANSBANG’S A SCAM! UNTRUSTRED AND LIAR THIEVES! FOR YOUR OWN GOOD USE TENSO JAPAN OR JP DELIVER INSTEAD!
    First, they decided to RANDOMLY CHANGE the Customs declaration I SPECIFICALLY AND EXPRESSLY provided without even telling me beforehand - I found out by the Customs of my country ITSELF what they did -, which made my parcel be rejected by them and returned. I was needing it urgently and I paid much more to have it shipped via EMS, totally in vain. They did absolutely nothing about that and just preferred to stop answering my messages.
    They use the AWFULEST system I’ve ever seen, HORRIBLY translated to English, CONFUSING AND TOTALLY INCONVENIENT, PURPOSELY SO YOU MAKE MORE MISTAKES AND THEY CAN GET MORE MONEY FROM YOU. Because they sent a WRONG payment request, I was obliged to pay AN EXTRA REPACKING FEE and they didn’t do anything about that either.
    To top it off, I had to pay a fee for ADDITIONAL REINFORCEMENT which is an optional service that I didn’t request. After several messages and spending much of my energy and time INSISTING I DIDN’T REQUEST IT and they basically saying I was LYING, they then told me that it was another "mistake" and that yes, I was telling the truth?!
    I’ve used Tenso JAPAN, Jp Deliver, MANY mail forwarders in the U.S. and in Europe for MANY years and never faced such dishonest behavior from any of them.
    Be aware: they’ll try to get as much as money as possible from you! They’ll lie and say you requested services you didn’t and will then ignore your messages! DON’T USE THEIR SERVICES!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices