My Time RewardsUnethical behaviour

L Sep 14, 2016 Review updated:

I was shopping online with Simply Be clothing shop, as a first time buyer. I paid and everything was fine, a box appeared saying to get £15 off your next purchase, click here. I did so, and it said that we need your credit card details, which is the point I should have suspected something. However, I am not gullible and i suspect many other people would do the same. It was only after they had my card details did they say who they were - My time rewards. I knew nothing about them and certainly did not want to pay them £10 a month for whatever they offer. As soon as i realised, i phoned Barclaycard to stop this company taking my money, and they told me it would be better to cancel my card, which is what i did. I wrote to Simply Be, who host this company, but all they said was clear and i should have contact ed My time rewards to cancel. I did not trust them, so i did not want to do that. It is not direct fraud, but it is very close to it.

• C
      Sep 15, 2016

Hello Lucy:

I will be happy to assist you. I found a membership record that I believe is yours but it is a Complete Savings membership record, not a My Time Rewards membership. Please contact me directly so that I can confirm your membership record and assist you. I can be reached at [protected]@completesavings.co.uk.

The only way to become a member is to enter your details in full on the Complete Savings sign-up page. The details required are: your name, your email address (twice), your postal address, and your credit or debit card details for the monthly billing. It is mentioned in several places on the sign-up page that following 30 days free membership, there is a monthly fee - hence why you are required to provide your credit/debit card details on the sign-up page. To complete your sign-up, you must click a "Yes" button to agree to the terms and conditions of the programme. There is no other way of creating a membership but to provide your details in full and click the "YES" button on the sign-up page.

I hope you contact me directly soon so I can confirm your membership record is cancelled as you wish and resolve your query to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,