Music 123What is wrong with this company?

P

I ordered a group of 3 clarinet reeds five days ago, Wednesday March 21, from Music 123 (www.music123.com). I received an email saying the order has been processed and there were no backorders listed. There is something wrong with the way the reed strengths are listed in their computer system that turns "3.5" into "35" and "3.75" into "3." I called them up to make sure they got my order right. They did.

I paid via Paypal, so I expected to wait a couple of days before that would be processed. I called 2 days later and they said that they had received the money, and that the information would be sent to the shipping department. I checked that night and my online account still said "waiting for payment."

The next day (this is now Friday), I called again, but no one was in the shipping department because they had already gone home; I called 10 minutes before their offices closed. They said that someone would get right on it Monday (today). At this point I am pulling my hair because I had already begun rehearsing a musical every day, which is why I decided to buy the reeds in the first place.

Come 3:45 pm today, the website still said "waiting for payment." I called again...this time they actually did something and the shipping department processed my order. It is now 11:00pm and I check the website to see if they had been shipped yet. The website says they are all backordered, whereas the original email I received from them claimed they where not. I immediately check my email to receive a new email from Music 123 saying they shipped 2 of the reeds I ordered. What about the third reed? Is it backordered? Are they all backordered? Did I just lose $50? What is wrong with this company???

marina marchetti Jun 27, 2012

I bought a instrument online. Payed u$ 2.300, 00 via western union, i never got the product and they don't send my money back. It has been a process for almost 2 years.

ChrisM123 Jun 27, 2012

Hello,

My name is Chris and I work for Music 123. We are definitely not in the business of taking people's money and not delivering the product ordered. Please email me your order details to [email protected] and I will look into this for you.

Sincerely,
    Chris M.
    Music 123 Customer Support

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices