Menu
Home Entertainment MovieTickets.com fraudulent gift card practices

MovieTickets.com  -  fraudulent gift card practices

A
Author of the complaint
6:18 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased MovieTickets.com gift cards, the terms for which explicitly state that they may be used at MovieTickets.com to purchase tickets at any participating theater. However, when I attempted to use my gift cards as my method of payment to purchase two tickets via AT&Ts Ticket Twosdays promotion at MovieTickets.com, I was unable to do so. I called MovieTickets.com customer service and was promptly told that I could not use these gift cards to purchase tickets sold in conjunction with the AT&T promotion. This information is not provided in ANY of the disclosures on MovieTickets.com, the gift card itself, or at the gift card point of sale. Under 12 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) 205.20(c) "disclosures ... must be clear and conspicuous" and furthermore, must be displayed on the card or packaging provided with the card. Thus, MovieTickets.com failure to accept the gift card for the aforementioned purchase is a direct violation of 12 CFR 205.20. It seems they learned nothing from the previous class action lawsuit against them pertaining to their alleged attempt to defraud customers. I am now stuck with $100 in gift cards that I am unable to use for their intended purpose. Calls and emails to MovieTickets.com have gone unanswered.

View 0 more photos