Menu
MovieTickets.com
reviews & complaints

MovieTickets.com
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

16 complaints
3 resolved 13 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of MovieTickets.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
1:35 pm

MovieTickets.com - Gift Card Redemption SOLUTION!!

I am posting this here after much aggravation trying to redeem MovieTickets.com gift cards.

Fandango is no help at all. The online instructions are no help at all. The prompts on the MovieTickets.com website when you select “Redeem” GC ARE THE PROBLEM!

SOLUTION:

Go to MovieTickets.com

DO NOT LOG INTO FANDANGO

Select movie tickets

CHECK OUT AS GUEST (AGAIN - DO NOT LOG INTO FANDANGO)

Apply your GIFT CARD(S)

Enjoy the show!

Desired outcome: Please post this to help other people since neither MovieTickets.com nor Fandango will!!

Read full review of MovieTickets.com

I figured it out myself - MovieTickets.com and Fandango have unclear and incorrect redemption instructions.

1 comment
Jun 16, 2022 12:54 am

I received a gift card from family member who bought 4 gift cards from Sam's club 2 years ago and when I tried to redeem one of them error message saying code is not valid on movietickets.com. All 4 cards say that. The phone number is no longer valid and to call fandango which they are no help. Such a scam. You low life should be a shame of yourselves in selling gift cards for movies and they don't work and customer service won't help, SHAME ON YOU

H
5:51 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband bought me two movietickets.com gift cards from Walgreens in December for Christmas. They are worthless!!! In order to use them you have to sign up through the website. However, the website states that "this service is not available at this time". So, I called to complain and you can't talk to a real person. Instead you get a recording that say...

9:59 am

MovieTickets.com - tickets

On 4/18 I purchased 2 tickets for selected time and date of 4/19 at 10:20pm. When I got the receipt it was for 4/18 at 10pm. When I tried to contact customer service about their error I was just told my money could not be refunded or ticket time exchanged! This is outrageous that you let this happen to hard working people! Some people can't afford to just throw money away! Shame on you.

4:57 pm

MovieTickets.com - customer service

I got caught up in the hype of ordering tickets for Avengers Endgame on opening day. I was logged into my account and had purchase the tickets and the seats i wanted in the theater by my house. After the transaction went thru on the confirmation page the theater location changed to a state 3 and half hours away. I know that on that particular day Endgame was causing all kinds of issues. I contacted MovieTickets.com right away via email and they got back with an auto-generated response about not issuing a refund. So I explained the situation again and let them know that it was a computer glitch. I was told no refund will be given. I have reached out multiple times and left on hold for what seemed like an eternity. I will never use this movie ticket service again. that was a 30 dollar learning experience.

1:41 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After waiting over 20 minutes to talk with a customer service rep, the person I connected with was EXTREMELY rude. Not only did they fail to listen to what I was saying (mishearing, putting words in my mouth, etc.), but when I asked to speak to a manager concerning their rude behavior, they HUNG UP ON ME. This was one of the WORST interactions I've had with...

C
5:00 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I inadvertently selected the wrong date today instead of tomorrow when buying tickets for my visiting family to go to a movie together. I immediately realized my mistake when I received the confirmation email and called movietickets.com within 10 minutes of my purchase. The customer service rep's response was "read the refund policy in your confirmation...

R
6:45 pm

MovieTickets.com - ordering tickets online

I ordered 3 tickets on line. I have a rewards card that eliminates the convenience charge when ordering tickets, on this particular day it was not working so I sent an email to customer service got a response
From a D. Dyer " sorry for the inconvenience" no mention of the fee or refund by Dyer.
Appreciate the lengths you went to D. Dyer to provide customer service, sorry for the inconvenience of asking you to do your job.

2:34 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MovieTickets.com - website

The website is constantly/chronically down. Every time I have attempted to purchase tickets online (how about making it possible to use these Costco purchased gift cards at the ticket window?), the website either doesn't load (error 504) or loads then freezes before I can purchase tickets. This happens every single time ever since I purchased the gift cards a year ago. I have a stack of unused gift cards because its not worth the frustration trying to purchase tickets online.

4:42 pm

MovieTickets.com - service sucks. never received tickets or confirmation - no refund either

I purchased ticket using movie tickets.com and it tole me to redeem ticket using redemption code at theater.
Hoever at theater they didn't recgnize redemption code and asked for confirmation #. I never received confirmation email - checked inbox, spam etc.

As a result, I eneded up buying ticket at theter as show had started. I tried calling and resolve issue before purchasing ticket again but I was on quite hold for 5 minutes. I hung up and bought ticket.

I expect this ticket to be refunded.. It was purchased using gift card and I expect refund using gift card.

I was told to go to thetar which is 15 miles away.. I don't plan to water another movie in next week or two week.

This is no fault of mine and this should be refunded

Thanks

2:26 pm

MovieTickets.com - hidden charges, website problems abound

This is one of the worst services imaginable, to say nothing of the hidden “convenience” charges that Costco doesn't disclose. It took me an hour to order two movie tickets because of bugs in the ordering protocol. I probably entered my discount card number 10 times before my order was eventually accepted and confirmed. Whatever paltry amount one saves once the service charge is added hardly makes the hassle worth it. And, forget calling customer service. I tried three times; the phone rings a half-dozen times and then goes dead. Perhaps not a total scam, but a total rip-off unless your time and emotional well-being have zero value.

J
5:25 am

MovieTickets.com - extra charges

I have purchased two tickets and they charged me for three! MovieTickets customer service was the worst ever, they were rude to me and refused to refund my money. I must say that these guys knew that everything was only their fault but they did not want to do anything about that. I will tell everyone I know about my terrible experience with MovieTickets! And when I finally received my tickets there were only two! They charged me for three tickets and gave me two. What a terrible scam!

A
1:33 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased MovieTickets.com gift cards, the terms for which explicitly state that they may be used at MovieTickets.com to purchase tickets at any participating theater. However, when I attempted to use my gift cards as my method of payment to purchase two tickets via AT&Ts Ticket Twosdays promotion at MovieTickets.com, I was unable to do so. I called...

View 0 more photos
5:15 am

MovieTickets.com - tickets

I've ordered two tickets from www.movietickets.com and when I was about to finish something went wrong and I got a server error message.
The same moment I received a notification message from my bank stating my card was charged (I always get notifications when I'm using my card). So despite that I got an error screen I did pay for the tickets, but never got them.
Customer service claimed they never got the payment and said that I need to contact my bank. I called the bank representative and he said that payment successfully went through and MovieTickets got the money.
Even though I had all the proofs MovieTickets continued to tell they did not receive the money.

3:03 pm

MovieTickets.com - aggressive spam with no unsubscribe

I received MULTIPLE emails from this company having NEVER used there service before OR signed up on there website.
It's 2014, and movietickets.com makes you fill out a 13-POINT SURVEY in order do unsubscribe.

They are BLAST SPAMMING PEOPLE ON A REGULAR BASIS AND THERE IS NO ONE-CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE.

Absolutely and utterly unacceptable.

Their customer service is ridiculous as well - I tried to resolve the problem to no avail.

8:26 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to 'movietickets.com' to buy tickets for a film online. Apparently, something popped up that I clicked by mistake which gave my bank account to two ripoff companies called 'Shopper Discounts' and 'Reservation Rewards'. These bad boys have been debiting $12.00 per month EACH (Total of $24.00 per month) from my account without my knowledge or...

10:34 pm

MovieTickets.com - mc-reservationrewards 800-7327031

I just bought two movie tickets online. The Cinerama, movie theater's website transferred to "movietickets.com" so I just bought tickets. After that, they charge $12.00 every month to my debit card.
They claim that I somehow joined a paid membership club with a $12 monthly membership charge. The website may had very small lines for this membership, but there was no selection botton of "yes" or "no" to join the membership.
After called and complaint, they said that they are going to credit back the charges in few days.
Anyway This is FRAUD.

1 comment
May 25, 2011 10:33 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

hi, what`s up? everything is great.

MovieTickets.com contacts

Phone number

+1 888 440 8457

Most discussed MovieTickets.com complaints

Gift Card Redemption SOLUTION!!
(posts on this topic)