Merrick Bankscam and lies

I have had a credit card with Merrick Bank for over a year - I have never been late. My company closed and the company I worked for owed me over a month's pay. This company started calling me yesterday (Cardholder Mana, my caller id shows they called 5 times today and it won't register how many yesterday (because they called 5 today and it only goes back to the last 10 calls). They are labeled Cardholder Mana... now, I have never talked to them (because I didn't know who they were) and they have never left a message... I talked to them today and they told me that I was 9 days late but that I was being reported as 60 days late. I am not. They are going by my last pay date, which was early and even if it wasn't as of tomorrow - it still wouldn't be 60 days (the date due is being listed as of 8/07/08). Would anyone out there really believe that if I was 60 days late they would wait until yesterday to call for a credit card payment?

• Re
    Reviewer60195 Nov 20, 2018

I received a credit card application from Merrick Bank in Utah and I don't believe they exist !!!

• To
    tomvan Oct 24, 2019

Merrick Bank is a total scam. It is not a real credit card offer.

• De
    debtfreesoon Nov 03, 2019

They are real but not the best choice in choosing a card.
    I've had one for years but I got my card at a time I was rebuilding credit. Some 20 years later I have very good credit - have always paid all my bills on time - but for some reason, that is not rewarded by Merrick.
    Interest rates continually increase and their fees and procedures are excessive compared to other banks. My opinion - avoid at all costs.