Menardsblackmail and extortion

I use to work for Menards. I gave up three years of my life that I will never get back. This is one of the worst companys to work for and this is why.. During the time that I worked there my lunch breaks were always cut short because of under staffing. My days off were taken away where I would have to work 12 days in a row for months at end. My family and friend life was gone after the first year. My store manager Blackmailed me in to my management spot because he did want to look bad with a manager stepping down to a carrie out just to get out of his store. Thats how badly I wanted out. I was willing to be a carrie out/cart pusher just to leave that store. Which sucks by the way. Who wants to go to work everyday knowing that your store manager is blackmailing you? I watched so many good employee quit or step down because they couldn't take the emotional abuse anymore. All in all I'll never shop there again. I'm working on starting a boycott aganist the Menards Mafia for there extortion, blackmail, fraud and most of all there illegally disposing of hazardous ash. If you want to join in feel free to email me. Thanks and god bless

• Di
    Dingle Bogardus Apr 01, 2011

It sounds like the problem was with a specific manager rather than the company itself. Did you ever call the AWARE hotline about it? The number is on the back of the badges.

The issue with the disposal of treated lumber was dealt with long ago. In fact today the lumber is treated using a different process and I doubt that it would be illegal for Big John to burn scrap from the new treated lumber and set the ash out with the garbage even if he wanted to.