Mega MovingOvercharge/Missing Items

A

These movers are associated with DESTINATION MOVERS. Max, Ruben, get it together. You have ripped off so many. When our items arrived, boxes were opened and retaped - one they didn't even bother taping.. hmm it was a BOSE box. Imagine that. Some things they didn't even put back in boxes. About 20% of our belongins was missing! Most of which are the expensive ones-PLUS my office files!!Obvious things were missing too, large items like bicycles.

*********If you receive anything that does not belong to you, or if you are missing your items PLEASE POST THEM HERE SO WE CAN FIND OWNERS OF ITEMS THAT WERE GIVEN TO US THAT DO NOT BELONG TO US. It is very sad to lose pictures and other things that cannot be traced or owners cannot be located.

These guys came to pick up my belongings before the agreed date/time and then when things were loaded charged me hundreds more than the quote. He was rude and had no class. When I called the company to complain I was left on hold over and over again, and one time I was on hold for 45 minutes before I finally hung up!

When I looked into them closer I realized that they had just been licensed and were already getting complaints. I called and emailed to file a claim but am receiving no response. What's up with that Mega? Marcella seemed to be a nice person but if she is they are not allowing her to respond to the customers. So Max-Ruben, how long have you been ripping off your clients?

They have charged others thousands more and stolen a great deal of things. Isn't taking our money enough? You have to go shopping in our things too? What's up with that?

DO NOT HIRE MEGA MOVERS, they will overcharge you and steal from you. If you call them you will be either berated or you will never be able to talk to anyone.

Offices:

Email: [protected]@megamoving.net
Website: MegaMoving.net

• Ki
    kim kirby Nov 16, 2008

what can I say... 12 hours late then they tell me around midnight that they might come tomorrow after I explicitly said I was on a dire deadline. No one in the company speaks english after 9-5 and they sent a driver and a non employee "friend" who looked like a transient. They cost me a 400 dollar flight and were terribly unhelpful in every conceivable way. In the end I fired them because the "friend" looked stoned and I was very afraid they would break my stuff out of spite for my reprimanding them for making me miss my flight. They were slamming my boxes about in the nastiest way.

• A.Guy.From.London Nov 16, 2008

I'm not sure how they can get away with charging more than what they quoted. If it had been an estimate then yes, they're free to go over as much as they want. But a quote, is something they need to stick by.

That non-employee friend was probably some crackhead they ordered from the local Labour Ready.

As for photos being lost. It's always a good idea to pack the important small stuff like that with you in your car or luggage and take it with you. Video games, DVD's and other crap like that can always be replaced, but photos, obviously not.

• Ro
    Rod Ricciardi Nov 24, 2008

We used Meag Moving----------What a scam artist! They were dishonest not to mention careless with our merchandise. The original agreed upon price was not honored. They never made an attempt to make the damaged merchandise situation any better. Their customer service is non-exsistant. Will keep you on hold for great lengths without resolution. Max is a total scam and rip-off artist.
    Richard Ricardy

Andrea Dec 02, 2008

There needs to be something done ab0ut this company and fast. I have learned that their Destination movers name is going out of business come December 31st 2008 which leaves those of us who have been scammed by them under that name screwed. I'm missing over $1800 worth of belongings since My boyfriend and i hired them on may 29th 2008 we asked them to start shipping September 29th 2008 and didn't receive anything until October 23rd 2008 and again missing over half of my belongings. They loured us in with a supposed "binding estimate" of $1000.03 which they bumped up to $1500.00 and claimed it was because we didn't pay them for monthly storage. How were we suppose to know we were suppose to send them monthly payments of $100 or there would be late fees. We figured they charged us $200 just in late fees. 4 months in storage 1 month of that was free we should have only paid them $1300.00. Just like the person who posted this I had the same situation. My situation was I was being evicted and had to move out in the two day period the apartments allowed and wasn't able to research the company until I got to my final destination.

These are the missing items:

These fallowing four items were in one box and every box i had was labeled with my shipping address on it.

-Dell Desktop computer(including mouse, keyboard, tower, monitor, speakers) - This item is important because it has a lot of vital information on it not to mention it has personal pictures of me and my family on it.

-13in TV- was given to me when I was 10 years old by my dad for Xmas.

-Comcast cable box- now we owe comcast $400 to replace the box.

- Cordless telephone.
    -----------------------------------------other items include---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Single four drawer wood dresser- cost me $120 and i bought it only a month before we moved.

-Plastic Xmas tree

-Electric four cup coffee maker

-Electric can opener

- Floor lamp

-small laundry basket

-Kitchen trash can

-love seat

-Twin mattress and box spring.

-1 circular lounge chair( the other I did receive was damaged to the point it cant be fixed.

-Sheets used as cushion to the box with computer etc..

-Electric Foreman grill.

- box full of my good dishes.

- box full of books

Our queen mattress we had received was torn up at the edges and was covered in dust and leaves. The box spring to it doesn't act as sturdy as it did when we bought it 4 months before we moved.

I'm just so angry to think these people have gotten away with this and my trust in any moving company have completely went out the window. I think i am more ashamed of myself because i had that bad gut feeling about this company from the moment i hired them and being limited in time i wasn't allowed to act out on my feeling.

Please contact me at [protected] or [protected]@yahoo.com because i have more information for you.

Andrea Carlson.

Unbelievable Feb 16, 2009

Same here, when I scheduled my move I told them that I had a very tight deadline and they sounded very understandable of my situation, I was scheduled to move on a Saturday at 9:00 AM, the driver called me at 11:00 AM to say that that he will be there at 7:00 PM, then he called me later to say that it was either 9:00 PM or Sunday 8:00 AM, after settling form Sunday he never called me back, I called him back several times but he never answered. On a desperation mode I called the main office to complaint; first the receptionist asked me I ever worked with a moving company, I don’t know what she meant? Finally after being put on hold several times I was able to speak with a supervisor who told me that if I post a public complaint about the move they would charge my credit card.

• Co
    Colleen Feb 24, 2009

I too have been scammed by this company. I checked out several with BBB and this one had the best rating, I am very disappointed and frustrated with the entire situation. I am filing a claim for the missing/damaged items. Plus I am contacting the BBB and the Attorney general. I also plan on pursing this with any other government agency that will hear me out. I may not get my money back, but I will try to prevent this company from taking advantage of others. I urge all of you to contact the BBB, plus you always have small claims court. Found out through and attorney that a binding estimate cannot be changed without prior notification --- -not after they load the truck.

• Dd
    ddbx524 Mar 02, 2009

I cannot express to you all enough how horrible my experience was with this company today. We were given an estimate by Baron one of their sales associates for $1138. We were crystal clear when we spoke to him and told him that since we have had very bad experiences in the past with moving companies - we wanted to make sure that our quote would not go up with 'hidden costs'. We were promised that this was not the case - and that the ONLY way we would be charged extra would be if we took up extra room in the truck - which we were fine with.

Today they came here - packed up all of our stuff - and then tried to charge us $640 for wrapping our glass and furniture in blankets!! We provided them with extra boxes - and included in my quote were 6 free medium boxes which I never received - however they tried to charge me for a wardrobe box which I never needed or requested. All of our things were packed and ready for the movers (aside from being wrapped in blankets which is their responsiblity) - we even took the beds apart for them before they got here!! The driver Isaac ran down a list of 'supplies' that we were being charged for - which made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    We then spoke to Ray and Sam on the phone. While I was speaking to Sam (the supposed 'supervisor') - I politely asked him if I could please finish my sentences because he would not let me speak - then I asked him very nicely to please stop yelling at me and treating me the way that he was because #1 I was the Customer #2 I am a woman and #3 I am 4 months pregnant - and he kept on going. He then responded to me by telling me to put my husband on the phone so he could yell at him instead of me - instead of just speaking to me like a human being and a responsible supervisor. The driver Isaac proceeded to speak in another language to Sam and Ray on the phone so that we would not understand what was going on.

I have never been treated this way by any company - and I urge all of you who read this not to do business with Mega Moving. They still have my belongings and I fear (after reading your posts) that they will be damaged or lost. We even told them that we would take our things back and were told that he would keep our deposit - and since we could not risk that we had to let them. I am going to contact the BBB, news stations, etc etc etc in order to try to put a stop to this Company. This is obviously not the first time that they have done this and I only hope that my post deters the next customer from dealing with Mega Moving.

• Ex
    Exquisite Mar 08, 2009

I am one of the latest victims of Mega Moving and Storage. My husband and I moved from Georgia to New York and we also had a very tight deadline. They did not arrive on the scheduled date or time and they took two weeks to deliver our things when they told us it would only take 3 to 5 days. They tried to TRIPLE CHARGE but ended up DOUBLE CHARGING US!!! When our things came the boxes were severely tattered, as though they had been moved around several times. Thing were missing and a lot of our posessions were damaged or blemished. The receptionist, Yvonne and the "manager" that I spoke to (Samuel) were so nice prior to us booking the move. Once the move was booked and they had our things. they were short, abrupt and at times, down right rude! Samuel even told me at one point that I was "ungrateful for all that he had done for us." I am so disgusted. This was a traumatizing experience. My husband and I were even scared that they would hold our possessions because we refused to pay them the TRIPLE that they asked for. They are con artists and they have absolutely no conscience. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. After reading the numerous complaints, I am thinking that a class action law suit may be in order. In the meantime, I am also going to file a complain with the BBB and the Consumer Protection Agency. If anybody is interested in some kind of joint lawsuit, please contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com. I have never done something like this and I am not sure where to start, but considering how many people they have ripped off, I am willing to learn and go through the process.

Anger Customer Mar 26, 2009

I am another victim of Mega Moving and Storage. I will not go into details on my experience as it relates to the experience that many of you have already shared...over charged, late pick-up and delivery and damaged items! I have contacted the above person at the email provided so we can move forward in filing a joint lawsuit. I high recommend for everyone that has received bad service from this company to please participate in this lawsuit. Mega Moving and Storage DOES NOT need to be in business!!!

• Rb
    R. Bidlack Mar 27, 2009

It doesn't look like there is a need to post anymore bad reviews but I am.

I was one of the more fortunate victims. My daughters things did arrive in California from Maryland but not without the same illegal practices that others have complained about.

When I called after 8 days to see if I could pay for the delivery with my credit card, I was told that my delivery charge would be $1400.00 and not the $995.00 that was on my so called "binding estimate" that was "guaranteed" by Mega Moving & Storage.

I was told that the paper I had meant nothing. I was then put on hold as Sam and Ray took turns playing good guy bad guy roles for about an hour. In the end when I kept refusing to pay the increase they both ended up yelling at me and saying things like, "You mean you don't have $400 more?" and "You mean your daughter's husband is in the Military and he can't even afford to pay for her move?" Or there was "I will return your things to Maryland and leave them in some locker". He shouted even louder when I agreed to having my things returned. The things they said were not only rude but none of their business and sounded even worse when being shouted in a berating way. In the end he took away the Military discount and I agreed to pay $100 more.

Yes, don't give a military discount to the people who keep your freedom to enter our country and rip us off.

The delivery people didn't honor the "binding estimate" either and refused to take the furniture and boxes into the apartment without an additional charge of $75 which my daughter and her husband didn't have. Thankfully, my son in law offered to help them carry everything in and they ended up with all their things inside.

So I was one of the luckier ones. I did worry terribly for days with my stomach in knots as to whether or not her things would arrive damaged missing or if they would arrive at all!

Mega Moving & Storage is run by Israeli extortionist and thieves. This is one of the reasons American's feel hostile towards foreigners living in this country. They come here to rip off Americans.

I feel horrible to all the victims of this company. We trusted this company to move EVERYTHING that we own! They understood it's importance and used it as leverage to extort more money from us! They are criminals! DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!!

unhappymover May 06, 2009

This is by far the biggest reality nightmare I have ever gone through. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They blatantly lied about pick up and delivery, they lost part of my furniture, damaged the rest, and came in $1200 over what they initially quoted. They also charge you a "walking fee" to move your furniture just down a hallway. BEWARE!!! I think we should start a class action suit. They were nasty and told me if I asked again when my furniture would be delivered, they would "accidently" miss putting it on the truck and deliver it 3 weeks later. It was a complete mess and this company has engaged in fraudulent misrepresentation, fraud, breach of contract, and blackmail!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Pay the extra money and hire a legitimate company.

• Ke
    kelly May 13, 2009

This is the worst nightmare since "Nightmare on Elmstreet" Just to say a few nice things about them...THEY SHOWED UP... Thats it. They did not inventory my stuff when they got there, kinda like a checklist. I was going from New York (LONGISLAND) to Dallas Texas. I could have safed myself and my family inconvience, time, money by carring it on my back the whole entire way. Overcharged is an understatement. Maria at Mega Moving told me my quote and E-mailed it to me. When my stuff was delivered they charged me double again. I want to know who is with me...i'm going to 20/20 and doing a big television show on MOVING COMPANIES I would like to see them go down...

[protected]@Yahoo.com

• Vi
    victimofmegamovers May 27, 2009

Please do not use Mega Movers. They are utterly dishonest and should be sent to jail . Ryan, the manager, Kim the office asst. and the Urkrainian Driver are all folks who should be in jail.

• Sm
    Smuggy Jun 01, 2009

Megamoving people are organized criminals, professional theives and blackmailers.

I used them for my move and they quoted 1200 to which I agreed - they were extremely nice.

They did not show up on the day of the move - the reason being that they want ppl to be in a situation from where they have no chance. Once they picked up my stuff the next day - once all the stuff was loaded in the truck and ready to go - they charged me 300 for packing labor and supplies. They used 3 boxes and some some blankets. I had already packed my stuff. They asked me to call the person who gave me a BINDING PRICE.

I let the truck go and called megamoving next day - the lady (KIM) that was really nice was not nice anymore. She was rude and transferred me to a manager. The manager (Sam/Samuel) was equally rude and here's where the game starts.

They said if I don't pay 1500 they will leave my stuff somewhere in the state from where I have to pick it up. I said - you gave me a binding price, how can you do this. Megamoving said - Do you want your stuff or not?

DO NOT USE THESE GUYS. ONCE THE DEAL IS SIGNED AND THEY PICKUP YOUR STUFF - YOU WON'T BE DEALING WITH THE SAME GUYS. IT WILL BE A NEW AND RUDE PERSON EACH TIME.

I swear to god to use U-Haul next time and plan my move properly. Megamoving sucks, save yourself of the harrasment. My most stupid decision ever.

• Sm
    Smuggy Jun 01, 2009

The scam artists and blackmilers list from mega moving - Kim, Maria, Samuel, Aiduk (I don't know how to spell the name of the ukraniam/middle eastern driver).

They are professional blackmailers. Stay away for your own good.

• Ih
    I hate mega movers Jun 18, 2009

I agree with everything said in this thread. In addition to over charging me, they also stole my 40 inch plasma TV, and damaged many of my things. In retrospect, I would have gladly paid thousands more for the privilege of never having to speak to or do business with these despicable criminals.

• Su
    SuperVepr Jun 18, 2009

That's some dirty pool right there.

Chet Roberson Jun 25, 2009

PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF GRIEF, DO NOT USE THIS NO GOOD SCAM ARTIST. THEY LIE, ARE LATE, AND CHANGE THE QUOTE (ILLIGALLY, I AM TOLD).
    THIS OUTFIT PREVIOUSLY HAD TO CHANGE THEIR NAME AND MAY HAVE TO AGAIN. WORST MOVING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD. DO NOT USE THEM, THEY ARE A BIG CON.

unhappymover Jun 30, 2009

We all need to not just sit around and take this CRAP from this company. I am going to start a class action lawsuit. If you are interested in joining, contact me at disability.[protected]@yahoo.com. I am going to try to find an attorney down in Miami to take on the case.

• Ri
    ritaa Jul 02, 2009

Hi, All...

Unfortunately i'm one of the new victims of this company too!...I hope I could read this before I chose this company. They picked up our stuff 11 days ago, and they still didn't deliver yet!!!

They promised to deliver in 3-5 days. And they charged us $1200 more than original quote. They showed up one day earlier, so their excuse is that I didn't give them updated list. I was so busy packing up just to catch their earlier picking up date.

They already charged us 70% deposite. Good part is that I gave them check. Any one can give me any suggestion that if I can cancel this check? We don't have any expensive stuff. Totally maybe just worth $1000. I prefer to lose all my stuff now. Because if like what you guys said, even they arrive, I may get lost or damaged funiture. What's the point to wait for them?

Any one can give me some advie, what can I do right now? Thanks!

• Di
    DisgustedKellyAnn Jul 09, 2009

I'm also a latest victim...much of the same, double-priced, late pick up, late delivery, attempted to say the truck wouldn't fit on my street so I'd have to pay for a smaller one, damaged everything including a scratch on my Sony bigscreen tv SCREEN, missing Chase lounge.
    IF ONLY I READ THESE POSTS PRIOR TO OUR 'ARRANGEMENT.'
    This company is disgusting.

As for your question above "ritta', you will defintely not get your stuff until the check clears.

I've learned a big lesson here.

MAX!!! I'd spit on you if I could.

AngerlikeMarvinSanger Jul 15, 2009

Ritaa,
    Just as Karen said, if you cancel your check you will never get your stuff, but you might be better off than paying double for your goods. I seriously doubt you will face any legal ramifications from these guys because they would be afraid their prior dealings would catch up with them. You would also be better off because you could avoid the nightmare of dealing with these ###. I dealt with them when they were Destination Movers and it took a month to get our stuff, not to mention hours on the phone either on hold or arguing with some of the worst people on Earth. I almost had to start medication for the grief.

• On
    Onaf Jul 19, 2009

This is the worst experience ever!! The worst customer service imaginable (or lack there of). These guys came 2 days late in picking up, but promised to deliver from NC to Philadelphia, in 3 days, since I was starting work soon thereafter. First of all, we were quoted $900, but after packing into their truck, this went up to $2400! And after leaving with our stuff, they were gone! Of the day of delivery, I called the driver more than 10 times, without picking up. He eventually called me and said he was downstairs my apartment building at about 1am. I went downstairs and waited for about 30 mins. And of course he did not show up and stopped picking up my calls altogether. I called the office the next day and explained that I had all my medical records with them and that I could not start work without them. They promised to deliver 3 days later. Needless to say, they promised me 4-5 more times but failed. At some point, they simply put me on hold for 20 mins and then hang up abruptly. They eventually delivered 3 weeks later. And I found that my 5o" samsung plamsa TV is missing!!! And all they tell me is file a report. Now I've found out the driver lead me into signing a limited liability insurance that only covers 60 cents per pound of missing item I guess that TV costs. Go figure!
    This is a big scam. And I fell for it big time. Please do not ever patronize this company and make sure to inform your friends about them. If your belong to a social website, make sure to expose their scam.

• Ri
    ritaa Jul 19, 2009

Here is the update information.

They finally came on 11th of July, which was 22 days after they picked up, instead of 3-5 days that they promised.

The deliver driver charged us $300 more, and if we didn't pay for it, they would just leave all our things on the floor out of the truck. So we totally paid $2780 for this moving, instead of $1200 as quoted. For the $300 more charge, the driver's excuse is that he has nothing to do with the company, he was just subcontracted. He doesn't care our previous quote.
    ;
    Here is the breakdown of our $2780:
    $1200 quoted
    + $1050 additional weight (they showed up one day earlier, so I didn't have time to give them updated list.)
    +$155 packing material fee
    +$75 long carry in the picking-up place (their truck couldn't get closer to the building door. But I saw other even bigger trucks did before.)
    -$150 discount ("thanks" to Max)
    +$300 deliver guys charged us for stairs, which was writted very very clearly in the quote that it was waived. But the deliver guys denied the quote.

They only assembled the bed. They didn't assemble other furnitures as they promised in the quote. Some pieces of one computer desk were gone, which makes the computer desk useless.

• Re
    Regular Customer Aug 13, 2009

Here's my list about Mega Movers...

1. At the pickup, the foreman (head mover) did not have a copy of my estimate. He had no indication whatsoever of what my items were and what the office had estimated until I showed him my paperwork.

2. After loading, the foreman gave me a total cost that was 700 dollars higher than the estimate generated over the phone. I knew I had a few more boxes than planned, but such a discrepancy suggests to me that they did a poor job estimating. I was as straightforward and honest as possible about my belongings—bed, futon, boxes. They charge an inflated rate for additional space in the truck, so maybe they prefer to underestimate by phone.

3. All three movers used my restroom.

4. On the itemized receipt the foreman generated, he had scribbled illegible notes to indicate ‘chipped’ ‘cracked’ and ‘scratched’ on ALL of my items. He did not draw my attention to this at any point. Yet my bed and futon were 100% new. They had just effectively covered themselves for damaged property at delivery.

5. I was told I can use a credit card at the pickup (not delivery), and this was stated clearly in my online confirmation. Their policy is to allow credit card payment on pickup with a small fee. But to my surprise, the driver would not take a credit card, so I was forced to use a personal check, which they are not even supposed to accept.

6. I did not hear anything for three weeks, and nobody returned my email. I started calling the office, and was put on hold 4 times for a total of 30 minutes before I spoke with somebody who was rather annoyed at my request to know when I might expect my furniture in Pasadena. They were “searching” for it.

7. I was told me that they “located” my stuff at their New Jersey warehouse and it would be on the way soon.

8. At the outset, I had confirmed that I would use a bank check at the delivery, and had purchased it from the bank. Their written policy is to allow cashiers checks (such as a bank check) if arranged by a manager. But now, to my surprise again, a manager told me that I could not use the bank check, but had to stick to the usual money order or cash. I reminded the manager of my prior correspondence and emails that show the agreement to use a bank check, but he implied that a manager had not confirmed this. Postal order or no delivery. So I had to mail the bank check back to my state of origin and purchase a postal order.

9. On the day of delivery, exactly one month after pick-up, the driver scheduled to arrive between 11am and 1pm. He called around 11am to tell me he was running late and would be there around 3pm. When the truck arrived at 4pm, the driver opened the truck and informed me that he could not access my order. He would have to deliver somebody else’s order first and then return in 1.5 hours for mine.

10. Mega Movers defines a “flight” of stairs to be EIGHT steps, which I only learned during delivery. The online contract simply says that they will charge 75 dollars for any lifting more than one flight of steps. I live in a second-floor apartment, so I naturally assumed that my flight is ONE flight. Upon delivery, I was informed that I had to pay the 75-dollar fee since I live 15 steps up. There are no turns in this flight: it is just a straight 15 steps.

11. The movers arrived in an 18-wheeler, which could barely fit down my street. Had my neighbor not been home to move his car, the truck would have had to drop my stuff in storage and charge me some 300 dollars extra. I was not informed that they would attempt to deliver in a full-sized truck.

12. The movers could not reassemble my bed and futon. The contract states that they will reassemble all that they disassembled at pick-up. But there were missing screws and the men had no idea how to construct a futon. They had no electric screwdriver, as at pickup. The bed was so poorly done, I had to disassemble again and construct it properly myself.

13. Part of the futon had broken off during transport.

14. I am missing a box filled with electronic goods, such as computer speakers, a radio, and plugs. I received a computer that that did not belong to me, so I returned it to the movers.

• Mr
    Mr. Nice Guy. Sep 01, 2009

Why aren't there any action against these guys? what is the difference between money order and bank check? why are they afraid of taking bank checks, which is equivalent to cash to me?

• Ti
    TinaTheWho Sep 02, 2009

Our moving experience was just like all the others. They showed up a day late to pick up our belongings we were charge $2, 200.00 when our quote was for $1, 400.00 and they showed up at our new home at 11:30pm at night and charged us an extra $70 to move once they got there. Many things were damaged and I could go on forever about all the little things but my main concern is we have someones surfboard that is not ours. I tried to call and let the company know and they were no help. IF YOU ARE MISSING A SURFBOARD PLEASE CONTACT ME SO I CAN ARRANGE FOR YOU TO GET IT BACK. [protected]@yahoo.com if anyone sees a post on another website about someone missing a surfboard please let me know I would like this to get back to the owner. Thank YOu

unhappymover Sep 02, 2009

I encourage everyone to submit a complaint asap to the Better Business Bureau:

• 1u
    1upsetMOMMY Sep 15, 2009

I COULD TYPE FOR DAYS BUT BOTTOM LINE, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY -- THEY ARE SERIOUS CRIMINALS.

*****RUSSIAN MAFIA****

THEY QUOTED $3, 700 AND CHARGED $11, 500. 22 DAYS LATER 70% OF OUR STUFF ARRIVED AND OF THAT ABOUT 30% OF IT WAS BROKEN.

THE ARE SCAM ARTISTS. LIE AT EVERY SINGLE MOMENT. THEY DON'T TAKE CHECKS B/C YOU CAN PLACE A STOP PAYMENT ON THEM BUT TAKE MONEY ORDERS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PLACE A STOP PAYMENT ON THEM.

THEY LIED AND SAID THEIR CREDIT CARD MACHINE WAS BROKEN.

THE MOVERS WHEN THEY GOT HERE LIED AND SAID THEY DIDN'T KNOW EACH OTHER. THEY ARE ALL FROM MIAMI AND PLAY "GOOD COP/BAD COP".

WE HAD WHOLE SOFAS MISSING, LUGGAGE, BOXES, RUGS.

WE HAD 6 TABLES BROKEN, LEATHER SOFAS BROKEN, BEDS DESTROYED, AT LEAST 50 ITEMS BROKEN THAT WERE LABELED IN "FRAGILE" BOXES". THE PICTURES ARE OUTSTANDING IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE THEM.

THEY WILL QUOTE LOW, NOT SHOW UP ON TIME, OVER CHARGE FOR BOXES, WAIT UNTIL EVERYTHING IS LOADED ON THEIR TRUCK AND QUOTE YOU BASED ON WEIGHT ESTIMATES (TOTALLY ILLEGAL TO DO THAT BUT WHAT DO YOU DO AT 4AM N THE MORNING?), PUT YOUR STUFF IN A STORAGE FACILITY FOR 2 WEEKS UNTIL THEY HAVE ENOUGH THINGS ON A TRUCK TO MAKE IT WORTH THEIR TRIP...LIE ABOUT THE ENGINE BREAKING DOWN ON THE TRUCK, NOT ANSWER CALLS, LITERALLY -- AND I MEAN LITERALLY CRAM YOUR STUFF INTO THEIR TRUCK - AND THEN DEMAND CASH UPON DELIVERY OR ELSE (IN FINE PRINT, SMALL...) THEY WILL PUT YOUR STUFF BACK IN STORAGE FOR ANOTHER $400 FEE UNTIL YOU COME UP WITH THE CASH.

Honestly, where is DATELINE NBC when you need them.

It is unbelievably incredible to believe that they people can sleep at night. They do not have souls. These are people's lives they are dealing with.

*****I ENCOURAGE ANYONE WHO HAS HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM TO REPORT THEM TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN TO YOU***

Shame on me for not googling once on these guys.

• Ur
    uruguayita Feb 23, 2011

omg, if i would off seen this before hand, i would off never picked this company to move my stuff, first 3weeks delayed, never a sorry never we'll take care of your extra expenses for the delay. and on top of that they over charged me, and broke alot of stuff. the driver gives you a form to shut you up, because not one thing will be taken care off. there has to be a way to put these people out of business, they can go on ripping people off this way.

my stuff was picked up in toronto and delivered 3 weeks later to mocton.

very upset camper Monica |Magallanes

• De
    Debinano Jun 10, 2016

I agree. Mega movers shouldn't even be on the road. They are bunch of criminals. They are not licensed to move but licensed to steal.

• Mk
    mkeogh Jun 10, 2016

these guys are absolute crooks. I was charged much more than estimated. Cash or money order only. They were sloppy, arrogant, tardy, destructive, dishonest and devoid of any customer service. They damaged important and sentimental items, my safe with numerous documents became missing as well as a very nice stereo system. They lie, cheat, steal and I don't know how they stay in business. This was such a terrible, destructive and unsettling situation for my family that I will not rest until they suffer consequences for their actions. I trusted them and I was severely burned.Attached photos are only a few of the items damaged. Obviously can not take pictures of items stolen