MCIsending account to collections

L

I closed an account on 6/3/08 as the number had been changed. This account was actually a number for my handicap brother who is disabled. He paid part of the bill in July and on August 2 sent the remainder of the balance. In the meantime MCI sent this account to their collections agency, (Solomon & Solomon, PC) and sent it to the credit report agency for the $11.62. MCI never sent us notice that this bill had to be paid in full because it was a closed account.
When I received my first communication on this account on 8/8/08 I contacted Solomon & Solomon PC immediately to see why this account was sent to them. They told me it had been paid in full. OK, I already new that. I asked if this account had been sent to the Credit Bureau Agency and they told me to contact MCI. To make this short I contacted MCI and Solomon & Solomon 11 times in two days and each company kept telling me to contact the other. Neither company would give me the answers to what Credit Bureau. Solomon & Solomon insisted that they never sent accounts to Credit Bureau Agencies and that it was MCI. MCI insisted it was Solomon & Solomon.
This account never should have been sent to collections. I have four other telephone numbers with MCI and they automatically take their payment each month with my credit card. I am so displeased with their service I am taking my business elsewhere.
I still would like to know what Credit Bureau Agency they sent my name and account to.