MB Financial Bankcustomer service

C

On December 20, 2018, at approximately 1:00 p.m., I enter MB Bank at 33 W. Huron in Chicago to deposit a check draft. I work out of the country and needed to transfer money from my bank located outside of the U. S. to my local MB Bank. The clerk who served me refused to accept my draft because it had the name of MB Bank on the check where my name should have been. I attempted to explain to her that the clerk at my overseas bank apparent filled it out incorrectly. She was very rude while telling me that I can include my name on the same line with the MB Bank designation, but "don't do it in front of me, " as if she was directing me to do something illegal. I asked to speak to the manager and she refused, stating that "he will tell you the same thing." I ended up having to go to another MB Bank where I deposited the check draft into my account with no problem. Both my husband and I have home mortgages with MB Bank, but will pay off our mortgages, closing out the checking account, although MB is reportedly merging with another bank, we will never do business with any institution associated with MB.