Massachusetts Health Connector / termination without warning/not following through on files and procedures
I have been utilizing MA health connector since Aug. 2018. They received all of my eligibility requirements (proof of residence, etc.) no problem. Once open enrollment came up, they asked for all of this information again. I faxed over proof, and heard nothing about it since. I assumed everything was fine, and I came up as covered under my health insurance on the portal. Out of nowhere, Feb. 2019, I received a letter stating that I had been terminated for my insurance due to not getting proper proof. I spoke to customer care over and over to finally be assured they had received my proof and would be restarting my insurance. I received another letter in April 2019 stating they were terminating my insurance for no reason. I spoke to the customer care and they assured me this was not a letter they had filed on their end, despite it being in my notifications on the portal, and that I would be ok. I tried to make a doctors apt today and when entering my insurance information, they expressed that it was inactive. I contacted Tufts and they too said it was inactive. I contacted MA health connector who said it was active, and they will send confirmation over to tufts. In the meanwhile, in order to be seen, I will need to pay out of pocket and keep receipts to be reimbursed. I am extremely frustrated with the MA Health Connector, as they appear completely disorganized and have found it impossible to get consistent information. I hate that I have to get insurance through them, and that they are the only option. I want an organized, clear and concise way of obtaining health insurance. Not with all of these run arounds, and they finding out that I'm not even covered when I have been paying all year!!! I don't know where to go from here. I'd love support in finding out what to do next.
More Massachusetts Health Connector Complaints & Reviews
- Massachusetts Health Connector - enrollment/masshealth - a black hole of bureaucracy and frustration
- Massachusetts Health Connector - fraud on my refund check - information needed
- Massachusetts Health Connector - masshealth customer service 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - improper accounting practices 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - the mass health connector cancelled my dental insurance in december 2016 in error. since then, they have still not corrected their issue. 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - customer service sucks, rude, not educated
- Massachusetts Health Connector - cancelled coverage (notated) online, now disappeared!
- Massachusetts Health Connector - long waits / understaffed
- Massachusetts Health Connector - customer service and not getting accurate information 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - unable to make automatic payment because "another active aplication"