Massachusetts Health Connector — having to pay overdue charges when it isn't my fault
I have only had health connector since January and every month my payments have been different. Every time I call each person tells me something different and then say they don't know where the other person came up with that. I called to check coverage a few weeks ago and the lady told me that I needed to send in paperwork or I was going to get cancelled within the next week. I received no notice of that so we rushed our paperwork in. Once received they decided we could afford more and instead of telling us I just got a bill. It went from 200 to 400 a month and I called to confirm this was why and they said yes. Although I didn't agree with it I had no choice. I was told that on April 23rd my new payment would be $415 not the month before that. My paperwork indicates that. I went to pay online last week and it was $623. I called and the lady told me she didn't know where the extra 200 came from but she had all of my new employer info in. I explained I have work for the same company for 5 years and she proceeded to tell me they input my document in the computer wrong. I also said I thought my income was wrong so she changed that too. When fixing it she told me my payment is now $314 this month. I didn't know online doesn't update so I called again today to ask why it was still $623. I was then told that I owe 200 from last month and I said that was impossible I paid you. But apparently they decided to add the 200 into last month and not notify me at all and just put me as past due and tacked it on to this month. I said that was completely unfair they can't do that and asked to speak to the manager who also said the same. I explained that I have made all my payment and how wrong it is to not notify someone of changes to their account. That I didn't have the extra 200 so then he says I STILL have to pay the 623 even though they Inputted my information wrong in the system he cannot "make a bill just go away". And just kept saying sorry with nothing to back it up. So you are trying to tell me that not only did YOU mess up my paper work but I still have to pay for it even though it was YOUR mistake not mine. I also was asked how much I thought I made and I said 15, 000 and the guy on the phone said I made them change it from 20, 000 and I said put whatever my taxes are you just asked me what I thought I made. I don't understand how something that is so important for everyone to have is so completely disorganized. I am a waitress and now I have to come up with another 300 that is your companies fault on top of all my other bills. I have to pay the price for someone else's mistake and thatsnot right. Oh and I was told that since I'm past due you won't cover any of my prescriptions until I pay up. So not only did everyone I talk to there lie to me but you now have my account past due and over 200 that I should have never been charged in the first place but now I can't fill any of my scripts at the pharmacy. This whole experience is completely mind blowing how poorly run this company is. If anyone could help me that would be amazing. All I want is to get a consistent bill in the mail for the same amount every month and pay you. That's literally all I want. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to pay you and drain me of all my money. It's unfair now I have to struggle the next few weeks to come up with enough to pay you because someone messed up.
More Massachusetts Health Connector Complaints & Reviews
- Massachusetts Health Connector - enrollment/masshealth - a black hole of bureaucracy and frustration
- Massachusetts Health Connector - fraud on my refund check - information needed
- Massachusetts Health Connector - masshealth customer service 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - improper accounting practices 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - the mass health connector cancelled my dental insurance in december 2016 in error. since then, they have still not corrected their issue. 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - customer service sucks, rude, not educated
- Massachusetts Health Connector - cancelled coverage (notated) online, now disappeared!
- Massachusetts Health Connector - long waits / understaffed
- Massachusetts Health Connector - customer service and not getting accurate information 
- Massachusetts Health Connector - unable to make automatic payment because "another active aplication"