Maronda Homes — Cheaply made, goofy and unsafe.
Eight years ago, we bought a nine year old Marondaa built home. It's just one goofier made house, and that's the Remington Mystery House!
1. You can reach the teeny-tiny garage room (the one coming into the house) TWO light switches if you stretch your arms...BUT, the large adjoining Dining Room has one switch, set 7-8 feet along ONE wall.
2. Roof needed replacing on the house at 13 years old after a storm.
3. Outdoor light was wired so poorly, if my husband hadn't switched it, our house WOULD HAVE CAUGHT FIRE! At the FRONT DOOR, no less!
4. Apartment quality carpets and nasty/cheap apartment linoleum.
5. Stand up shower with a 6" lip...impossible to use until we paid $500.00 for a door.
6. Two open closets with reach around, left-handed light switches.
7. Cheaply painted. Seriously cheap!
8. Master bath lights, even after replacing, gets so hot, applying makeup YEAR 'ROUND, requires an open window and a large box fan!
9. Large Kitchen lsland with a sink in the most inconvenient spot. (Never used)
Welcome to the tip of our iceburg. Thank Heaven my husband is a Contractor...helping every neighbor on our street too! He's turned an aesthetically pleasing home into a now livable beautiful home.