ADVERTISIMENT

Locate Familytheir pushing inaccurate information about us to extract money from viewers

This started on August 13, 2019, when I found my name and my husbands listed on their site, with the wrong phone number, wrong relatives, wrong descriptions and the rest was fabricated. All attempts to remove were circumvented by the company, push this or push that was done, it was still there, asking for proof of who we are; did that by sending address on junk mail. Still not removed, they use Ancestry.com and GenelogyBank as a sister company link, which has their use of the logo makes locate family.com appear a real connection to ancestry, which is another fraud on their part. I am writing the three companies they have used on their site, I am also writing the Attorney General, state and federal, my Congressman, senator, and frankly becoming the biggest pain in their [censored] for the sake of removal of our data.
I have filled out the form over and over again, emailed, talked on the phone, its all a scam used to make money off American researchers, adoptees, and venerable people looking for lost friends. How cruel can a site be listing a dead sister as a living relative, listing people you have no idea who they are or saying you live in apt 13 or have all these other people living there??
What does anyone do, complain, scream, write but nothing works. I am 71 my huband is 80 how about our privacy?
Laura Johnson