Linksys WMP54GXUnsupported Drivers

My complaint is simple...

I bought the Linksys SRX200 G Router and WMP54GX G Wireless card on November 12, 2006. With taxes the combo came to $300. For 3 years I have been using both products under Windows XP_x32 bit.

I've recently upgraded to Windows 7_x64bit and my Wireless card is not supported. There's not even a VISTA_x64 bit driver available and it was released around the same time as my Wireless card.

I tried calling there support only to be bounced around with no one giving me a straight answer. I used their online Chat service only to be told there are not VISAT x32 or X64 bit drivers, and of course nothing for Windows 7. Now I can understand after 3 years a company being relunctant to support a product that is 3 years old, however my warranty just ran out as of November 12, 2009.

Apon first connecting to the agent online she reminded me my product was no longer under warranty and there was nothing Linksys would do. So I asked if I had called a month ago before it had expired what would of my support had been and she didn't answer me, even after asking the same question repeatedly. She gave me no explanation as to why my product that had a 3yr warranty, didn't even have Vista Drivers available when Vista itself is 3 years old...

There simple solution, buy new, and then she tried to suggest Linksys products...HA! After all I paid, for the hardware, the extra warranty, only to find out it's useless she then tried to upsell me... Now I know I'm the upset customer here, but there is no way any customer could not see they are scamming us. When I then asked for a complaint email addy, all she would provide me was their support link, which offers no email addy for customer complaints or concerns...

I may only be a Linksys customer of 10 years, yep, I had owned a linksys 4 port router before this, but I will spread the word wherever I can. To my clients whom I've suggested Linksys products before and to anyone else who will listed, INCLUDING YOU Linksys... You'd think after the whole world watched Microsoft crash and burn for releasing such a bad product as VISTA, and then learning from their mistakes, and finally releasing a fun Windows 7, that companies would take note...

1 customer here, another there... I truly cannot believe we have companies that are allowed to conduct business this way... My product with a 3 year warranty, should at least have a VISTA 64bit compatible driver... My product was obsolete on the shelf and we allow them to get away selling this junk to us...

Its dissapointing, it's bad business policy, and it's a company I will never support again. I am not sure if what or anything can be done, but I will make sure I spread the word...

LINKSYS...SUCKS!

Michael Giles
[protected]@gmail.com

• El
    electroken May 04, 2011

I bought my card used so did not suffer as bad as you, but it is outrageous that they are doing this. No wonder linksys is now gone and what was left was bought by another company. Too bad if you had stock in it.
    I got along fine with the unit I had here but now will remove them and do something simple. How evil to make a product like this with mostly really good operation as I had the router as well, and then find they dont support 64bit when it has been around for years and years. No more linksys for me, that's for sure unless I like running in 32bit forever.
    Damn I went to all the trouble to move over to 64 bit thinking I could keep me adapter as it was so nice and now it is time to kill it goodbye.

• Je
    jeffrey922 May 11, 2010

Linksys has terrible support, especially when it comes to drivers.

Bottom line - don''t buy from them.

In my experience, the companies that offer the best support, in the long run, have the best products. You might pay a bit more, but who wants to do business with a companie that can't even spare some resources to update some simple drivers?

You're VERY correct in saying it is a scam. I'm not a programmer, but if you were already familiar with linksys drivers and architecture, it would be a breeze to release some updated drivers.

Comment Guidelines