LeptovoxLeptovox scammed me!

The title on Seller's ad on e-Bay listing says: “Lose 50 pounds in 2 weeks with Leptovox!" The ad claims: “10 Superfoods to clear your acne and eliminate wrinkles while all the weight rolls off of you 2 weeks or Your Money Back-GUARANTEED!" “Everyone is talking about Leptovox and I mean everyone who tried it LOVED it! EVERYONE could feel it working in seconds. Permanent weight loss too. “…You Get All Your Money Back NO QUESTIONS ASKED If you are not completely satisfied!" Highlighted in yellow: “Zero Risk, Lifetime Money Back Guarantee on the Miracle Diet Product". Highlighted in blue: “Place Your 100% Risk Free Order or you can Bid NOW". “Buy it NOW… Risk FREE".

I bought 4 bottles after being lured by the ad. The product has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but make me sick to my stomach and made my skin feels like I have been scrubbed with sand from beach.

After 2 weeks of no promised positive results I asked for a full refund. I emailed them and the response I got back was that "I should stop eating hamburgers and stay out of the sun.." An absolutely disgraceful response. Like it's my fault!! When I mentioned the guarantee I was told that because I wasn't set up on the autoship program I didn't qualify. They refused to give me back my money and stand by the guarantee on the product.

The Leptovox company engages in deceptive, dishonest and misleading advertising on their eBay auction site. The product DOESN'T work and I will never use it again. I wish I had stuck with Proactol because I had much better success with it. The Proactol product was 100% better than the Leptovox and they stand by their 100% Unconditional Lifetime Money Back Guarantee. I'm surprised e-Bay would allow these practices.

Diane
Avondale, AZ
U.S.A.

• Bi
    BIG MIKE2020 Jun 04, 2007

I read similar bad things about this product at www.skinnyondiets.com so I definitely will not be buying Leptovox.

Thank you, great article.

Michael

• Ni
    Nic Perricone Jun 05, 2007

I disagree with both of you. You are just writing articles to proactol approach and your website skinny on diets. As a nutritional expert, Leptovox contains ingredients and extracts scientifically proven to reduce that aging effect of your body and help you lose weight. Diane, I doubt you actually even bought or tried the product for four weeks like you claim. The product has only been on the market for 2 weeks. Shame on you and your deceitful ways.

• Bo
    Bob Jun 05, 2007

While I do agree with the previous poster this does seem like a ploy to promote something else. I would like to note Diane said she tried the product for 2 weeks not four, the only four I read in the post was the 4 bottles she brought.

Stop taking the garbage monitor what your eating and start hitting your THR a little longer and more often.

• Be
    bethy Jun 05, 2007

Leptovox is a terrific product. Regardless, this is just an ad that promotes proactol and some crappy review site. I lost 15 pounds with Leptovox and have been taking it for 2 weeks. With the right diet and proper amount of exercise, you could have done the same. I mean, you can't expect to pig out every day and solve all of your problems with a miracle pill?

• Bo
    Bob Jun 06, 2007

Exactly!

• Ga
    Garret K. Jun 06, 2007

Does Leptovox really help you lose weight? Well it seems to have illicited strong responses here. Pretty interesting. Well if you really want to get the "real skinny" on Leptovox you should read this story. The guru of supplements said it was an ABSOLUTE SCAM.....

I've received a "zillion" e-mails recently from visitors all wondering if Leptovox works as described. One visitor said the sales pitch she received said Leptovox could help shed "40 pounds in 30 days."

This of course, is a totally bogus claim. The only way to lose 40 lbs. in 30 days is to have liposuction. I'm serious.

On an even more serious note, I would tread very, very carefully if you are considering the purchase of Leptovox. There are a LOT of reasons why. Let me explain...

First of all, this product appears to be almost completely identical to the product Lipovox (reviewed here). As far as I can tell from reviewing the two separate product web sites, the formulations vary by only a single ingredient. Lipovox contains salmon oil powder, and Leptovox contains idebenone. Other than that, the ingredient profile is the same.

At first, I thought Leptovox was a copycat product of Lipovox (or vice versa). However, I'm beginning to wonder if Leptovox is being sold by the same people who are selling Lipovox. Why do I have that impression?

This glowing "review" of Leptovox for example, is not posted by an unbiased, enthusiastic user, but by the main eBay seller of Lipovox. It is the same retailer who I have received "not too glowing" reports about his/her customer service record (you can read visitor feedback on Lipovox here!). Of course neither web site posts real contact and company information, so its impossible who is selling it, from where (and that's never a good sign. Professional, ethical companies interested in building their brand are always forthright about who they are).

From what I've seen, the only reason to sell the exact same product under different names is to "screw" your customer. And it's not the first time I've seen this done.

I'll be posting customer feedback on Leptovox as soon as I receive it -- so please, if you have something to say about Leptovox please contact me with your comments!

In the meantime, here's some "far from positive" commentary on the Leptovox product and its retailers...

Click here for Leptovox feedback! (Link opens in new window!)

Secondly, this product appears to be sold only on eBay and direct via the product's Web site. Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with this, except that I can't remember the last time I encountered a trusted brand name retailer who only used eBay and the Internet as a marketing medium.

In my experience, retailers who gravitate to these marketing mediums do so to avoid accountability to consumers and avoid the problems associated with marketing a product with grossly exaggerated claims through retail outlets (retailers would be inundated with product returns, and would then be looking to the creators of the product to refund their investment). It's also a fantastic way for a retailer to avoid the wrath of the Federal Trade Commission -- and I can guarantee you that if either one of these products had a large enough profile, the FTC would squash them like a couple of bugs.

Net marketing also allows "fly-by-night" companies access to a large marketplace they could not access otherwise. Sad to say, but the 'Net is a perfect place for unscrupulous marketers to flourish.

The Lipovox web site posts eBay testimonials as "proof" their product works (Leptovox does as well, but these comments are even less credible than those posted on the Lipovox web site -- no name, or buyer ID is referenced for any of the comments).

Don't be fooled.

Testimonials mean very little. Even on Ebay, they are relatively easy to fabricate. I've also received visitor feedback that the Lipovox retailer is actively discouraging the posting of negative feedback. And of course, feedback is always anecdotal and needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

The gold standard for "proof" is the placebo controlled, randomized, double-blind, peer reviewed study. Products, whether they be natural supplements or drugs, are always tested against a placebo, because for some people the mere suggestion that they are taking something powerful and helpful is enough to bring about significant results (this is not meant to be insulting, it's just the way it is!).

The products also need to be tested by people who do not have a vested interest in the product (for obvious reasons) and neither the attending physician or the patient can know whether the placebo or the real deal is being administered (even if the attending physician does not have a vested interest in the sale of the product being tested, s/he may still subconsciously lead the patient one way or the other, should they know what form of the product they are receiving).

None of this has been done for Leptovox, or any of the ten "superfoods" referenced on this Web site.

Third, the claims made by the retailers of this product are ridiculous, outrageous, and not backed by any credible scientific study of any sort. The "anti wrinkle" anti-obesity" and "anti-acne" claims do not have any basis in fact. While antioxidants do neutralize free radicals that are responsible for aging process, their effects are subtle and do not lead to quick and dramatic changes in appearance. Heck if that were the case, even a $4 bottle of vitamin C sold at your local grocery store could qualify as a "youth tonic."

Both the Lipovox and the Leptovox sales pages reference the work of Dr. Perricone, and his appearance on the Oprah show in an attempt to add credibility to their claims.

There are two issues with this...

Neither Dr. Perricome or Oprah have anything to do with either of these products, and certainly do not endorse them.

Secondly, Dr. Perricone is hardly an impartial spokesman on the supposed powers of these amazing super foods. After all, Dr. Perricone has a vested interest in selling his high priced products on his NVPerriconeMD web site. And, according to Wikipedia...

"... critics accuse him of making outlandish, unrealistic promises in order to sell books and products. His claims, they say, are backed by very little scientific research, and any research he has done himself has never been published in medical journals, where it would be subject to scrupulous review."

While no one can argue that nutrient-dense, anti-oxidant superfoods will offer value -- especially to people who adopt a sensible diet and lifestyle in addition to taking these pills -- just how much, and how they manifest themselves, is not something that has been demonstrated conclusively by any credible scientific studies.

And just how much benefit is offered by products of indeterminate strength and potency like Leptovox or Lipovox is certainly a matter of serious debate.

The Lipovox sales page does not reveal the potency of the "magic" formulation, other than to tell us that it contains the 10 superfoods listed on the site. The Leptovox web site does post an illustration of the product label on their web site, but interestingly, two of the ingredients referenced on the web site (ALA and DMAE) are not present on the label.

In the end the bottom line is simple...

I'm not bashing super foods or antioxidants. I have no doubt that if you incorporate these into your diet -- forgoing "less beneficial" eating habits -- you will experience some benefits. But from a supplement produced by an unknown company (one that does not post any company data or contact information on the web site) and sold only in a market that breeds unscrupulous behavior? A company that doesn't even have a label illustration that matches the listed ingredients?

Forget it.

In the end it's very simple... the benefits of Leptovox are grossly exaggerated, ridiculous, have not a single iota of proof to validate them, and frankly, are insulting to you the consumer.

Janice Jun 06, 2007

Thanks for the Link to the article! He said it was a rip scam weight loss product that is also marketed under another name called Lipovox. Looks like he reviewed that product as well on his site... again he called that product a Scam as well. I think it can be established by the pattern of responses that Leptovox is indeed a scam.

• De
    Denise P Jun 06, 2007

Thanks for letting me know that Leptovox is a hoax.

The lady said they told her that the company told her to "stop eating hamburgers and stay out of the sun"... that's mad crazy son!

Just saved me $40+on it cause I ain't buying it now :-)

• Lu
    Luisa Jun 11, 2007

How would rodent droppings find it's way into a pill bottle? I thought I had heard it all but that has to be by far the most disgusting thing ever.

Sarah M. Jun 12, 2007

Interesting. If you do a search on the store that sells this Leptovox stuff it appears that the seller (Garret Devore) has a long history of running scams with these ebay products. I Googled the seller A.K.A. Fibersyn, came up with the seller's name, and Googled him further.

• Mi
    Michael Jones Jul 25, 2007

If you want to contact the owner of Leptovox, his e-mail address is [email protected]

• Ke
    Kelly Nov 06, 2007

Can I have the rest of the product if you're not going to use it? I love it.

• Co
    Courtney Nov 21, 2007

I have been taking leptovox 2-3 times a day for 3 weeks. I have lost 11 pounds!! I think that people choose to talk badly about things before they like to say good things. If you tried it and it didn't work, then great. It didn't work for you. All this scam talk is completely ridiculous! I did some searching(and I plan on doing more) to try and find a legit article about this drug being a scam. The only articles i can find are based on opinion! I have to wonder how many people have actually tried the pill. Well I have, and I am having wonderful results! I recommend leptovox, however before you decide to purchase anything you must do your research and decide for yourself. Everything I have found so far is really a matter of opinion. Some people think it's a scam, others think it's wonderful. Thats the same with any product out there! Not everyone is going to love it!

jessica Dec 19, 2007

I have only been taking Lipovox for 2 days so I don't have much to report, exept that I found this product @ dietpillvalueguide.com. It lists the top diet pills of 2007 with this product as its #1. I doubt very seriously that the same guy has a hand in all of these drugs. Even though I haven't noticed ANY results, I hope that it's not a scam and I am EXTREMELY troubled by the comments and remarks made by this particular individual. Why so defensive & bitter? A guilty concience maybe? It has to be stresses that nothing works the same for everyone, I guess thats how they can get away w/ it.

sarah c Jan 01, 2008

after the pills took forever to arrive (and i had to contact seller to complain) they have so far not induced my body to let go of any of my wobbly bits!! but i do have to admit i have seen a marked improvement in my skin. i also found that if you don't drink enough fluid whilst taking the pills they tend to leave you burping a rather disgusting blend of the ingredients up leaving your appetite taking a back seat (maybe this is how they help you lose weight!!!) i will continue taking the tablets until they run out and post another revue when finished

• Ra
    Raymond Sanchez Jan 04, 2008

I am very curious on how this product has been around for this long and is a scam. My wife and I are interested in a little "extra" help with losing weight. We are not by far over weight, however, some loss before vacationing to Vegas would be great. Even after researching for a couple of hours I have found a very mixed opinion, and only that. Opinion. There has not been an official "Evaluation" on this product that I have found thus far. Does anyone have a factual review or evaluation on Leptovox? Also is it worth the price? Either way, it works differently on everyone just as many other products and its ingredients. So, if anyone has any information please feel free to post and enlighten us, thanks!

Operation Manager
    Sprint PCS, MI
    313-849-2312

• Da
    Dan Druff Jan 07, 2008

This previous posting was created by the ### people that sell Miracleburn, Orexis, and Belleplex. Their products suck and they are just jealous that Orovo, Lipovox, and Leptovox are crushing them in the marketplace. There sites are run by illiterate INDIAN DOT HEADS!!!

I own you Jan 08, 2008

Looks to me like you are illiterate:

"their sites" ... not "there sites"

Did you not make it through the 2nd grade? Keep telling yourself you're a winner.

I own you Jan 09, 2008

Leptovox did not work for me i used curvelle and it has been working.

I tried to get my money back but could only get their voicemail.

Next i will call my credit card company.

I own you Jan 09, 2008

I was thinking about buying leptovox because superfoods were recommended by Oprahs doctor.

I own you Jan 10, 2008

Is Leptovox The Anti-Body Fat, Anti-Acne, and Anti-Wrinkle Breakthrough?

I own you Jan 10, 2008

There are two issues with this...

I own you Jan 10, 2008

In the end the bottom line is simple...

Forget it.

I own you Jan 10, 2008

I'll get straight to the point:

1. The label: I have this funny feeling that I got cheated out of this product, because the labelling is mediocre. The direction of use is vague, and the nutrional information - sucks! The distributor or manufactures' address is not available.

Oh PLUS: There's a statement that says: "This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and drug Administration... " That scared me!

2. Weight: I don't feel like i've lost weight so far. Its been 9 days...but i'll wait till I finish the bottle then compare.

3. Acne: Still got it, Don't know what everyone's talking about.

4. Side effects: Everytime I take them, nausea takes over, and my head starts aching. Can't lift stuff without my back giving out (never experienced that until I started taking it)

Honestly I had high hopes for Lipovox, and right now am not very confident about the product. Once I complete one bottle, I'll give my full report (I'll write to the manufacturers, then post my comments and their response here)

All I can say, I guess its not 100% effective, I must be the statistic that it might not work for.

Liz (warigzATyahoo.co.uk)

• De
    debbie g Jan 12, 2008

The latest weight loss solution... reduce your portion size ( no supa-sizing something that is already too big!), get off your bums and exercise!!! Easy, no miracles here!

Matria Washington Jan 19, 2008

Hi. First I would like to ask an important question after reading the above comments. Is Orovo, Lipovox, and Leptovox really the same product? This may sound like a crazy question, but I had no idea. I honestly tried to do research regarding Orovo and came across this website. I would like to say that I've tried several diets and one had been successful for a little while (Phentremine). I stopped taking them but I continued to exercise daily. I gained my weight back and tried using Phentremine again 5 months later and didn't lose but 3 pounds in 3 months. I exercise 5 days a week (treadmill and riding a bike) and I also eat as healthy as possible. This was heartbreaking so I started looking for a cleanser. I read about Orovo and the fact that it's a detoxing pill made me want to try it. I personally feel like I haven't lost weight because my body is filled with toxins and my metabolism is low. Some people probably didn't lose weight because they didn't or don't have much toxin or body fat to begin with. I'm not sure but this is merely an opinion. I feel good about this product and I don't want to be discouraged and not finish the pills. I started taking them today and I'm anxious to find out what will happen when I finish the bottle. I will report back when I'm done. Thanks.

Paul Crane Jan 21, 2008

Great story, you really put a lot of effort into it. C+

Yes, they're all the same. It's a big scam being uncovered on the internetweb.comnet. Read the full story on my website wwwULTIMATEFATBURNER.com.

You think taking Orovo is going to DETOXIFY you?

Why don't you buy one of those COLON CLEANSE systems too - those pictures of people scooping ### out of their toilet is amazing.

What I want to know is: WHERE DO I BUY THOSE STICKS TO PLUCK MY ### OUT OF THE TOILET?????

• Tr
    Trihnity Jan 21, 2008

Well I bought it. I will try it. I live in Tampa, FL and i'm a marketing assistant for a restaurant company... so i have nothing to do with teh diet pill company. I'll let you all know how it goes... I'm a pretty straight forward person and won't sugar coat things.

Janine Uecke Jan 22, 2008

I am so sick to my stomach right now!!!!!!!!!!

• Dp
    d p Jan 23, 2008

Repeat Miracleburn, Orexis, and Belleplex are scam products. Buy Orovo it's the #1 weight loss product in America. The other competitors products are cheap filler material hoodia-nothing products and skin peeling nonsense, steer clear of cheap imitations.

Paul Crane Jan 24, 2008

Hello, My name is Paul Crane

Lean System 7 is the only product that works and it is sold exclusively at www.ultimatefatburner.com

Orovo is a Multi-Level Marketing (pyramid) scheme... nobody on their system makes any real money except for the people at the top... i.e. the owners of the company.

You will not detoxify with Orovo
    You will not lose weight with Orovo
    You will not look better with Orovo

Leptovox was discovered by a college student while watching oprah

Lipovox was discovered by the company president while watching oprah

Orovo was discovered by a meth-head while watching oprah

Wonderful stories, except that they're all made up.

Save yourself some money and don't buy this Junk:

Orovo
    Leptovox
    Lipovox
    Lipotrox
    Leptotrox
    Liporovo
    Fenphedra
    Nuphedragen

They make a new product out of rat droppings and newspaper shredding every week.

Once people catch on - they put out a product with a new name.

What product will they put out next week?

YOU CAN CALL THEM TO FIND OUT, BUT THEY ONLY HAVE VOICEMAIL...... THE TRUE SIGN OF A "FLY BY NIGHT" COMPANY

DONT BUY OROVO

DONT BUY LEPTOVOX

DONT BUY LIPOVOX

DONT BUY LIPOTROX

DONT BUY NUPHEDRAGEN

DONT BUY EPHEDRASIL

I own you Jan 24, 2008

From the LEPTOVOX website:

While watching the OPRAH show on "How to Look 10 Year's Younger in 10 Days!" Oprah Winfrey's skin care guru Dr. Perricone revealed 10 "Super Foods" that if eaten will take 10 years off the appearance of your skin in only 10 Days.

Intrigued by the promise, the Leptovox inventor took the challenge and ate the 10 Super Foods daily for 10 consecutive days.

--------------

From the LIPOVOX website:

Two years ago I was a college student living in Oahu, Hawaii. I'd go to school in the mornings and head off to the beach and surf all day. It was a blast! The best time of my life. But it was wreaking havoc on my skin! I was only in my early twenties and had the skin of someone double my age.

One day while watching TV, I came across "Oprah" and the title of the show was on how to look "10 Years Younger in 10 Days". I watched. Oprach interviewed a world-reknown skin care doctor and he revealed his "Secret" to looking 10 years younger in 10 days. It wasn't a magical lotion or cream, but rather 10 SUPER FOODS that fight wrinkles internally

--------------

From the OROVO website:

OROVO was created accidentally. While watching the “OPRAH” show on how to look “10 Years Younger in 10 Days” a world renowned Dermatologist recommended 10 “SuperFoods” that if eaten every day will help you look 10 Years younger in Only 10 Days. The wife of Orovo's CEO took the 10 Day challenge and had mixed results. She did not look 10 years younger as had been promised BUT she Lost 10 pounds of body fat and had completely gotten rid of her Adult Acne without even Trying!

SAVE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE - IT IS A SCAM.

Paul Crane Jan 24, 2008

See, obviously Orovo doesn't work.

Look at my picture I took Lean System 7 along with some Steroid cycles :

• Li
    lisa ortega Jan 31, 2008

I just received the bottle today.(Leptovox) .. Reviewing the supplement facts, it doesn't show the % daily value or the barley,cayenne,buckwheat,etc..

Can someone let me know if your bottle shows the daily value of the 10 superfoods?!

I own you Feb 01, 2008

Mine does not have the % values, either.... and from reading the posts on this website, I don't think there are actually any superfoods in these pills.

Does the inside of your bottle smell absolutely horrible?

I'm scared to take these pills, and I want to send them back for a refund but their voicemail is full..... damn it

Jean Feb 03, 2008

I decided to give this weight loss supplement a try because it is made up of several superfoods and I thought that at the very least I would get a dose of extra antioxidants. It made me so sick that by the third day I threw up three times. No weight loss product is worth that!

Jen Feb 04, 2008

these people are a fraud. I tried for a month to get my money back with no luck. All the info Paypal has on them is worthless. Am going to turn them into the Internet Crime Complaint Center for internet fraud. Don't use them.!!!

• Al
    Alex Garcia Feb 04, 2008

It seems as though the informant is making a horrible sales pitch for Proactol. I came to this conclusion after reading the last paragraph, which states:

"Proactol product was 100% better than the Leptovox and they stand by their 100% Unconditional Lifetime Money Back Guarantee."

If the product actually works, why would a customer need to return the product and how would she know that Proactol stands behind their money back guarantee. Either this person in an employee of the company that makes Proactol, or they're a dishonest person that uses a product and returns it even if it works.

As for Leptovox, I didn't like it at all, but the company gave me a refund about a week after I returned the product. In fact, I was so pleased with the customer service, I decided to try another product, Fenphedra (It may not be spelled like that), and I've lost 10 lbs with two bottles. I didn't lose as much weight as I had hoped, but I'm still very pleased with the product. If there is one thing I've learned form my years of dieting, it's that there is no magic pill that works for everyone. Each person's body responds differently to what it is given. You just have to keep trying different products.

• Ho
    holly Jo Feb 11, 2008

The name & physical address is:
    Blackstone Nutrition Inc.
    96 N 1800 W # 11
    Lindon, UT 84042
    this is from Feb 2008.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices