LAZ Parkingdeceptive practices

S

Just after 5:30pm on february 24, 1016 I drove by their parking garage at 1026 5th avenue in san diego and saw a sign out front stating, “public parking early bird special $8 in by 9am”. This was not an unreasonable amount for parking, as a nearby lot charged $10 (Flat rate) after five-thirty pm so we parked here. When I went to leave, the charge was $30 and I could not leave the lot unless I paid $30. The parking attendant at the time was very polite and understanding, and had clearly heard many similar complaints before. He showed me the sign (They pulled it sometime before I left at 9:54pm) and said that someone forgot to pull it out from in front of the building that morning. I've made multiple attempts to resolve this to no avail. They have since changed their sign, but have refused to refund the parking difference.

This is a very deceptive practice. I encourage everyone in this forum to file complaints with the bbb and http://www.revdex.com/reviews/laz-parking/615462# as well.

deceptive practices

• Ph
    Pho2017 Jan 11, 2017

LAZ is deceptive, charged me duplicate amounts on their machine for the same parking spot. Refuse to refund, simply give me a new number to call each time.