Lasting Impressions FoamPoor Quality

M

The below is MY experience with www.lastingimpressionsfoam.com This may not be the outcome you have had or you would have if purchasing from them. I think it's important to state up front they have NOT violated their warranty/refund policy however I BELIEVE their warranty and refund policy is laid out in a way that consumers would rather they a loss then pay outrageous shipping costs.

I purchased a 12'' king at the end of June. It was great at first, I thought I was in heaven.

I have multiple sclerosis and one of my major symptoms is that if there is pressure to any part of my body it causes pain, lots of pain. So finding a good mattress has been a expensive and long process. I bought an off brand memory foam mattress for our camper last year off woot.com and except that it's a little too soft it's been nothing but wonderful!!!

When I ran across the ad for lasting impressions on craigslist I was skeptical at first. But after reading their website, warranty and other sites reviews I was confident in their product or at least their ability to work with you. Yes I found some negative stuff but you'll find negative stuff on any company. What was most impressive is there were no complaints with the MO Attorney General or the BBB.

Well that is no longer the case.

I got my bed at the end of June, at first it was great. By September (after the money back guarantee ran out) it was less then desirable. Now after about 4 months of sleeping on it. It doesn't recover, it's lumpy and therefore its uncomfortable. I emailed them hoping to get a refund or replacement without paying the shipping costs. They replied and told me I was a scam. So now I've filed reports with the BBB and Attorney General and am on a mission to spread the word about MY EXPERIENCE, so that others can make a more informed purchasing decision.

I now believe that this company is a complete fraud. I think they know they are selling a crap product and I also believe they will stand behind their warranty and refund policy. HOWEVER, I think they figure because it's so expensive to send it back most people will just take a loss and figure lesson learned. I've decided, if this is the case then I for one am going to stand up to them. I am going to wait and see what happens with the BBB and AG, but if those results are not what I want I plan to take this further.

What I'm trying to do now is collect information from people who have actually purchased from this company and are unhappy. These need to be legitimate complaints and orders. In order to ensure that these are legitimate I ask a few things. 1st File a complaint with the BBB and MO Attorney General. Next contact me let me know how long ago you purchased, what you've done to try to resolve your issue and what they outcome with them was.

• Dr
    DRChurch Oct 01, 2012

After 3 short months the memory foam got amnesia and has never recovered. It took me 3 years to address this issue as I was ill and unable to gather necessary information to apply for a replacement mattress, but I knew I had a full ten year warranty.
    After 14 full days of being directed and advised my evidence was overwhelmingly in my favor of a bed replacement. Finally on the 14th day I was issued an RMA # with only ten (10) days to package and ship back the bad mattress which, in my humble opinion, is a gross misuse of funds as the photos and videos prove explicitly that the bed is irreperable.
    You have to have special tools to make the bed small enough to fit in the $50.00 shipping box, which is how they send us the bed so cheaply. I can't suck the air out of a queen size bed so I can shove it in a tiny box making it cost effective to return. To get your faulty bed replaced you must return the bad bed (at what ever the cost) plus send $50 USD to cover the replace/repair.

Roger actually suggested I cut the visco elastic top off, send that part back and put on a new topper. WHAT?? I am sure he knows that the average consumer does not have the fusing, compressing and rolling tools that they have at the facility. So, how would I re-attatch the visco top?

I wrote back after Roger issued an RMA # that fell short 4 days of payday which is when I could get the money to return a bad product and pay shipping for the replacement. Roger said NO, it is against company policy.

I re-mailed him after a few days of brainstorming to cancel that RMA until I had money to return the bed. He has never responed. I do not know where I stand on my future return. Also, it was never clear if I would get a NEW bed or if they were going to try to jimmy this bed to seem workable.

Exerpt from their site: At this facility, we laminate (glue) the foam layers together, compress, roll and ship all of our memory foam products. By handling all of these processes in-house, we are able to keep our overhead low. This in turn allows keeping our prices lower than most Memory Foam Mattress producers in the country. We also concentrate on selling by volume.

Buyer beware. Bad Beds and Bad Service.

Comments

• Mi
    Michael Burges Mar 21, 2012

I bought a mattress from them and have had nothing but a pleasure doing business with them. I'm not sure how your mattress ended up 'lumpy' but mine is perfect and I'm a heavy set guy.

I asked them through e-mail about what could make a mattress lumpy and they e-mailed me back that Memory Foam needs to be on a solid and flat surface. They make sure to mention this when you e-mail them and they even give examples of how you can use other materials on top of your box spring to make it firmer.

Just a heads up this is likely a bogus review as well. I even asked them their return policy and they said all I need to do is pack it in a box and ship it back to get a 100% full refund (minus shipping). I don't see how that's a problem? I mean you can't expect them to ship the product for free and then take a loss on shipping it back.

These guys have an excellent record and they sell high quality products. If you don't believe me go buy one yourself you'll love it.
    And don't believe these jokers on Complaints Board.

• Ce
    CentraliaMO Jan 10, 2012

I too purchased from lastingimpressionsfoam and am unhappy with the quality of the mattress. We are into the 5th month and the integrity of the foam has completely given way. I used the contact form on their website today to start the process with them.

• Gm