Kenmore / Whirlpoolpoor service

Don't buy a kenmore washing machine (Top of the line) if you want it to last more than 4 years!
In less that 4 years I am told my barely used washing machine needs a new motor control board which costs $489 and another $200 to install!
Sears does not seem to feel they are responsible for selling a machine with such poor service.
After paying $110 for a service call the technician told me that parts for the motor board are not sold and that the entire motor board needs to be replaced!! If I paid another $700 maybe it would last another 4 years!
Stay away from sears products. They are not what they used to be!

• SearsCare Sep 26, 2013

phyllis loeb,
    Thanks you for reaching out and informing us about your recent repair experience with your washing machine. We are saddened to see that we have not been able to meet your repair expectations at this point in time. We would like to reach out and speak with you to provide you the service and assistance you deserve as a valued member. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washing machine was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (phyllis loeb) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Kurt M.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Ho
    Howard Wallace, Jr. Nov 22, 2013

Bought Kenmore Elite front loading washer and matching dryer in Oct 08, bought pedestels, 3 year warranty, all the bells and whistles.
    Thought this would be the last washer/dryer I would buy as I was in my early 60's. In Oct of 13 we started getting and error message on the washer, SUD, and then F35. Called Sears repair service and they were there within a few days. Service agent pulls top off of the machine and says we need a new module to fix it. The cost was around $400, but wait there is more. The part is back ordered from Whirlpool for 4-5 weeks. So we paid for the part and have been waiting for 31 days for it's arrival. Service agent also said there are 4 or 5 more modules that can go out. Sears service dept called last week to reschedule the prearranged service call since the part has not shown up. I asked them where the part was or at least an update for the ETA of the part. They had no idea when it would arrive. So, we bought another washing machine, an inexpensive GE, so at least we can have clean clothes. We were tired of going to our adult children's house to do laundry. After the part does arrive and the machine is working we will sell them to some unsuspecting sucker and then buy a GE dryer to match. Moral of the story is no more Kenmore or Whirlpool appliances in our house.

• SearsCare Nov 26, 2013

Howard Wallace, Jr.,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We appreciate you posting about your situation. We can truly understand how important it is to have your washer repaired in a timely manner. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to assist you and address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Howard Wallace, Jr.), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.