• Sl
    slick77 Jul 28, 2009

I am currently A student at Kieser University and have only completed one class. I have been battling with the finacial aid office to get a contract or something stating what I will need to pay, however they keep giving me the run-around. I do not feel good about what is happening; I wish I would have read this warning before I enrolled!

angrystudent May 04, 2009

This place should be ashamed. Taking peoples money and giving nothing back. I attend the Keiser in Lake Worth, FL and it is horrible. The head is nasty and yells at people. Very unprofessional and mean. She doesn't care about students. All she want is their money.

• He
    help Apr 29, 2009

Kesier college took over $7000.00 from me. The college applied for loans i was not aware of, until i received a letter in the mail. The college would not release my transcript, unless I pay them another $900.00 out of pocket. I only attended two classes when I decided enough was enough. The school is jacking students out of thousands of dollars, without thanking twice.

• El
    ellen hicks Sep 05, 2017

@help I graduated with an Associate Degree from the ecampus in fort lauderdale on 4/2/2017 and started the bachelor degree program, I got through 3 classes and they told me I would have to pay $520.00 out of my pocket for 8 months without ordering books from the book store or $720.00 if ordering books from their book store and I live on my husbands SSI of $735.00 and that supports 4 people so I had to quit and made them send me a leter stating why I quit which was I could not afford their required financial obligation. I hope someone starts a class action lawsuit because I have to already pay back $60, 879 for the classes I have already taken and still have not received assistance from the career services on finding a job.

• Da
    DaveTurk13 Feb 21, 2018

@ellen hicks On January 18th, 2018 I was told by the program director at Keiser University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida that they would not let me continue in the school's physical therapist assistant program. I had to take 5 online prerequisites in order to start their PTA program. I got A's in all 5 of my classes. I was put on a waiting list and had to wait 6 months. I started the program on January 8th, 2018. I was told not to have a job by Dr. Leona Rodriguez the director of the PTA program during this time in school, because of the amount of studying that needs to be done. In my first week I had many homework assignments which I received 100 percent. I had 2 tests which I scored an A grade in both. Sadly, today is January 18th and I got below 70% in just one of my tests and they discharged me from school. They told me that you cannot fail this one particular test, or you are out of the PTA program. I was not aware of this in till a day before the test when the teachers made us sign a piece of paper about this kind of action could be taken. I guess that is Keiser University's way of being able to mistreat their students without being held responsible. They have done nothing but waste my time and money that I don’t have. The instructors of this school have been extremely misleading! This school needs to be investigated for fraud and misrepresentation, especially the Physical therapist director Dr. Leona Rodriguez who runs this program and the other teachers who could have told the students before school began about their policies of giving students only one chance to pass a test! I received A grades in all other requirements including homework and tests. The school only told the students that you had to have minimal cumulative GPA 70%. They kept it a secret in till the day before the test that if you get below a 70% on this one exam you are done, no second chance! My cumulative GPA would still be above 83% even with the 65% I received on the one single test. Sadly, it didn't matter to anyone at the Keiser University, since I didn't pass this one test. I guess the other A grades didn't matter at all. I have never heard of a school doing this kind of disheartening practice to their students. This entire experience has been devastating and the emotional distress I'm feeling now because of this is seriously affecting my health. I was only at the so-called college for 8 days. I have filled out the Borrower Defense Application. I don’t want to have to burden on me the rest of my life.

Please help me!

• Pa
    Pand Mar 01, 2009

I agree that they want to bring you in the door asap, but so far they've been great with me. I was misinformed at the beginning regarding my start date, since then they, have been on top of their ### making sure I am well informed and taken care of. The price is ridiculous, but with a guaranteed spot into their programs its worth it to me. I've applied a state school for their radiology program for about 3 years now and have not gotten in. I have above a 3.0 and still it's hard because there is so much competition. Grads usually start making $40, 000 when you graduate so paying $30, 000 for a degree isn't bad if you can start sooner, finisher sooner and be making money sooner rather then waiting around for a states school to accept you! Either way if you can go to a state school and get into their program fast then go that route if not, Kesier is not a bad choice. Good luck.

• Je
    Jenni Nov 28, 2008

Well, This is very common I see my sister attended that school for 2 classes not only did they pulled her out of class but the financial aid officer had a huge attitude. So she attended Phoenix & graduated last year with her aa in accounting. I decided to attend online and oh boy yea Stay away. There horrible all they care about is money money money. And there customer service is awful you will think since they are expensive that they will give you excellence but that sure is not the case. For that I prefer to attend a community college i will get the same amount of attention and my questions answer for wayyy less. 1 semester there will cover my whole degree in a community college and some. ugh ... I am looking into other schools now. RUnnnnn!

• Ca
    Catalina Nov 19, 2008

I have a problem with Keiser and my refund also I paid off one of the student loans in full before I even finished. Please how can I sue them for my money. They school was very poorley ran they had pull me out also when I let them know I was ill and could not continue and when I tried to continue horrible customer service and I owe money. I am in New Jersey whom do I contact in Florida to get help.
    Catalina

• Vi
    vi Oct 11, 2008

I was going to attend their Melbourne school but the cost compared to state college was prohibitive. Then I learned that Keiser's credits are nontransfereable or they were at the time. I see no plusses there. I have been looking into University of Phoenix online for continuing ed. They are high cost, but I'm not near any Master's programs which on which I can build from my BA.