Kampgrounds Of America [KOA]Manager complaint - angelee hobson

R Sep 03, 2019

I am not a complainer - but wanted to share my utmost disappointment at your Lava Hot Spring City Center Manager -Angelee Hobson. I am a value member and stay at several KOAs every year and very much understand your cancellation policy (7 days for cabins and 48 hours for RVs).

When confronting the manager Angelee's why I was penalized for properly following the cancellation policy guidelines for my rescheduled reservation May 24th to Aug 30th (reservation 11631 and 11630 shown below). Her employee mistakenly forgot to cancel my old reservation and I was charged the full deposit for both reservations ($107.46), so instead of properly refunding my deposit, she yells at me and tells me that some people schedule more than one reservation and it is their policy to charge me (even though I followed their policy exactly as stated).

I called the week of May 6th to "reschedule" my reservation (2 weeks prior to the cancellation deadline). She is blaming/penalizing me for her employees mistake and completely ignoring/couldn't care less of my complaint. She is demonstrated clearly she does not care about her customers and completely lack of any professionalism.

Her management is extremely unprofessional, unethical, and cruel/offensive (yelling at customers). They have lost my business as well as many others I have shared my experience with. I am requesting to be fully refunded of my deposit I was unlawfully charged $107.46.

KOA

Advanced deposit: 50.90
Cancellation fee: 50.90

Lava Hot Spring/City Center cancellation policy states:

KOA Reservation/Cancellation Guidelines Guarantee your Campsite

To guarantee your campsite, a deposit equal to at least your first night will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation. Make your online reservations anytime, day or night, at KOA.com. You'll receive a confirmation email from the campground once you complete your reservation.

Need to Cancel? If you need to cancel your reservation, please call 800-562-7807 before the deadlines listed below to receive your deposit refund, minus a $10 cancellation fee. Text and email notifications of cancellations are not acceptable.

RV & Tent Sites: 48 hours cancellation notice is required. Notify your KOA by 4 p.m. two days before your scheduled arrival.
Camping Cabins: 7 days cancellation notice required. Please notify your KOA one week before your scheduled arrival.
Deluxe Cabins & Unique Accommodations: These units may have special deposit and cancellation requirements. Please check with your selected KOA campground location when making your reservations.
Reservations made after these deadlines require nonrefundable deposits. Cancellations made after deadlines will result in forfeiture of all deposits.
Holidays and special events may have special deposit and/or cancellation requirements. Special conditions may apply during high-demand periods and special events. Please check with your selected KOA for details.