[Resolved] Just Property — breach of contract terms
I rented a property that was later sold to a new owner who did not want to continue with the Just Property(JP) lease management contract. I was not offered an option to continue with a landlord engaged with JP.
I was uncomfortable with direct interaction with the new landlord who was imposing conditions that were not in my original contract. He refused to continue with the contract but JP still insisted on giving him my deposit and advised him that I owe him cancellation fees as well as advertising and placement rental for 2 months.
Wasn't I supposed to continue with JP rental agreement as amended with the new Landlord? Is JP contract transferable and watered down like that as it is in this case? JP was under no jurisdiction to engage with the new landlord since he was not their client? Wasn't JP supposed to act on my behalf and seek information on any repair work after I left, fix and return balance of my deposit?
I feel let down by JP and questions their competence and integrity if they can't even read their own contract and implement it to the best understanding.
Please respond as now I have summons from the landlord on falsified advise from JP.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
More Just Property Complaints & Reviews
- Just letting - Stole our deposit money
- Just letting - Not paying back their client's deposits
- Just letting - Lackof service and dishonesty
- Just letting - DISGUSTING NO SERVICE
- Just Property - rental agency treated us unfairly and did not follow procedure.
- Just Property - Midrand branch worst service ever
- Just Property - deposit and there after no help
- Just letting - Poor servicefae8d
- Just Property - rental property
- Just Property Northern Suburbs/Sandton - fraudulent and incorrect information provided to tpn and refusal to provide me with a copy of requested documents.