John Robert Powers-PortlandRip Off

A

All the company wants is more money and they don't follow the contracts that are signed. I have paid over $5000 to them for my son and he has only been called to 4 auditions. But the worse part is that we were de-frauded by Jennifer (the owner) when it comes to the latest set of classes/photo's from JRP. They are one big joke and they do not deliver what you pay for.

• Ea
    EACHONE Aug 08, 2010

EACH JOHN ROBERT POWER SCHOOL IS INDIVIDUALLY OWNED AND OPERATED BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE. EACH SCHOOL IS NOT THE SAME. STOP CATEGORIZING EACH SCHOOL UNDER THE SAME UMBRELLA. ALL THE CORPORATE OFFICE OF JOHN ROBERT POWERS DOES IS COLLECT MONEY FOR THE USE OF THEIR NAME, THEY DON'T CARE HOW EACH LOCATION IS RUN.

GO TO A DIFFERENT LOCATION IF YOU ARE PISSED, NEVER KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN BECAUSE EACH LOCATION IS DIFFERENT DEPENDING ON THE OWNERS!

• Ra
    Rani Jun 10, 2009

JRP is such a big scam! While i was taking classes there i didnt seem to get anywhere with my acting + modeling career. My parents had to pay thousands and thousands of dollars. So i went to this one audtion for an agency in LA and i got a call back. And they said i had to pay like 6, 000 dollars for both me + my sister for classes and photos and what not. We weren't completely sure if we should sign the contract. So my mom told the lady that we'll back tomorrow cause we need to think about it. She kept talking and kind of didnt let us leave till we signed it. She said that if we didnt want to do it anymore we could call in later and cancel. So later that day we didnt want to waste all that money cuz i figured out it was a scam. Then we call and ask to speak to that lady and someone said she wasnt there and that we could call by the next day to cancel the contract thing. Then later they denyed the whole thing. And we were gonna sue them but they would'nt give us a refund after they said they would. They lied and mutilated us! So a few months later...i was like what ever and i started to go off and look for an agent! And i finally signed with one, i got to auditions and stuff now! Still to this day, i hate JRP's guts and we never got our money back.

• Ro
    Robin Hood Apr 13, 2009

I am a former John Robert Powers insider. I have information that can help. Visit my website at thetruthaboutjrp.com

• Ac
    acting_shrimp Dec 01, 2008

Here is the full address of the Portland John Robert Powers, they are a rip-off do not give them any money, it is not worth it. They charged us 600.00 for a photo shoot that was to be twice as much as the regular photo shoots and we only got 2 outfit changes and head shots only. It is a joke. It is sad because they tell all these kids that they are the ones and then they don't follow through with getting them audtions.