Menu
N
Author of the complaint
6:55 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was told that my daughter needed head shots taken for the BIG talent show after the 5 classes of training. The photo shot was $600.00 dollars for 2 head shots. We received a disc the day before the show and we had to have the pictures printed out ourselves. Needless to say my daughters school pictures where better than these, and of course after my initial complaint my calls or emails are no longer answered. WORD OF ADVICE STAY FAR AWAY THEY ARE CROOKS!

More John Robert Powers International complaints & reviews

John Robert Powers International - Avoid like the plague
1 comments
R
Nov 05, 2011 4:05 am EDT

I, too, feel completely disappointed in the iPOP organization. My son has been asked to attend the 2011 iPOP Presentation of Performers in January. I was told when we signed up for the Regional Showcase that we would be showcasing his talent in front of several agents. There was only 3 agents at the regional showcase. We were also told that only 21 would be called back to continue the endeavor at the National showcase. 21 were not called back...ALL kids were called back because many (with natural talent) declined to continue because iPOP was requesting more money for the national level. Many parents were under the impression that at the regional area, that their child could be given a chance to possibly fulfill their dream during this time. On the contrary, $6, 000 dollars was way to steep for many families in our Area. Of course, this did not include air fare or meals. If these companies are doing the right thing by showcasing fresh new faces to the industry, they should not be asking for so so much money. I am an educator and have traveled to professional workshops throughout the country and by no means is it that expensive to stay at the Hyatt and get the education needed to assist these kids and their families. This is a RIP OFF. I have made numerous attempts by phone and email for Brittney Adams to return my call for questions I still have about the National level showcase. NO ONE has returned my calls or emails. This is completely unprofessional and not good business to disregard our concerns. I am no longer interested in going to this event...my son is continuing his high school education and will continue at the collegiate level. He has the passion for the industry and will not give up on his dream. I believe in him and have faith that things will happen when the time is right. Shame on you iPOP for what you do! It is not fair to drag many of these children and their families to these performances unless you truly feel they have the talent. Do not try to scam those who you only want their money!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

17 complaints