Jobvite.comJobvite has been a very negative experience for my company

J

Jobvite has been a very negative experience for my company. We had high hopes initially - the social graph is a very valuable asset for companies these days. The first problem was the interface - a bit bulky, and lacking key features that make workflow management unpleasant (file types, no bulk uploads, etc) not to mention rampant privacy issues. It seemed worth it against the promise of tapping active and passive candidates through the social network...

That is until a few months went by and our employees experienced spam reports from their own networks. Jobvite basically broadcasts your position openings as status updates in your employees' social networks. Our settings were fairly conservative - with weekly or monthly recurrence as standard. We eventually had to stop using it as we received increasingly negative feedback from the people in our networks.

At three months into our service contract, we asked Jobvite for an early termination for cause but were denied. For the next 9 months, my only interaction with Jobvite was on my A/P report and it's negative impact on my bottom line. Sadly, after the better part of a year without so much as a login, we missed the termination cutoff at which time they automatically renewed our contract for another year. We called them about this to explain the situation and its impact on our cashflow, but again they wouldn't budge.