ITVsexist advert

M

I ordered Kevin Trudeau's book "Weight Loss Secrets". At the time I called, I was offered 2 of his other books free with only a charge of $10. per book. I said "No" I didn't want them. I did agree to 3 months of magazines free---I canceled them yesterday. For 5 days, I have been trying to get a hold of ITV to get them to give me credit for the extra books, an RA number to return the "Weight Loss" book and to cancel the Natural Cures Newsletter. At one of the tries I was put on hold for 30 minutes and got tired of it (this is what they wanted, I'm sure).

How do I get them to talk to me about the extra charges, the RA number to return the book and also to cancel "Natural Cures Newsletter"? The call has resulted in their asking for my customer number on my invoice. I never did get an invoice. After weeks of waiting, the books just arrived.

Beware!

Mr Cooper Jan 13, 2015

I am absolutely disgusted with the recent episodes of Emmerdale.The sexual content and innuendo has no place in tea time viewing, everyone involved with Emmerdale should be ashamed of themselves.

• Al
    Allah harvey Oct 23, 2014

Hello there, I am writing to you to tell you that I'm not liking how emerdale was filmed on tonight's show. It's to fast, you can not see what is going on. Also I do not like the storyline with charity my brother and sister are watching this and she's drunk and locked away in a shed please do something about it thanks.

• Ke
    kevin turner Apr 18, 2014

I want to complain about the fire and how de clan and charity is getting away with it I hope they are proud of teaching children to comit crime and get away with it what about the victims I say take emmerdale off air for good I hope other viewers agree with me after all children follow soaps and cope it

• Da
    Dawn Hewitt Jan 17, 2014

The script writers have got it so wrong in this idiotic and bang out of order storyline.1) How dare they pick on the most vulnerable couple in the village who are a great example to people all over, they love each other and are kind and work hard . Use that as an example, don't destroy it...2) The Yorkshire police must be fuming to be portrayed as bumbling idiots, AGAIN !3) There has been too much violence, and law breaking for a village that has no more than 20 houses in it. Get it back to before, get rid of those new script writers, who seem to be able to write one type of storyline, criminally based. .Get the humour and more realistic, gentle story lines back in. I stopped watching Eastenders for this reason and I have been watching Emmerdale when it was Farm and had Joe, Sam, granddad etc. in.

• Di
    Dizzyblonde Jan 15, 2014

I am upset at the story line that is going on at the moment with poor old Sam and Rachael, being set up by Charity and Declan.What has happened to forensics as if surely if the jumper in question would have had more fibres than poor Sams and also it was in the washing basket at the time Charity was there with Lisa.So please writers lets see a bit more reallity in the programme and Declan and Charity get their comuppance.I used to enjoy watching Emmerdale when it was called the FARM but now its more like Coronation Strret and Eastenders which i dont watch anymore.If these story lines dont change for the better then this will be the last time i will watch this so called programme.

• Go
    Gordon Banks Dec 23, 2013

I enjoy watching Emmerdale but the ongoing clergy story is beyond belief and does not even come anywhere close to reality. It is utter nonsense and shows that someone has not even bothered to ask some very basic questions. For example a new vicar is never appointed by a previous one. The closest this could come to be reasonable would be if the Church was an Independent Chapel, but then we wouldn’t have a bishop involved.

• De
    Debbie Hill Oct 17, 2013

I want to complain about emmerdale the currant storyline is disgusting its teaching people to kill and its too vilant and its on too early as kids could see that think this program should be took off now
    from Debbie Hill

• Su
    Susan Munn May 18, 2013

Can you tell me why when Zoe the vet went into the surgery to look for drugs to use as painkillers on the shelf were Locec which are used for heartburn in humans why are they on a vets shelf what are they used for?

• Tr
    tractor tom Dec 27, 2012

I just watched the episode where Camerons van got burned out. His van is a volswagon the van that was burned out was an iveco. Why is this if ye are going to burn out a van. Why don`t ye burn out his proper van not an old cheap second hand van. I`m very unhappy about this whole situation.

• Ta
    tash30 Jul 03, 2012

i just at to write as i have been an avid fan of emmerdale for sometime now but am now dissapointed of the whole ashley story line. yes i understand the story line needs to be shown but come on things are getting a bit out of line. i think the whole thing is over dramatic and needs to come to an end!!

mr martin Dec 11, 2011

no rugby on tv all on sky what do we get 1 hour of high lights and yet it is you who are at every game .you have all the itv channels on sky no so why don, t you put it on one of the not the hd ones ?

• Pa
    p&j sayner Jan 03, 2011

most people do not want to see gay kissing and stuff of either homos or lesbians never mind corrupting young children the soaps are going to far and i hope they lose loads of viewers

• Co
    coley12 Dec 14, 2010

I am complaning that you are making a big deal of having a down syndrome child i find it sick it is horrible i dont know weather i am going to watch emmerdale no more i find the director sick!!

• St
    Steve Norris Dec 12, 2010

Totally agree with comments so far. Many viewing would have been family audiences, we were watching with 8 year old grandson and 13 year old grandaughter.We are no prudes but the content was totally inappropriate for this time of night. The provocative and suggestive dancing from people who are looked up to as role models by our youngsters flies in the face of attempts to curb the liberal sexual attitudes that exist today and the problems this brings.
    Steve Norris

• Po
    pobarjenkins Dec 12, 2010

If you are worried about certain things on television affecting your children, I recommend pre-screening programming beforehand to make sure that it lives up to your standards.

• Ag
    agnesolden Dec 11, 2010

Totally agree my we were watching this in absolute disbelief, and yes we should have switched it off, but why on earth would anyone expect such blatant sexual perfomances with scantily clad top stars allowed on screen during one of the most family orientated shows, all of our grandchildren are glued to the screen, what sort of messages are they getting from this! Isn't it about time television programmers were brought under control, whats next ? girating naked !!! what happened to the watershed ??

• Ph
    philwlk Dec 11, 2010

I am agreement with this comment. Both performances were unsuitable for the expected audience of the X Factor - especially for the final weekend which attracts huge numbers of young people. When Simon Cowell et al make such a big deal of contestants being good role models, perhaps they need to reflect the same standards in the acts they allow to appear on the show.

• Wo
    womack Dec 11, 2010

What the hell were ITV bosses thinking tonight by showing such provocative acts by both Christina Aguilera and Rhianna?? I didn't know where to look with both my 12 year old and nine year old in the room- This is not family viewing and not what I want my young girls to see as role models- way too much flesh on show. I agree- TONE IT DOWN!!!

• Darkcepheus Dec 11, 2010

I'm sitting here at 8.45pm with my wife and six year old child watching the X factor, there has just been two acts where the singer Rhianna has during her first song been wearing near on nothing in the way of clothes, that i thought was pushing the boundaries, as it was obvious that she was not wearing underwear, then in her next song she pretty much stripped down to nothing, and moving in such a manner that i can only describe as "Air F$$King", then to top that the next act, "Christina Aguilera" was also dancing near enough naked, and surrounded by Six very under dressed pole dancers, dancing as if i where standing in a strip joint paying for such an act, if i where in a strip joint then fine, on TV during prime time showing, with my son watching the last thing i want to see on the box is a bunch of under dressed slags, pole dancing on chairs, this act belittles and cheapens women, bringing women down to the status of Meir sexual objects, this is unnecessary on prime time TV, its not easy to teach kids that women are more than sex objects that are to be treated equally and respectfully, i wouldn't want to see men dancing in such a manner with so few clothes on, in fact i know that such an act would not be performed on TV at such a time, as this too would stir a hornets nest, belittling men and rightly so, so why disgrace women to younger viewers.
    Its disrespectful, unnecessary, and too early to be aired, i am not amused, sort it out.
    If i want strip club, then that is where i would go to see such an act, i don't want it on the TV when my son is watching, thanks! And no I'm not gay, it was just inappropriate for this time of night

• Ho
    holygirl Dec 11, 2010

I wish to make a complaint about tonight's X factor ( Saturday 11th Dec 2010).

My husband and I have a 9 year old daughter and we are all big fans.It is one show we always feel we can sit down and watch together as a family and there is very few of those. However tonight proved very uncomfortable. I realise both Rhianna and Christian Aguilera have provocative images and personas but very strongly feel that their costummes and routines were unnecessarily so tonight.

This is marketed as a family show and being what it is a certian amount of 'sex' is expected but this was nothing but vulgar.

I do not know how much control is actually held over such superstars but really think that semi naked females and sexually charged dance routines should not be aired in such a show.

• Da
    Dad Nick Dec 11, 2010

I agree entirely that Rhianna and Christina Aguilera (and their backing performers) were dressed in an over-sexual way for a family show. There is to much pressure on young kids nowadays already without adding to it. I only hope that all who agree will let ITV know what they think.

• Zi
    zilty Dec 11, 2010

I am shocked at the performances shown on xfactor tonight by Rihanna and Christina Aguliera. Does ITV not realise the agegroup that are wathching this programme not suitable for before the 9 o clock watershed. Both artists should have been required to tone it down!

MrsWannerton Sep 24, 2010

FAO ITV

I AM ABSOULTELYYYYYYYYYY DISCUSTED THAT YOU CAN SHOW SUCH SICK VIOLENCE WITH REGARDS TO THE DOG SCENE ON EMMERDALE!!!

The episode of the thugs dog covered in blood getting in the car has physically made me vomit all night. How could you show such things on a family show?

Let me explain further... I am a dog owner of a small puppy, also suffering with high anxiety. I fear walking my dog in the park on a daily basis, for the very concern of my pup being attack by another dog! Are you trying to make me agoraphobic? A show like Emmerdale is a FAMILY show and has basically put the idea out there to real life thugs and bullies to get a big intimidating dog, encouraging such acts! That show has left me sick to the stomach and unable to sleep. I am 30 years old and reduced to tears so god knows how many child viewers have reacted to that scene! It doesn't have to be graphic to leave people with nightmares.

I am beyond furious that such a disturbing storyline has been aired and will no longer be watching the programme.

Mrs Wannerton

Mrs Lynn Dale May 12, 2010

I am complaining about all the drinking in emmerdale every time i watch it if there not in the pub drinking ale there in the house drinking wine ever likely there is a lot of alcoholics

• Pe
    Peter McDonald Apr 16, 2010

Please stop showing 2 gay men kissing it disgust me I'll never watch it again if you kept on showing it

• Pe
    Peter McDonald Apr 16, 2010

Please stop showing 2 gay men kissing it disgust me if you kept on showing it I'll never watch it again

Marjorie Weir Mar 15, 2010

I am not happy with Friday 12ths episode to do with Tootsie, I am an animal lover and have two dogs off my own, but this episode made me so angry, if it was crackpot, neurotic sally that took wee tootsi that was thrown from the car, it really upset me and made me feel sick as you should know that these type of situations happen in real life and with you showing that it made it look as if you were saying it is okay to do this, I found it so upsetting and I was disgusted.
    I personnally think you have lost the plot with your story lines, please get the dog situation sorted out because if I watch it tonight and Tootsi is dead, I will totally do my nut withyou.
    I love Emmerdale and have been watching it from the very start but I am getting sick off some of the horrible storylines, it was the same with Eastenders when poor Willard was locked in a cupboard, I lost the plot with that as well.
    Stop using children and animals for your storylines.

From Marjorie Magullian, Glasgow, Scotland

• Br
    bramiller Feb 26, 2010

I have watched Emmerdale for the last 30 years, and have hardly missed an episode. I am complaining about the episodes shown on February 25th, in which you have shown BLACK PEOPLE in a negative light yet again. Yes, a robber, kidnapper, crook. I have longed so much to see blacks in my favourite show, even though it would be rear to see a black family in those parts; but there are some that do live in villages and remote areas who are not dysfunctional, bent coppers, fiesty barmaid, factory workers and Rodney's helper.
    It is quite unrealistic to have sharma and sharma sweet factory in a quiet quaint village. Hotten would be a better location.

There are many black christians; you have a village church!? Black people can sing/entertain; you have a pub!? Many blacks are highly educated.

I hope to see better storylines for blacks or maybe you should just pretend that we do'nt exist.

I am very disappointed and may stop watching soaps completely, rather than resort to eastenders or corry.
    Pauline

• Is
    isabel reid Dec 17, 2009

17/12/oo9.

After reading about a forthcoming episode of Emmerdale where Debbie will burn the bag of money which Cain extorted from the "Kings" I find repulsive. In this disastrous credit crunch year, surely the writers could have thought of a better way to deal with this rather boring predictable line. The character could have stuffed the money into envelopes and posted it to various small charities, or to people in desperate need.
    Perhaps more believable the writers could have taken into account the "victims " of the crime...i e the Kings themselves...and a form of justice given to them with the return of the remaining money.

If Debbie is trying to bring her parents together there must be many other ways of doing it and not through this method. Perhaps you can come up with a second scenario...that it was only a top layer of money and the bag was filled with paper rubbish...But to burn it is an abhorrent way of getting rid of it.
    Not well Done.., scriptwriters.
    Your rubbish plots are becoming too bizarre...i.e Is Aaron struggling with homosexual tendencies, another worn out plot... which the viewers do not need to be put through again. Leave the character alone...obnoxious... loudmouthed...yes - slightly troubled...but definitely very attractive to some females.
    Try dealing with deeper issues... Colostomy for example...when Diane had hers it was literally swept under the table...this operation affects patients in ways you cannot imagine.
    Contact the... Colostomy Assoc. for further info.

One last point I have watched Emmerdale from the first episode.

Yours sincerely,
    Isabel Reid. ( Mrs)

9, Meadowbank Gardens.
    Wellbank. Angus.
    Scotland. [protected].

chrissy61 Nov 09, 2009

why do people watch this ###? i'm disappointed that there are so many brain-dead individuals who sit watching this excrement. get out there and do something in your community. or are you addicted to sitting on your fat ### stuffing your faces with fast food and watching mindless tv..??

• Re
    red_hot_violinist Nov 09, 2009

Simon Cowell should be ashamed of himself. He's been banging on about it being a singing competition and John & Edward can't sing (Cowell's words) and then he chooses Lucie Jones to go home instead??

For the record, I would buy Lucie Jones' records. Should John & Edward win, I will never watch the show again. I have watched the X-Factor from the beginning and always voted. I am a die-hard X-Factor fan and I am losing all faith in the whole thing as a result of last night's broadcast. I may just switch off right now in protest.

• Gr
    Gromit Nov 08, 2009

I have never felt compelled to complain about a tv show (due to the fact that I have a life!) up until now. Having just watched X Factor I find myself livid that I pay an extortionate amount for my TV licence considering the, quite frankly, crap fare on offer yet I choose to watch aforementioned show as I believed it was entertaining and encouraged British talent. I find myslf sorely mistaken, I thought I was watching (and paying for) a singing talent competition yet I find myself watching a show which is completely fixed in order, not to nurture talent, but to increase the money in Simon Cowell's already sizeable pockets. I have always admired Mr Cowell believing him to have an eye for talent and if said talent was not obvious then telling it like it was and ejecting the act from what is deemed to be a singing competition. I have heard the 'gossip' that the program is fixed in order, not to find talent, but to win headlines but foolishly thought that it was sour grapes yet I knew that when 'Jedward' and Lucy found themselves in the bottom two tonight Cowell would put it to the public vote because he knew that those talentless nonentities 'Jedward' would have the bigger public vote. He is knowingly rejecting a cracking vocalist in favour of front page headlines therefore proving that the show is not about talent but about contraversial pocket lining. It is making a mockery of the show, if I wanteed to watch talentless plums then I would watch Britains Got Talent where I expect to see idiots making a fool of themselves in the name of 'entertainment'. Stop taking the viewing public (who, lets face it, pay your wages Mr Cowell and ITV) for fools and give us want we want, decent, honest family entertainment which is the least we deserve.

Sam Lenton Nov 08, 2009

This is true John and Edward cannot sing at all. X Factor is a singing competition so why are they even in it? I now think that it is a total fix for ratings. Louis should not be allowed to judge anymore if this is the standard of act that gets through.

anoid Nov 08, 2009

Tonight Simon Cowell showed us what a con the X Factor is. The programme is no longer about discovering and developing genuine British talent - it is about making more money for Simon Cowell and his company. Clearly by keeping in John and Edward his show and the X Factor website will get more media coverage, which will convert to free publicity and better bargaining power for future shows and advertising revenue.

I my friends and my family have discussed this and have decided not to take part in this con anymore - we will not watch the show, visit the websites or take part in X Factor voting anymore. I hope enough other people boycott the show too and show that conning the public is unacceptable.

In relation to the programme's "process". There are so many possible reasons why Lucie ended up in the bottom two. Perhaps people thought she was safe because she did such a great job on Saturday and received the best feedback from the judges; perhaps teenage girls were jealous of her; or perhaps they would simply rather vote for the cute boy singers regardless of singing talent. However, I thought the point of the sing-off was for the judges to act as guardians of talent and provide a safety net for the better singers who simply had bad luck that week. If Simon has decided to go to deadlock week after week, there is no point in having a sing-off. The public are being mislead.

• Lu
    Luke050 Nov 08, 2009

I think it's disgusting how John And Edward have been put through on the X Factor against a girl who can clealry sing very well. Simon has been moaning about how much he dislikes the, then he puts them through when he had the power to make them leave. Louis should not be allowed to judge after putting them through. He goes on about how entertaining they are. Louis needs to understand that X Factor is a competitive show on the standard of peoples singing. John And Edward cannot sing so they should leave.

• Rh
    Rhys_Squeeky Nov 08, 2009

I'm so annoyed at the choice to keep the twins in. Xfactor is so fixed and it's gone too far now. I am unbelievably angry right now! People have been conned out of a chance of winning this competition. I'm disgusted.

• De
    denzyron Nov 08, 2009

We think the x factor is rigged as the most talented of the bottom two always go home. we think they are doing it to boost ratings with all the media attention and therefore we will not be watching any more!!!

Sam145 Aug 30, 2009

the way the itv commentators went on and on about eduardos dive they just couldnt wait to be biased against arsenal. such poor poor commentary please change the commentators they are putting of viewers. whilst iff it was rooney then they wouldnt have even mentioned it. its a disgrace.

• Mc
    m cooper Mar 31, 2009

i am wriing to complain about the lose of picture i am getting.it is everyday and not getting any better.changing to digital was supposed to be straight forward but is now a nightmare.i know there isn't much i can do but inform you of my disapointment of the service i am now receiving.

your cincerly

m cooper

• Je
    jenny stanley Mar 23, 2009

whats happened to corrie!!!? the story lines have gone to pot recently.