iTeach Texasunethical behavior

T

I had completed my online coursework with iteachtexas, passed my certification testing which I paid for myself and was hired by a district for a teaching position. I began having some health issues and contacted the district and iteachtexas for assistance. The district in which I was hired was willing to work with me and allowed me to use my days and the sick bank days until I recovered (August, 2016).

However, Mr.Rozell, of iteachtexas refused to come to a resolution of the problem WITH me & the district and told me to resign my teaching position. I had submitted medical documentation which indicated in bold letters that I needed to be off for an extended period of time. Mr. Rozell indicated that the document was not sufficient enough for him and his organization. I was told by Mr. Rozell that I was lying about my condition because I did not want the position. Pure nonsense on his behalf.
In the meantime, I was in the process of getting a second medical opinion. Mr. Rozell demanded more documentation and stated that if I didn't submit the required documentation that I would never teach in the State of Texas again and would be sued for remaining balance of my tuition. It was a week before I received the documentation. By that time, I received an e-mail from an attorney on behalf of iteachtexas located in Dallas, Texas stating that I was being sued.I was dismayed.

How am I supposed to pay for tuition if I was forced to resign from a position I truly wanted? Iteachtexas is a rip-off. They are very rude and are only in business to take individuals money and to purposefully set individual up so they won't be able to successfully complete the program.I feel as though I wasted my time, money and still cannot fulfill my lifelong dream of becoming a teacher.

Please stay away from iteachteach if YOU want to teach in the state of Texas or any other state iteachtexas supposedly conducts their business activities.

RESOLVED

After a post/email was made by program director, the matter is being resolved. A miscommunication occurred between myself and those involved. Please remove the complaint. Thank You!

• iTeach's response · Dec 08, 2016

Ms. Kirkwood - We treat each resignation on a case by case basis and we are willing to work with all our candidates. We understand that each resignation is unique and it is our desire to find the best possible resolution. In review of your file, based upon your submitted resignation letter, I show you resigned your teaching position voluntarily based upon an illness and work conditions. While you did provide an initial note from your Orthopedic Surgeon you did not provide anything more relating to your medical issues that lead to your resignation. To date, you have not provided the requested documentation of a medical condition for iteachTEXAS to review. Between September 1 and October 31, 2016, I contacted you six times asking for additional information relating to your case but you were unresponsive. Due to your lack of communication along with the the lack of payment for the services rendered to you, ie, all instructional coursework - your file was made inactive. Tina, we are always willing to work with our candidates and do have a formal appeal and complaint process but it is imperative that all documentation is received in a timely manner. If you would like to submit an appeal, our Advisory Board is happy to review and assess your program participation. You are welcome to contact our office or reply to the emails that I have sent to you. Zach Rozell

• Rh
    Rhonda Schuster Fowler Mar 28, 2019

Want to be teachers beware of Iteach. I initially felt empowered by their curriculum, but in retrospect, it’s the same cookie cutter, readily available teacher wanna be teacher stuff you can buy at any bookstore. However, iteach is grossly negligent, in their failure to comply with the legal requirements of field experience. Hello TEA, where are you? For sure you are where you never have to answer your phone, one of the perks provided because you work for Goliath, the government.