Iowa Steak Companysteak/chicken

R

I purchased 2 cases of steak and 2 boxes of chicken from Rachel at Iowa Steak Company in Myrtle Beach, SC. She informed me at the time that regardless of the 3 business day cancellation policy on the invoice, that if I was not satisfied, she would take care of the matter and issue a refund. After trying a few of the steaks, I was very unhappy with the quality of the meat. One steak even tasted sour. I called Rachel and she informed me that she would talk to the manager about a refund and return my call. I questioned her regarding this procedure since SHE was the one who assured me that SHE would make good on this purchase if I was not satisfied. She also denied that she ever told me that she would give me a refund. She never called me back and I was unable to reach her after this conversation.
Unfortunately, I took her at her word. DO NOT! Now, I have cases of steaks/chicken that I cannot eat. I spent $360.00 on food that I will never eat!!! BEWARE CUSTOMER. TRY THE PRODUCT FIRST!!!

• Mb
    MBBeachBum Nov 21, 2015

BAD STEAKS- SAME SALES PERSON-RACHEL

MYRTLE BEACH RESIDENTS BEWARE!!!

Hello,

I purchased TWO 2.5lb boxes of boneless beef filet from your representative Rachel in Myrtle beach when she came to my home to solicit her business. The representative was polite and courteous, and I even told her I would refer business to her if I liked her product line. I just cooked four of the steaks having guests over, and they were HORRIBLE!!!
    Completely full of fat and grizzle and tendon like tissue inside the meat. Was this even a filet I was sold, or some other cut cleverly disguised to be sold as a file? I have owned, operated, and managed restaurants and know my meat products, and yours is garbage. I expect a phone call and a full refund. You may pick up these steaks should you choose to at my house. Let me know what day you will come and i’ll leave your garbage out by the curb join a plastic bag.

I have never been so disappointed in a product that calls themselves “Gourmet” in my life. I have purchased from Omaha, and Pat LaFrieda for years and NEVER had one single issue with any of there products.

I kindly request that you contact me to resolve this matter promptly.

Should I not hear back from you in two business days I will register a complaint with the department of consumer protection, contact the local health department, and convey my displeasure on any and all review sites I can find online.