Int*idprotect Mntr SvcUnauthorized Withdrawal

J

On 5/31/2009 an unauthorized debit was taken from my credit card. This company showed up as INT*IDPROTECT MNTR SVC and charged $19.99. The catagory was UTILITIES. I never authorized such a transaction.

• Ph
    philomena nwokey Jun 07, 2011

to whom it my concern
    please cancel my services, i have been billed 3 times already and don't know why. this was supposed to be a one time deal.

• Ra
    randy s Mar 22, 2011

TOTAL scam!!! Extremely misleading. I called them for a refund and woman in customer service said "No way, we are unable to process any refunds", that is until I said "OK, no problem, I'll reach out to the attorney generals office as I suspect they can assist". She promptly refunded the 3 months of charges!

• In
    Intelius_Customer_Support Jul 08, 2010

Please call [protected] Monday – Friday 5am – 8pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Un
    Unlimited Apr 17, 2010

I just got hit for the first time. I am making copies of all of the complaints on this website and making a formal complaint to the state.

I will go to the Bank as well, but the Attorney General will bring charges against the company.

I would recommend that everyone who was a victim contact the Attorney General. If enough of them are contacted, then they will get other agencies involved and arrest them as well file a law suit.

• Pp
    ppppoff Mar 26, 2010

INT IDPROTECT MNTR SVC I was charged 2 times 19.95 from this company and it over drafted my account. so I called the company and was preparing for a big fight with them but got a girl and she said that I could talk to a supervisor and told the woman what happened and she said that I would get a full refund with in 10 business days will let everyone know what happens. hope that they really do refund my money. has any else had this told to them and if so did they get thier money back.

• Pr
    prisrb1987 Mar 26, 2010

I don't remember what this order was for. Can you investigate this and let me know. Thanks

• Fp
    F Powell Mar 20, 2010

$19.95 charge appeared on my mastercard statement without previous contact or my approval.

• Mh
    MHancock Mar 20, 2010

I bought a 95 cent version of a person-finder program called Intelius, but that is all I authorized was the 95 cents. Now this different company, INT*IDPROTECT MNTR SVC, has charged on my card and I have not authoized it.

charles mangum Mar 18, 2010

THIS Bogus or some kind of a scam

can you refund. ASAP.

charles mangum Mar 18, 2010

I never ask to be charged for something ;I dont know anything about. So please refund my money back into my account.

• Th
    thxios Mar 01, 2010

charged for services that I never asked or subscribed for.

• Cc
    ccb16 Feb 10, 2010

Call them, give them some [email protected]#t and you will get your money back.

• Me
    Memo Mex Feb 03, 2010

I was searchig for a friend and got the same charge from INT*IDPROTECT MNTR SVC
    of $19.95.

I had talked with a customer representative from Intelius and canceled the monthly charge, unfortunately I live in Mexico and deceptively believe that won't recover my money.

Memo

• He
    HeatherHedrick Jan 30, 2010

So I called [protected] and spoke with a guy for about 8 minutes saying that I want my money back (I was billed 2 payments of 19.99 in 1 month), he kept repeating and repeating that he didn't have the authority to refund my money. FINALLY, I told him that if he couldn't do it, then my next step was to contact the corporate officers, providing THEM with my problem and the names of the representatives that said I couldn't have my money back (including the rep I was just talking to), and he totally switched gears on me and was all like, "Well, hold on and let me get someone to give me authorization to refund your money, " then he came back after about 25 seconds of me waiting and said he refunded the last payment.

HAHA! Wow really? Guess you just have to be a little rude and forceful to get what you want.

• He
    HeatherHedrick Jan 29, 2010

I had the same charges twice in a month. I did use the ONE TIME TRIAL of 95 cents, but never did I agree to 2 charges of 19.99. I called the place and the representative said that I clicked a button and agreed to get more information, costing the 19.99 charge. I told her I NEVER clicked that and I don't want to be charged anymore and that I want my money back, and she said she can only cancel the charges, not refund my money. This is ridiculous and I intend on writing a letter to the corporate officers. Anyone else had good luck getting their money back??

• Lj
    ljack Jan 24, 2010

I pulled up my bank account information this evening and noticed there is this unauthorized charge suddenly appearing from my mastercard cash card. Never dealt with this company or have I spoken to them or given out my card information. They are commiting illegal charges and need to be stopped.

• Du
    DupedbyInellusscammers Jan 24, 2010

OK. To any who defended these scammers, go take a hike. People should be clear in their advertising of what you are signing up for. As evidenced by all the poeple here who saavy enough to notice the charges but were duped by the way things were packaged. People are willing to pay a dollar or so for them to access their database and give them some information, but do not want a $20 recurring charge and I agree.

Same thing happened to my wife, she was looking a number up and thought she was very careful in making sure she hadn't signed up for anything, but the deceptive way this was put forth resulted in a charge on our card as well. I'm not happy that people can get away with things like this. We're going to try calling them tomorrow and see how responsive they are.

• Ho
    holly and joel Jan 21, 2010

i can not believe this, i too am having the same problem as well as with another called clubb, which i never heard of. help what can i do

sarabohac Jan 17, 2010

ten charges... be sure to go back a few months... just saw it on this months statement... just to check and went back 4 months worth of charges!

• Sl
    sloanlo Jan 17, 2010

The company is Intellius.com. I am in the same boat – this is infuriating. Their 800 # is [protected]

• Et
    etellaeche Jan 14, 2010

They have been charging into my credit card without my authorization. ALready 6 charges in less than one month.

• Pi
    pipper Jan 04, 2010

I finally got through, but getting a refund is impossible with these people.

SatisfiedGal Dec 29, 2009

I just called them, was very nice, and they reversed one of the charges, and canceled any future charges. I think I only had 2 months of charges on there, so half is ok with me as long as I don't have to worry about any more future charges. I would have tried to get more reversed, but I knew that might be more hassle than it was worth, and the guy on the phone was friendly enough and spoke English and was American...so that alone left me satisfied! Sorry anyone else has hassles with this company :(

• Yn
    Ynarvaez Dec 29, 2009

I have done so much business over the holidays, that I am not sure of the source. I have reseaserched an individual, declined numerous offers for credit cards that may or may not have clicked properly, and requested a free credit report(WITH A FREE TRIAL, WHICH IS A JOKE AS IT IS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL. THE IMPRESSION OF CANCELATION IS GIVEN, WHAT SHOULD BE GIVEN IS A RECEIPT OF CANCELATION OR E-MAIL

• Da
    DaleDuchampKing Dec 20, 2009

I too have 2 of these charges on my account one for November and one for December

• Bd
    BDUBS246 Dec 10, 2009

They charged 19.95 from my checking account 10-22-09 I just noticed the charge and canceled my credit card today. I have not had any contact with this company. They stole my credit card number from somewhere

yes --jbm1784 same thing happened to me, have not even used that credit card for sometime so when my monthly billing came in the mail that CHARGE jumpped right our at me. the credit card comp said they have removed it AT MY REQUEST from my bill --what i can't figure out is how it got on there in the first place. ALL I CAN SAY IS CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT BILLING EACH MONTH -----CAREFULLY !!!----------------------

• Fm
    fmwr Nov 28, 2009

i see this charge for the first time and agree with everyone else. now what do i do???? frances.

Magdalena 14 Nov 24, 2009

I too woke up to find this bogus charge of 19.99 on my account this morning and until reading some of these complaints had no idea where they got my information I did use the itellus to get a phone number so that must be how they got my information...I just called them [protected] and as soon as I mentioned this page and that I would be calling the Better Business Bureau they refunded my money. I missed that they had charged me last month as well and even offered that up so it is worth the call. Good luck everyone. TKD

JamesKing Nov 21, 2009

Unauthorized Charge to my Credit Card

All this has been going on in my account without my knowledge until i tried to use my card and see all these pending charges and attempts.
    11/20/2009

I paid for this only -
    Utilities Posted -$0.99
    11/17/2009
    INTELIUS-INTELIUS.COM

Please! This needs to stop immediately. I do not want nor did i ask for these other services.I also would like to know how to remove my account and delete my profile which i cant seem to be able to do either.Thank You
    Sincerly, James King

• Ba
    Barbara LaReau Nov 15, 2009

charge for "identity theft" taken from my bank account

• Sb
    SBAY Nov 10, 2009

I have the same problem. My bank gave me the phone number. Call [protected] for ID Protect and if you have MVQ*ValuMax call [protected]. It is a part of Intellis service that is used for background information. It may have happened during some POP UP mess that occured. Call them for a refund, it may not be a full refund but you will get something back, keep a check on your account for future issues such as this.

• Ai
    aii Nov 08, 2009

Can anyone help me? I also experienced the same thing where my account is been hacked and they took my money. i have the 19.95 charge from INT IDPROTECT MNTR S and also have a charge from TWENTY4PROPLU for 24.95!!!Is there any actions that I can take to prevent this from happening again????I'm tooo sick of this problem.

• Rv
    Rvgal Nov 05, 2009

I, too, used Intelius.com to look up a phone number. I looked up ONE number but got charged .95 twice. I overlooked that, but now I've been charged $19.95 for some sort of ID protection that I do not want !
    Thankfully, I can dispute it thru my discover card and will have the charge reimbursed, hopefully.
    BEWARE OF INTELLIUS.COM. They are not reputable or honest !

• Ko
    KomarHeo Oct 31, 2009

The company shown INT*IDPROTECT MNTR SVC charged $19.95. I never authorized such a transaction.
    I would be appreciate if someone suffered the same victim, please advise me to take a properly action and provide the real name of this company.

• Co
    [email protected] Oct 25, 2009

1. Written by William Restis, on [protected]:05

Our law firm is Plaintiffs' counsel in a class action lawsuit filed against Intelius and their partners in the Central District of California. If you have information you would like to share, or to assist in the prosecution of this case, you can contact me at:

William R. Restis, Esq.

Fax: [protected]

email: [email protected]actionlaw.com

• Co
    [email protected] Oct 25, 2009

Used INTELIUS SEARCH services to help family members track down a long lost relative. USED SERVICE ONLY ONCE. DID NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY ADDITIONAL SERVICES. Exactly 1 week later, they claim I requested their IDENTITY PROTECT SERVICES, which I DID NOT. In fact, they state I signed up for the service on 20 OCT at 11 AM, precisely when I was making a 4 1/2 hour drive, and no access to the internet (nor did I call them).

I have now spent over an HOUR trying to locate the option to CANCEL SERVICES on their website. Their own directions on how to unsubscribe are BOGUS and misleading.

Plus, I cannot cancel my initial account (from my only authorized purchase), there is no option to cancel provided.

On my account, AFTER CANCELLING MY IDENTITY PROTECT that I NEVER ORDERED, it states I will be BILLED AGAIN 20 NOV!!! EVEN THOUGH I JUST CANCELLED THAT ACCOUNT!

So, clearly, the account NEVER ACTUALLY CANCELS.

I will now have to cancel my credit card - which is outrageous since my deployed spouse will now not have a creidt card for any emergency needs (he travels weekly)!!!

Isn't this THEFT??? I feel like I should call the police!!!

My Monday will be spent trying to get my bank to (a) prevent future charges, (b) cancelling my credit card, and (c) contacting this bogus company, which I'm sure will be fruitless.

Looking for any class action suits against INTELIUS.

• Ll
    lloyd44057 Oct 24, 2009

They charges $19.95 per month for three months and I never authorized it.

• Mi
    Michael L. Benedict Oct 23, 2009

for the 3rd time this group has charged against my checking account after I have explicetly mtold them that I wished to cancel my membership. can you help me get through to them that I do not want to subscribe to them any longer?

• Do
    downeast_de Oct 15, 2009

Unauthorized charges from INT*IDPROTECT MNTR SVC on my credit card. Want to be reimbursed!