International Marine & Auto Investment, Inc.Please stay away

B

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do business with this company. They don't care about you, they only care about taking your money and then when they get caught, they try to blame YOU for their shoddy business practices. Thank God I kept good records, i.e., certified return receipt notices, copies of all correspondence to them and bank records. The owner signs his name to cash your check and guess what?

The payment is not made to your financial institution. Talk about FRAUD! They will use your money for everything but the intended purpose, then when the bank reposesses your property, they try to blame YOU for it. They ruined my credit with the late payments they made to the bank, and now the bank has reposessed the property. Don't think this company will treat you w/dignity or respect. The person who bought my motorhome was a cancer patient who was using this as her home so she could receive treatments at a hospital out of state. They took her $14, 000, her monthly payments to them and didn't make the payments. As of July 2nd my bank hadn't rec'd. a payment in 88 days, even though they had the money. Month after month my statements showed that they were not making the payments. Their contract states that payments be sent to Great Oaks Asset Management, who is suppose to forward your payments, and to add injury to insult, I was paying them their contract fee of $100 per month to manage this account. The only good thing that came out of this situation is that I have met a fine wife and husband whom I am sure I will stay friends with for a long time. I am a widow, and as desperate as I thought my situation was, I regret the day I ever signed a contract with these people. Heed the comments on these boards and then ask yourself if you really want to be associated with a company who has no values and preys on people in need!

More International Marine & Auto Investment, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Harry Jul 25, 2008

I am having the same problem with this company and it is getting worst. It started with payments being a week or two late now they are up to a month late. I will be talking with a lawer soon. Do not trust this company!!! I REPEAT DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!! Don't make the same mistake I made you will regret it.

• Mr
    mrssclancy Jul 25, 2008

If I hadn't been wronged and our home repossessed, then I would have never had a reason to write in the first place. The owner claims the bank refused his payments, ironically though, he continued to take ours. He offered us the opportunity to have another motor home as resolution, but that seems like a mute point, the damage is pretty much done for me right now. How could I trust this wouldn't happen again.
    I am an actual person, not an ex employee, who underwent a series of invasive surgeries this year, and I am suppose to undergo more. I was suppose to be taking a break and visiting family, instead I am in a motel with my belongings in storage trying to find somewhere to live. I gain no gratification from being in such a situation, the stress has made me physically sick to my stomach. I am not the reason they lost their better business bureau standing or the right to have the logo on their website. This situation is costing my husband and myself a great deal of undue expense and distress at a time in our life it should be the least of our concerns. We went through the process of harassing phone calls and running scared wondering if and when they would find the motor home with our personal belongings. It's a situation that no person should go through. All I have remaining is my dignity, my freedom of speech, and the support of good people such as the seller who are helping to encourage me through this. I am merely stating my situation, it is up to a consumer to investigate and make an informed decision for themselves. My only purpose on this forum is to divulge what has happened to us, regardless of whether others have had good encounters, mine has been a nightmare. I will not be threatened or intimated to stop posting. I believe it is my right, and if one other benefits from our misfortune, then so be it.

Patrick Jul 29, 2008

Well no the people on here are not ex employees, we are just people that have been screwed out of their hard earned money due to a buisness that is not as honest as they tend to make everyone believe. as far David Grear is concerned he needs to take a good look at what he is saying, what a worthless piece of a person I have ever encountered. You had better be looking for another job because great oaks will not be around for long. you worthless piece of a sorry human being.

• Vi
    Viewer comment Jul 29, 2008

What could be derived from posting a situation such as what these people posted? There is no mention of a monetary request, and given the situation, the response received by David Grear is appalling.
    The question should be "Do you know these people, or what they have been through?" It seems to me if they were an ex employee trying to "bash" a company, they certainly wouldn't have placed so much conviction and facts in writing, even to go so far as stating this is just their situation. No where do I get the impression that they are being anything but forthcoming in their description of their own situation. This is after all a consumer complaint board, and it only reads as if that is what they are doing, as a consumer with a grievance. If David or Curt are employees trying to do damage control, then they look like they could be causing more harm then good with these type of comments.

Consumer Advocate Jul 30, 2008

It has been brought to my attention, that this companies clients are being told people posting on both this and pissed consumer are ex employees trying to create problems for this company. In response to what has been written by consumers on complaints board, there have been derogative comments regarding the posts as viewable on this page.

On the contrary, on a different page of this forum is this post,

19 hours 33 minutes ago by Harry [send email]

Talked with the Attorney General's office in Michigan today and they are very interested in talking with anyone that has had problems with International Marine & Auto Investment. They are building a case at this time, there number is [protected]

You are encouraged to check out the better business bureau standing in both Michigan and Florida, and can verify information with the Attorney Generals office in Michigan.

The postings you are reading are actual customers with verifiable complaints. The derogative comments posted appear an attempt to discredit their claim.

• Ar
    Ariane Lelha Jul 30, 2008

Dearest one greeting for today.

I am Miss Lelha Ariane Renee the only daughter of the late Mr Lelha Maguy Georges . My father was a trader of cocoa and owner of gold based in Abidjan, the economic capital of Cote d'Ivoire, he was poisoned by his associates in a business trip.

My mother died when I was still baby and since then my father took me with his load. Before the death of my father, in November 2006, in a private clinic here in Abidjan he revealed me that he has the sum of three million five hundred and thousand dollars USD ($ 3, 500.000) in a frozen account in a principal bank in Abidjan on my behalf, as his only daughter. He also explained me that it was because of this money that he was poisoned by he's associates of businesses. He then advice me to look for a foreign associate, in a country of my choice, who
    will help me to transfer this money outside of this country and will employ it in
    investments such as the management of real goods or the management of hotel.

I request your assistance for the following reasons:
    (1) to provide Me a bank account on which to transfer this money
    (2) to be used to Me as guard of these funds
    (3) to help Me to immigrate in your country with a certificate of residence so that I can continue my studies there.

I am willing to offer you 15% of all the sum which represents my heritage in compensation of your effort after the transfer of these funds on your account.
    Moreover, I am willing to receive your conditions to help me, I have faith that this transaction can be made as quickly as possible. I would like to have your point of view on the question according to your availability.

Thank you, that God blesses you immensely.
    Sincerely yours,

Miss Ariane Renee.

Consumer Advocate Jul 30, 2008

This looks so conspicuous. First the people who are posting are being demeaned, then encountering an incredible amount of spam, which takes somebody to enable the settings to approve them. Is somebody so desperate to stop them that they would take any attempt?

• Mr
    Mr.Mauris Bright Aug 01, 2008

GOOD DAY,

NOW WE HAVE ARRANGED YOUR PAYMENT OF ( USD$1.5m) ONE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS THROUGH SWIFT CARD PAYMENT CENTER ASIA PACIFIC, THIS CARD CENTER WILL SEND YOU AN ATM CARD WHICH YOU WILL USE TO WITHDRAW YOUR MONEY IN ANY ATM MACHINE IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD, BUT THE MAXIMUM IS TEN THOUSAND, UNITED STATES DOLLARS PER DAY.SO IF YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR FUND IN THIS WAY, KINDLY LET US KNOW BY CONTACTING ECOBANK ATM PAYMENT DEPARTMENT AND ALSO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS LISTED
    BELOW.

1.FULL NAME...
    2.ADDRESS WERE YOU WANT THEM TO SEND THE ATM CARD...
    3.PHONE AND FAX NUMBER...
    4.YOUR AGE AND CURRENT OCCUPATION...
    5.ATTACH COPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION...
    HOWEVER, KINDLY CONTACT THE BELOW PERSON WHO IS IN POSSITION TO RELEASE
    YOUR ATM PAYMENT CARD.

Mr.Mauris Bright,
    DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
    Eco Bank Jericho-Benin

THE ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTER HAS BEEN MANDATED TO ISSUE OUT YOUR PAYMENT AND YOU HAVE TO STOP ANY FURTHER COMMINUCATION WITH ANY OTHER PERSON(S) OR OFFICE(s) TO AVOID ANY HITCHES IN RECEIVING YOUR PAYMENT.NOTE THAT BECAUSE OF IMPOSTORS, WE HEREBY ISSUED YOU OUR CODE OF CONDUCT, WHICH IS (ATM-0411) SO YOU HAVE TO INDICATE THIS CODE WHEN CONTACTING THE CARD CENTER BY USING IT AS YOUR SUBJECT.
    REGARDS
    ANDREA FELIX

• Fr
    Fred Aug 01, 2008

Please Contact the Attorney generals office to help get this buisness from hurting any more people...

• Fr
    Fred Aug 01, 2008

Attorney generals office is [protected] Please file a complaint with them if you have had bad dealings with this company.

rvin64 Aug 05, 2008

My wife and I were researching options for getting rid of our current RV and came across this companies web site. Out of curiosity I began reading the consumer posts, did a little investigation, and came to the conclusion this would never be an option, even as a last resort. What I found interesting though is what was said on this page in particular. If these two guys David and Curt work for this company, is it that their boss has tried to pull the wool over their eyes, or does it just mean this company is a group of thugs, trying to hurt people who are down to get what they want? So much for that friendly customer service, we found it down right cruel.

Consuemr Advocate Aug 06, 2008

You are encouraged to check out the better business bureau website for both Michigan and Florida, or you can contact the Attorney Generals office in Michigan at [protected] to find out more information about the complaints filed against this company, or if you have one to file.

• Th
    Thanks Aug 06, 2008

If anyone is thinking of doing business with this company, please read past the spam that somebody posted on the site and read what the actual people have been saying.
    Take these peoples advise and check out the better business bureau, or call the attorney general office. I did, and I am thankful for it. I came across the sites from a search of the web.
    If you people hadn't posted your complaints, I never would have known about this company, or how to check on them.
    I'm old and maybe not so wise, but a bit wiser now, I feel like I may have just been saved from a future headache!

rvin64 Aug 07, 2008

Payments on my boat just started showing up later and later each month. I was told by the gal in the office that the payment was being sent out, but that is what I am told every time I call.
    I saw what these people wrote and called the Attorney General today….and he says that this company is in financial strains. Now I am more worried cause there are a lot of people already in the same ‘boat” as me.
    I just don’t want anybody giving them more money, they aren’t handling what they have very good!

• Wo
    Worried_buyer Aug 27, 2008

I agree 100% with everyone on this page, this company is a FRAUD!!! They promise the world and don’t deliver anything. They take money and bounce checks, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM call the Attorney General I just spoke with them today and their legal team is already gathering all of the information needed to put the owner behind bars and the company out of business.

They are liars and very dangerous, when I told them I would go to the cops they threatened me telling me I would "not want to go to their office alone"

They scammed me as a buyer and a seller, I also have my own attorney working on this case if anyone at all needs help getting money back from this guys please send me an email I WILL PAY for all ATTORNEYS expenses it will not COST YOU A DIME!! send me an email to [protected]@gmail.com we will look into each case, you will need to send all the contracts and necessary proofs of how much they owe and how many checks bounced and our attorneys will contact you back.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIS EMAIL - Delete names addresses etc.!!! After reviewing the info we will email you back with our Attorneys phone number so that you can send all of the information needed safely without any threats from this guys.

WE WILL TAKE THEM OUT OF BUSINESS EVEN IF I HAVE TO SPEND ALL OF MY MONEY!!! AND BELIEVE ME I HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY TO PLAY WITH!!!

• Sc
    screwed Sep 03, 2008

I can see this isn't going to end anytime soon, and that I am just on the bottem of the ladder when it comes to complaints.
    It's a lot of money being taken, without knowing where it is going.
    They do threaten, which accounts for the thug statement.
    Sick ###!

No thanks Sep 11, 2008

I got the phone calls, then did the research.
    What a sack of ###..
    they are everything and more what people here are saying. How sad!
    A whole lot of lingo, and nothing to back it up but complaints.
    They would have to kiss my ### a whole lot harder to get me to bite.

HAR Sep 12, 2008

I was about to send them $1, 000 for a boat in MD or PA. I am so glad for Google! I see now how they take property, money and credit ratings aways for both sellers and buyers. Curt was the 'Sales' person I have been talking to, therefore he is still there. I saw many complaints against both companies at BBB (MI) and email the Mich. AG's office. If only half of what I am reading is true, they should out of business!
    p.s. if the seller with the boat in MD (2005 Cruisers Yachts 280 CXI) or PA(2001 Bayliner Cierra 3055) are reading this email me, we will go to an attorney and get a real escrow company (3rd party) and be safer and happier!

HAR Sep 18, 2008

Thanks, just FYI. I just received a call from the Michigan AG’s office, I had requested any info about our friends at International Marine and…., and they have ‘scores of complaints, most are open’.
    The majority are related to…guess what… missing buyers money and payments not being made to the lender.
    SHOCK…SHOCK…SHOCK

Pat Ursomano Sep 24, 2008

Unfortunately I did not do my research as a buyer, and made the HUGE mistake of sending this company $1000 "good faith" deposit on a RV I was interested in. I couldn't come to terms with the owners of the coach, and asked International Marine to return my deposit. That was 6 weeks ago. The person I dealt with (Julie Jankowski) is now "no longer with the company". The person I was told to fax my refund request to (John Anthony) is "no longer with the company". I finally spoke to the owner (Chuck?) and was told I would get my deposit back when and if he felt like retuning it. I kid you not. At his point they do not return calls, sometimes they don't even answer the phone at all. I'm pretty sure they are keeping my money but I did contact the Michigan Attorney General and I am filing a complaint. For what it's worth...STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Pat Ursomano Sep 24, 2008

Does anyone know the full and true name of the owner (s) of International Marine? If so, please contact me as I am preparing to meet with a lawyer. And thanks.

• Ca
    c&j Sep 29, 2008

I gave these people $1, 000 and now I am reading all your comments. I am going to back out of the deal. I have not signed anything. Can your attorneys help me get back my money? Thanks
    A very upset person who thought they were going to buy a nice boat.

rvin64 Oct 15, 2008

I am sorry to hear about your misfortune when dealing with this company.
    You should be advised there are several cases against them already filed for much larger quantities of money, and by those attorneys figures maybe more then this company can afford to pay.
    I would encourage anyone who has a complaint to make sure they include a filing with the attorney general in Michigan at [protected]. They are also familiar with the owner and the current status of the company and can help you with names and status.
    They already have a special investigation unit and prosecutor working on this case, due to unresolved issues. Because of the quantity of suits against them, an attorney, unless he is completely familiar with this company, may not be a wise investment.
    This is just a cautionary note to anyone singularly wanting to retain a lawyer. Most circumstances, a single lawyer won’t take on more then one case against this company due to his first clients best interest. This is a cautionary note, anyone that has lost money due to this company must accommodate themselves as see fit, but, even if you choose to file with a private attorney, I would still encourage you to file with the attorney generals office to help advocate against this company, and strengthen the case they are building.

rvin64 Oct 15, 2008

Company information:
    International marine and auto
    Roseville, Michigan

I have tried to warn people of this operation,
    And now it appears the structure of this business is crumbling down.
    There are many employees that no longer work for Chuck,
    The game is up Chuck...
    Because what he does to people makes them sick as well.
    Try to feed this parona, and you will get nothing but crap afterwards.
    Some mighty little man behind his speaker phone,
    Acting like he is a mightier force,
    But he isn’t one up,
    Other then being the Chuck he is.
    Wait until you receive a dose of him,
    It’s like a bad poison.
    What an arrogant ###,
    And he gets off,
    Because people still feed him.
    I feel empathy for anyone that tries to do business with him,
    Karen Thomas Gebell and Charles V Gebell, the VP and owner.
    We have seen the small stinky whole in the wall operation they run,
    Far less then impressive, considering the money we invested.
    Pathetic, would be a small word to describe the interaction with the company,
    Or it’s owner.
    To conclude,
    What is up Chuck
    ….because everything you have done thus far is sick…..better be playing the titanic song, It seems your on your way to going down.

james Oct 16, 2008

I have a similar horror story with Great Oaks and with Chuck Gebell concerning my S500 Mercedes that I am willing to share with anyone. I sent an email to an above email address "[protected]@gmail.com and it came back undeliverable. Anyone out there have anything else going on that I can add another horrible story too? Please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com. James

rvin64 Nov 18, 2008

Unless each individual has the funds to afford a private attorneys, at this point, filing with the attorney general, is your best option. In to many cases, people being out the money they are, can't afford to fight them alone.
    Complaints sent to the Attorney General are being handled, but will take some time.
    Everything must be verified, which takes a great deal of paperwork to accomplish. If you have not yet done so, please contact Jason Evans at the Attorney Generals Office in Michigan at [protected].
    It may be a slow process, with no immediate relief, but there is a back log of cases. Feel free to ask Jason questions. It is far better that it all be reported to a single source, then for each individual just to seek out their own attorney for some type of restitution.
    Chuck has his game down, but the Attorney Generals office already has a few things of their own in the works, it just takes people to continue to file complaints to strengthen the case.
    I am sincerely sorry for all of your losses, and for those reading thinking it won't happen to them, call the number, learn a few things, and maybe you will think again!

• Ss
    ss7seven Dec 09, 2008

Chuck had my vehicle returned to him through a defaulted buyer. He put someone else in the vehicle without me signing a new agreement. My vehicle was then impounded due to an unlicensed driver. I was never told this fact until after my vehicle was sold at an auction. I need any and all assistance I can get to get this piece of crap chuck to pay me the $12500 he owes me and money to replace the vehicle that I am still currently paying for. If you can help me call me at [protected]. Seth

• Mi
    Mike Pannell in Fort Worth Jan 09, 2009

I just got into it with CHUCK on the phone, He hung up on me. HE was cussing and everything. This is a great company to deal with. NOT. CHUCK stated to me his job is to just sell the boat to a loser that cant make the payments. His said his hands are clean after that. It doesnt matter

I called back, We will see what he comes up with on Monday as he stated.

BTW, He also tried to tell me all these folks that posted here are from the same person and that he has 100's of happy cleints. We will see

Any question if i am real call me at [protected]

coco Feb 09, 2009

talked to chuck he took my honda in aug never made a payment 2 checks bounced. He said he leased it out when he is currently driving the truck. we have no contract or agreement for him or anyone to lease the honda. this is theft... im real

[protected]@kemerly.com

hawk Feb 22, 2009

I am so glad I found this site! I fought with Chuck and Richard for two years after I let them take my boat. Payments to my bank were always late, I had to call and fight with them every month, I actually went to there office a couple of times, which is about 250 miles from my house, to try and get payments made. I finally had to go repo the boat myself, about 450 miles from my house. So far I have had to put almost 3000 dollars into the boat to get it back into shape, but at least I will necer have to deal with those low life criminals any more. Getting involved with these people was the biggest mistake of my life. They will go out of business soon but Chuck and his wife Karen will let things cool down for a few months and open under a different name. They have done that alot alrready. If you run there names thru Michagans Ag web site you will see all the companies Chuck and Karen have been involved with. They all had lawsuits and went out of business.

hawk Feb 22, 2009

I also got a kick out of the way they acted like International Marine and Great oaks were 2 seperate companies. When I went and paid them a visit to try and get payments out of them, guess what, they are in the same piece of ### converted house on Utica rd...

HAR Apr 15, 2009

They are now selling the same scam under the (new) name NMIG (http://www.nmiginc.com). The same Charles Derek contacted me via an ad I have, so be aware.

Charles Derek
    Sales Manager
    NMIG
    30901 Utica Rd
    Roseville Mi 48066

[protected] ext.16
    Fax [protected]

HAR Apr 16, 2009

After calling Charles Derek a Rat ### for trying to reel-in another sucker...he is what he wrote back:

I am from International Marine...

Now why would you call someone you never met a Rat ###?
    That makes you sound like and Ignorant FOOL...Anyways just trying to help you get into a boat your never going to on your own...
    Have a good day...

Thanks for your time,
    Rat ###

What a Yellow Rat ###!

• Hw
    HwyCop Mar 17, 2013

I did business with this company back in 2006. Chuck at the company desk would hang up on us constantly when told that his client wasn't paying the note or insurance on my boat. At my own expense and my connections in law enforcement out of state was I able to rectify this situation. But after an expense and loss of nearly $6000. As a result I suffered physically and mentally. If chuck was near me today, I'd ring his neck. But, I was recently contacted by the USPS Police - it looks like good old chuck might soon be biting a pillow.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices