International Language Programsbad time with ILP

N Review updated:

I went with International Language Programs (ILP) to Kiev, Ukraine in the spring of 2008. I had some good experiences, saw lots of cool stuff, learned a lot, and made lifelong friends. Their teaching method was excellent, and the kids we worked with were fun and learned a lot. However, I found several aspects of International Language Programs to be worrisome and unsatisfactory. Although the kids learned a lot, they all came from wealthy families. The private schools we taught in made a lot of money off our volunteer work, and ILP provided no opportunities to worked with actual underprivileged children; this is especially unfortunate considering Kiev has a huge need for this kind of work. I also felt ILP was unorganized and poorly administrated, and their employees seemed more interested in doing their own thing. I saw many volunteers put in situations that were unpleasant and sometimes downright unsafe. Host families were unsatisfactory around the board. I have a more detailed review at: http://ilpretrospect.blog.com.

Checkyourself88 Aug 10, 2019

Whoever @yaaay is sounds like a spoiled brat. I recently had a similar experience with ILP. I was told that I would be have meals provided, I was given less than 1400 calories a day.

We weren’t given enough work to do and had a very similar experience with the schools. I was told there would be training sessions which never occurred. I think ILP is a complete scam, and should be investigated to whether they are actually a non profit.

• Wh
    Who's There Jun 19, 2019

who ever wrote this or knows who wrote this please contact me

• Ia
    Iamconcerned Dec 01, 2011

would love to read your blog - what happened to it? it is gone

• Ya
    yaaay Aug 17, 2009

I feel bad for you, because you whine so much. I had a great experience. I have no idea why you waste so much time telling people how much they hate this program. I know a handful of people who have gone and had a life-changing experience. Get a life.

Checkyourself88 Aug 10, 2019

@yaaay You should get a life for not listening to someone’s valid concerns. Who are you to say this person is lying? Instead why don’t you actually consider what someone experience? Lol you get a life