Huffman Koos Furnituresectional couch

F Jan 20, 2020

We purchased a sectional during the Black Friday sales 11/30/19. We were told it would take 4 weeks for delivery and that we had just missed the before Christmas delivery cut off. The couch was finally delivered this past Saturday 1/18/20, seven weeks later. If it's going to take that long then tell me it is from the get go and let me decide if I'm willing to wait. I was going to cancel when I called and was told it was going to be another few weeks but I looked at the paperwork and saw that I wasn't able to do so. It seems like the sale was more important then giving me accurate, realistic expectations.
I'm very unpleased with the construction of the couch in general. We spent approximately $2800.00 on it and honestly I feel like I could've spent $800.00 at Big Lots and had something comparable. I understand that we ordered individual pieces with automatic as well as manual recliners but nothing lines up. None of the recliners open to the same height and the gaps between each due to allowing room from the mechanism's is awful. Should I have expected this, I don't know. My thinking is that the store manager who was my salesman probably should have pointed it out to me, he is supposed to be the expert. If your going to put a seem in a chaise lounge wouldn't you expect it to line up with the other pieces, or just not construct it with the seem there? Because the pieces aren't snug the couch constantly looks crooked and when I push them snug the recliners don't work. This whole experience has not been at positive from the start. The couch delivered is NOT worth the money I spent and I'm VERY unhappy. I am providing photos to show the inconsistencies in the quality of the way the couch was constructed. So what now? What can be done to rectify this situation?

Ray and Nancy Banta