H&R Blockpeace of mind insurance

This review was posted by
a verified customer
Verified customer
Review updated:

Yes I had Peace of mind Ins. on my taxes H&R Block did back in 2008 and i got a letter in the mail about 3 weeks after i recieved my return that year, saying i owed taxes of 1400 dollars and i took that letter to their office in Russellville Ar the next day and told them i needed to speak with the lady (Amanda Ragsdale ) who had done my tax and they told me she wouldn't be back in that year so the lady i talk to took the letter and said she would get it to her and i went back many many times to find out about it and they would just tell me that they could give me a form to fill out so i could make payments and I didnt owe this because the unemployment that she failed to add in my taxes was stapled to my return she had done, so the next year i took the same letter to them and told them it needed to be taken care of but the lady (different one) didnt do anything about it either and this year when I let them do my taxes against my better judgement the lady who did them told me that Amanda Ragsdale's little boy had CANCER that year and she just over looked it because she was trying to work and go back and fortth to the hospital for her little boy, and my wife said bless her heart no wonder she over looked it and we couldnt blame her for that AT ALL!!! but the fact still remained that we owed this, due to their error and have tried to get it taken care of since about 3 weeks after the fact and they addmitted it was their fault and when they filed the Insurance claim they said we didnt file within the time limits of the Ins.policy but we took this to them 3 different time and its not our fault they didnt do their job in a timly manner and I think H&R blocks should pay us under their garuntee and I wont to know if this is right . Thank you, Randy Gibson


  • Je
    jessengland Jan 13, 2021
    This comment was posted by
    a verified customer
    Verified customer

    We have used H and R block for years, and always pay for the piece of mind because they pitch it to you that they will take care of everything if you get audited. We were audited for our 2018 taxes, and I took the requested paperwork to the h and r block preparer that does our taxes. She sent in paperwork to them, and on there she had self employment. I explained to her there is no self employment at all, we work for company's. She sent the document anyway stating that's what you put when you claim mileage. The IRS sent us a bill stating that we owe them almost $5000, I took all of the paperwork to her and she again completed more documents and sent them in. I received a letter from the IRS stating that we owe them $3999 and on one of the forms it had a self employment income, which I had stated to her was not accurate. She sent to piece of mind and said they declined it. She has appealed it, but was clearly not our fault, but hers for putting self employment on there when we have told her there is no self employment what so ever.

    0 Votes
  • Pa
    Patrick kelley Mar 07, 2014

    I am currently going around with them with different answers every time. My piece of mind guarantee was approved then it not then it is and then they admitted fault to me as well. I never received anything but grief from them.I have been waiting for 14 months to fix this and they are still dragging their feet.

    0 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at Complaintsboard.com and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.