Home Town Buffetattitude by cashier

My father and I go to the home town buffet in gardena every week. So often that we are on a first name basis like janet, daisy, teresa, aloginay and even know one of the managers martha. My father who just turned 81 this past wednesday received a coupon buy one meal and the other meal is free. The cashier arminda was very rude when I asked her about the senior discount. It was my error since I did not see the fine print stating that no other discounts would be applied so for that I apologized but this cashier is just flat out rude. This is probably our third time dealing with her, was not impressed the first time as she never greets customers or never acknowledges anything thought she was just having a bad day so I let it go, the second time again she was the same way but today was the icing on the cake, came to the conclusion that she hates her job or hates dealing with customers. Is it that difficult to smile and acknowledge customers at the counter after all she's the first person a customer deals with. Is she that miserable or does she lack true customer service skills. What kind of cashier does not greet the customers, she only speaks if you speak to her first no customer service training whatsoever. I'm not asking her to be my best friend but she comes across as if she hates the world and her attitude reflects that. Bad impression of your company.