Home DepotVeteran's discount

S Nov 14, 2020

I have been to this Home Depot and was told that I could get a veteran's discount if I showed the veteran's driver license. On one occasion I bought
several items and presented by husband's driver's license as he is not able to
come to the store. The only place he goes is to the doctor. When I got to the cashier, she informed me that my husband, the veteran, must come in person and I explained to her that he is not able. Cashier would not give me the discount, when I arrived home I called back and talked to a supervisor and told her the situation. She said that next time I came to the store that I would get the discount. Next time, I received the discount. Next time, the cashier would not give me the discount and I asked for the supervisor and explained the situation and she said that it is their policy that discounts would not be given unless the veteran is there in person. She gave me the discount but said that they would not give me the discount anymore.. I said I will be going to Lowe's. I have contacted Lowe's and they have a much better policy for veterans so I will be shopping there from now on.

• Sc
    Scott1987Boston Nov 30, 2020

I am a veteran and I also was only able to get the discount "one time" because I didn't have the veteran's ID card, but I did show my DD-214 military separation papers, which the web site says is adequate, but the store will not honor that again. I also agree that Lowe's is much better able to serve the veteran's and military family needs and I will be shopping there as well.