Herbal Groups/Naturallyyoung.netFalse Advertising

L

False Advertising. I agreed to try a FREE bottle of Intra Cleanse Step one and I agreed to pay to shipping fee of $5.99. Today I received a total of 6 items that they shipped to me without my consent and was notified they are billing me in two weeks for over $88.OO. I called the customer service line and spoke to a representative and she told me to call back in two weeks, I responded with a no and she laughed at me. I told her I want this stopped now and she told me to send all the unopened bottles back to me. I asked her to reimburse my credit card for the shipment she sent and she laughed again and said no and in addition she told me I would have to pay to have them sent back to them. THIS IS SUCK A SCAM!!!

• Na
    nakia9395 Dec 29, 2008

I too ordered the supposedly FREE bottle of ultra cleanse for $5.95, and when the package was received there was instuctions and a note stating that in 2 weeks I will be charges $88.00 in two weeks. Mind you that I ordered the cleanser on 12/15 and it was now 12/28 when I received it. i attempted to call the company and was forwarded to a voicemail system. how odd when they were supposed to be open until midnight EST and it was 7PM PST. They should have been open. I also received 3 other items that i did not order. I called the bank to ask if they would be able to stop they payment of 88.00 until i can return the other items and was informed that since the company have my debit card information, that he could not gaurantee that they payment would be stopped. He advised that the card be canceled and he mail me out another card. So thats what I had to do and mail back the scam that Herbal group sent me.

• Li
    Linda Dec 29, 2008

I too ordered this product and want it not to be sent to me again. I have learned a valuable lesson when something says free. It is not ever free!!! I also called the company and go a voicemail and told them not to send me any more product. They charged me $99.86 for all the same stuff. I just wanted to try the one bottle and not have it charged only 17 days afterward. I am hoping not to get any more of this stuff. I am so angry. You try stuff in good faith and then the companies screw you.

• Pe
    peggiesue malone Dec 31, 2008

I too was supposed to get a free bottle to try after sending them my info for the shipping charge only, and when i received the order, it came with 4 bottles, i didn't order any of that stuff, and they also informed me that they would charge my credit card 99.95 per month after the two weeks, i will do what ever i have to before i let them charge my card, this is a scam and it should not be aloud, this will teach us a lesson, once again, i try to trust people and get taken advantage of. These types of companies, they have no morals or standards and will do what they can to steal from honest hard working people.

• Ca
    Cathy Jan 02, 2009

CONSUMER BEWARE!!! I too ordered the supposedly FREE bottle of Intracleanse 1 and 2 for $5.95, and when the package was received there were instuctions and a note stating that in 2 weeks I will be charged $88.73 . The web site stated free 30 day trial, pay only the shipping charge of $5.95. I just spoke to a customer service representitive, he stated that there was a typo in that advertizement, it is only 14 day trial, then we charge you $88.73 for next shipment. I stated that they need to honor what I signed up for, he stated I'm sorry But it is for 14 days not 30. and gave me another number to call to cancel my shipment and voice my complaint 800-434-7129 ext. 322 Donna, I could only leave a message of course. My credit card company stated avoid anything free that wants a credit card for shipping. I cant' believe I fell for this SCAM!!!

Theresa Baillargeon Jan 03, 2009

After receiving more products than I expected to received, I decided to check this company out and saw the numerous complaints. I, too, tried to reach customer service to find that I could only leave a message. I called my credit company immediately and closed my account. Hopefully, I reacted quick enough. Lesson learned!!

Theresa Baillargeon Jan 03, 2009

This company needs to be put out of business!

• Bj
    BJMT Jan 04, 2009

I too ordered the Intra Cleanse and recieved 5 additional bottles of things I never agreed to. I ordered the product on 12-19-08 and recieved it on 12-28-08. Once I ordered the product I then did a little research and found all of these complaints with this Company. I called my credit card company and had them cancel my credit card so hopefully I caught this in time. I also called the company and just get a voice mail. Lesson learned for me. Next time do research before buying anything. This web site saved me a lot of money. Thanks!!!

• Se
    SEASON HENDERSON Jan 05, 2009

I can't believe I fell for this scam also. I experienced the same situation. I signed up for a FREE 30 DAY TRIAL and never received my product. It never stated anywhere online that it was a 14 day trial peri0d. I thought I could trust them since it was listed on a personal experience letter on msn.com. I thought they would be more careful on what they advertise.

• Ro
    Roger A. Duelm Jan 07, 2009

I was told I could get a free trial period and all I had to do was pay the postage and handling. I did this and got charged for the products. I am trying to get a refund now.

• Ju
    Judy Sisson Jan 09, 2009

I too have been scammed. I am going to dispute the charges as there was never a mention of an $88.00 charge in their advertisement. I too am contacting the Better Business Bureau and lodging a formal complaint. In today's economic struggles, I can't believe that there are people taking advantage of consumers as Herbal Groups, Inc.

• Al
    alabamaspitfire Jan 16, 2009

yes i was scammed also and the only way out is to cancel the credit card, and have them issue you a new one with a differentnumber. This is a bad and expensive scam!

Also I have read that the colon cleanse causes intestinal bleeding in those that have tried it!

• St
    Stefanie Jan 22, 2009

I also ordered the Intra Cleanse, but thanks to your comments I was able to cancel my credit card before any damage was done. Screw if it works, I think its a shame that people would so willingly rip off people who obviously are wanting to lose weight badly enough to rely on pills (Like ME). I also ordered the acai berry pills but have yet to receive them. I will never know if that too is a scam. Someone should inform Dr. Oz and Oprah that people are paying out the wazoo with this scam!

• Go
    got scammed Jan 23, 2009

Yes, both are a scam!!! The acai berry sends the product over a week later and automatically charges your account from the day you placed the order. If you can actually get a person, they won't do anything for you. Itried asking for a supervisor and have been placed on hold for over an hour and still waiting at midnight. Someone needs to shut theese places down for good!

• Su
    Susan4861 Jan 24, 2009

I just received my products today (supposedly free) and paid $5.95 for shipping. Luckily, I read the paperwork before I opened the bottles. I am going to take Nakia9395's advice and cancel my card immediately before they get any more money out of me. Thanks for all your feedback. I'll let you know how my experience ends.

THOMPSON Jan 26, 2009

I RECIEVED SAME PRODUCT.CALLED TO CANCEL AND SHE TOLD ME IT HAD TO BE RETURNED, OKAY FINE.WHEN I CALLED MY BANK TODAY I FOUND OUT I HAD BEEN CHARGED 87.13! THE CHARGE WAS FROM "ACAI EXCEL" WHO THE HECK IS THIS? I CALLED THE HERBAL COMPANY AND THEY TOLD ME THEY DIDNT KNOW BUT IT WASNT -THIER- COMPANY.I ASKED HOW THIS CO. GOT MY CARD# THEN AND SHE SAID ? WE DONT GIVE IT OUT.I CANT EVEN CALL THIS"SUPPOSED" COMPANY B/C I DONT HAVE ANY CONTACT INFO. ON THEM. THIS IS DEFINATLY A SCAM!

Angela Jan 30, 2009

I Received the same product( Intra Cleanse Internal Cleansing System) Naturally Yong. I just called to cancel and i was one day over the two week point, they start from the day you order the product for your two week trial, well that means i only got one week to try it before being charged the $88.73.
    I was only canceling mine because i could not afford it at this time and was going to pick it back up later, but now will not, because of the whole two week trial starting the day you order it. this is a scam.

I WAN'T CANCEL PRODUCT

I WANT TO CANCEL MY INTRA CLEANSE PRODUCT

MY DUNG XE Feb 03, 2009

i wan't cancel intra cleanse product

• Ab
    Abaan Feb 03, 2009

I cannot believe these companies can fleece so many hardworking people, who trust the ads and try these free trial only products. This was supposed to be just a trial and we could cancel anytime we wanted. However, I cannot reach anyone and all I get is a recording and they want me to leave a message for them. I will be forced to cancel my credit card if they send me a bottle of the intra cleanse. It hasn't worked on me and what's worse is that it makes me itch a lot. I hope somebody can throw these unethical people in jail. I WANT TO CANCEL and keep my sanity.

• Ka
    Karen Hess Feb 05, 2009

THIS IS TOTAL ###>>>COMPANIES RIPPING OFF THE PUBLIC >>WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE SHOULD BE MADE TO MAKE GOOD ON THIS

jaycisoma Feb 07, 2009

I also thought that i was getting a free trial for $5.95 but when i opened the package there were three bottles inside. I was shocked because i was only expecting one bottle. So i started reading the papers that were in the package and it said that after 14 days i would be charged $88.73 and then $55.95 each month until I get to my desired weight. I called the 888 number and was surprised that i got an answer but the lady that i talked to could hardly speak english so it was hard to understand what she was saying. After asking three times what she said if finally understood that she told me to mail them back and they would not charge my account for anything but I am affraid that I am going to see that charge on my account. I am thinking about canceling my card and getting a new one because they have my card number. I guess I will have to wait and see but I think that someone needs to get these people and stop them from ripping good hard working people off.

• Co
    Complaints Feb 09, 2009

SCAM written all over! Same thing happened to me...no surprise there! I only received three bottles one of which still had plastic wrapper on but no inside sealed top/lid. Red flag went off so I decided to count the number of capsules and discovered ten short of 60 count. I am hoping my bank will handle this which they are good about doing if nothing else request my credit card be cancelled and reissue another card under a different account number this way this company cannot get any more money out of me. Some banks will allow you to file a fraud charge and you can get your money back that way. Good luck to us all. We need to contact our local television station and report this on a much grander scale and consider having investigation by contacting 20/20 or Good Morning America and have this people exposed!

• Gh
    ghost.files Feb 09, 2009

Back for more...just got off the phone with my bank...they cancelled my credit card ASAP and are sending a new one. This is good considering the company that stoled the money in the first place acknowledges they kept my credit card information in their files and stated in letter sent to me along with my first package they would continue to take out monthly payments of ONLY $59.95 since I am now considered their companies "preferred customer". This program is called E-Z Refill Discount Program. I would suggest for others to contact your bank and have your card cancelled and file a dispute with your bank and try to get your money back. Not all banks are eager to help from what I understand. My bank is great in handling these types of issues for our family it's only one of many perks our bank offers to their members.

By the way, I did contact the Herbal Groups, INC. at the number they provided me in letter (888-254-3727) and no one answered but left message anyway. Additionally, wrote to their [email protected] as suggested by them and blank copied the letter to myself and one other trusted family member for "safe keeping". Paper trail is wonderful in cases like this.

They never charged the $5.95 instead they charged full amount of $88.73. From what the bank statement provided us this company is run in California and phone number who made actually charges against me is from the following number...818-700-0424

Myra Feb 09, 2009

I too feel like I have been scamed. Product was represented as a free trial product for s & h and turns out that, so far has cost me $175.00. I am trying to disput these charges, but will close my credit card account if need be, before they get me for any more. I agree that times are hard, and I can't afford to lose this kind of money for a product that does not work. Where is that money back gaurantee? I have submitted my complant, just hope it does some good.

• Fa
    Fay Ladd Feb 16, 2009

How soon did you see it on your bill?? I ordered it lastnight free sample pay shipping like everyone else it told, them I get email saying I will be billed $88.96, I tried calling and emailing like everyone else, of course no response, I just went out on line and checked my account and nothing is taken out even for shipping. How soon should I expect it?? I will check daily, and will call the credit card company to cancel it but can't until it is on there. Can't this be turned in to BBB??

• Fa
    Fay Ladd Feb 16, 2009

I was just contacted by email, as follows hope it is true and no I don't want it at discount or anything else. Thank you for contacting us.

Your order has been cancelled.

I understand you wish to stop using the Intra Cleanse products during your two-week trial period which we have done. You will not be billed further. Out of curiosity, was price the issue with the Intra Cleanse system because we don’t want price to be a barrier for you to enjoy our products because they do work and will exceed your weight loss and internal cleansing goals. And we're so confident in the quality of these products that we'd like to offer you a 50% discount right now. We’ll drop the price of the entire Intra Cleanse Maxi Kit from $88.73 to $45.95. That’s nearly a $45 savings.

Please let me know if that savings makes this worth your while.

If not, you will not be billed.

To return the products:

If you have just received a package from us that you do not want and it is still in the original packaging simply cross your name and address off the outside of the package, clearly write the word REFUSED on the front of the package and drop it in a regular mail box. The package will be returned to us within a reasonable amount of time. Refunds are processed in the order in which they are received.

If you do not have the original packaging please use the following address:

Herbal Groups, Inc.

15805 Stagg St

Van Nuys, CA 91406.

Make certain your name and address are included inside the package. Please include a note with details of your reason for returning the order.

Please be advised that Herbal Groups is not affiliated with any Acai Berry product. If you have purchased an Acai product from another website, please take note of that website's address and be advised that those products will be shipped and serviced completely separate from IntraCleanse, made by Herbal Groups. For information or Customer Service regarding an Acai Berry product, you must contact the proper originating company.

Paul

NaturallyYoung.net

From: Fay [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 1:59 PM
    Subject: Fw:

Wanting to make sure this was taken care of??? Please respond by email, as soon as possible.

Fay Ladd

-------Original Message-------

From: Fay

Date: 2/15/2009 7:15:55 PM

Subject: Fw:

I just called your company and of course was put on hold forever and left a message cancel this now, it is not what it says it is way to expensive...please write me back and say it is cancelled.

Fay Ladd

-------Original Message-------

From: Fay

Date: 2/15/2009 6:32:48 PM

To: [email protected]

Cancel this now, you did not tell me I would be billed $88.73, for something I have no idea if it will work I want cancel it this minute, or I will call the credit card and cancel it for you. Fay Ladd,

Congratulations! You've just taken the first step to a longer, healthier life! From the world-renowned formulators at Herbal Groups Inc. Comes a revolutionary new weight-loss and detoxification system called IntraCleanse.

IntraCleanse has been scientifically formulated to promote gentle and effective detoxification and cleansing of the intestinal lining, colon, liver and other cells while eliminating parasites. The natural ingredients in IntraCleanse are traditionally used to cleanse the bowel and help you lose weight by losing waste. Consistency is the key, so please take and use as directed. Your long-term success is our goal!

The risk-free trial period allows you to sample the product for 14 days at no charge beyond the $5.95 rush shipping fee. Please enjoy the products for two weeks and get a sense of how your body is reacting to the hand-selected ingredients. If you’re seeing and feeling the desired results, then do nothing and continue using the products for maximum weight loss and detoxification. At the end of this risk-free trial period you will be billed the low price of only $88.73 for the IntraCleanse system. If you’re not satisfied and do not want to be charged, then simply call (1-888-254-3727) or email us at [email protected] during that initial two-week period and you will not be charged.

As an added bonus, we’re throwing in a free gift with every order. To help balance your delicate internal system as you flush away the toxins and poisons currently residing inside your body, we’re also sending you – free of charge – a bottle of our Naturally Young Daily Multi Vitamin (a $14.95 value) absolutely FREE! Taking this supplement daily along with the IntraCleanse system will help replenish your body’s natural vitamin and mineral balance.

Thanks again for taking the IntraCleanse journey. "To your health!"

Sincerely,

Herbal Groups

P.S.

Charges for the IntraCleanse system will appear as “Herbal Groups Inc” on your credit card statement.

Please be advised that Herbal Groups is not affiliated with any Acai-related product. For information or Customer Service regarding an Acai Berry product, you must contact the proper originating company.

ust received this from the company, hopefully it is true and no I don't want it even at a discount.

• Gh
    ghost.files Feb 20, 2009

In short, I am STILL waiting for my refund of $88.73 as promised. I have included an email that I received only response to my email. You will notice that the person representing their company did not include his last name, unprofessional and a "red flag". I know according to his email address info his last name begins with a P, or is it?!

Herbal Group, INC.
    RESPONSE:

We have credited you $88.73 today. It can take up to 6 business days to see this transaction post with the credit card company. I'm sorry these products didn't work for you, and I’m sorry for any inconvenience you experienced. I wish you good health.

Please return the unused products. If you have just received a package from us that you do not want and it is still in the original packaging simply cross your name and address off the outside of the package, clearly write the word REFUSED on the front of the package and drop it in a regular mail box.

If you do not have the original packaging please use the following address:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From:
    Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 5:31 AM
    Subject: order

I called and left one message on Monday, February 10, 2009.

I received my three bottles and one was opened and short of ten capsules. I did not receive my first shipment until two weeks after I placed the order for the trial period and authorizing money of $5.95. I did not authorized any further payments to you and still don't authorized any future payments to you or your company affiliated or not with other companies.

Cancel any future orders that you may think are currently existing. I do expect to receive my charges of $88.73 for the one time unauthorized payment to yourself and or your company. I do consider this fraud if you do not contact me immediately.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***I did cancel my credit/bank card so they would not be allowed to withdraw more money from my account as stated in a letter included in the package I received.

churlburt Feb 23, 2009

I was scammed by the same company and product, I also have not been able to get a hold of anybody with the company, but i did get another phone number for them from the credit card company if this may help anyone else, the hours for this number are 8am till 5pm...I have not called them yet because of the hours...the number is 1-818-700-0424

churlburt Feb 23, 2009

I was just contacted by a rep from the company named Jason, and he soooo nicely tried to get me to buy the product at half price and stated that if i disagreed then let tehm know, well i did now he tells me that we can not return the product and get our money back like the add states, so I think that all of us that have been ripped off by this company should contct the BBB and see what they can do

• Na
    Nancy Mcleod Mar 08, 2009

I too was scamed by this con-artist of a so called company. There has to be a way to shut down these thieves, with the economy like it is a this has to be stopped.

• Si
    siomara Mar 09, 2009

I WANT TO CANCEL INTRA CLEANSE PRODUCT

• Ye
    yesenia elvira Mar 10, 2009

My nane is Yesenia and I too feel the same way... I have been trying to get through to 888 254-3727, I've been on hold for 20 minutes or more, I could never get through to anyone... I also tried to email them as they instruct using the email ([email protected]) the windows says that, that is not a valid website. I'm so frustrated. I just called my bank and had them xc my debit card, I hope that no charges will come through.

• Wi
    Wiser Now Mar 10, 2009

I also was mislead by the promotion for Herbal Groups Naturally Young Intra Cleanse. Apparently we all missed the fine print in the "Terms and Conditions" that explains how the billing will proceed. I do not choose to do business with a company whose intent is to catch customers unaware by hiding this information in the fine print (Even if it is legal.) My experience so far has been better than some. I only had the shipping charges, which I had agreed to, on my credit card statement. I emailed Paul Avila @herbalgroups.com, and also phoned Customer Service at 888-254-3727, saying that I would send back my (Unopened) bottles, and expected to not be charged. I was assured both by email and by phone that I could indeed return the product and not be charged. I think it helped that I had the original order # that I was given when I first ordered. (Paul Avila offered that I could try the product for no charge, and just reorder if I wanted to. I was not interested.) I will watch closely to be sure the above has happened. Since Paul Avila wrote and eloquent note telling me that Herbal Groups IS a reputable company, I explained that I was not interested in doing business with a company that uses these promotion practices. It might help if they get many such responses from potential customers.

• La
    Laurie Burghezi Mar 12, 2009

I also purchased the trial product for what was supposed to be 5.99. Also, received a bill for the 5.99 and another for 88.00 when the product arrived. The letter that came with the product indicated to call the number to cancel, which I did, I waited almost a half an hour listening to a message telling me that someone would get to me soon, and then suddenly I was sent to a mailbox and asked to give my name, phone number etc. I gave them all the required information and never received a response. I am still getting this stuff and it is being charged to my credit card and I am having a very hard time getting in touch with them to have it ended. The product did not do what it claimed to do, I get headaches across the top of my head when I use them and some lightheadedness. What a rip off...

• Da
    David Humphrey Jul 23, 2009

Thanks Guys, you saved me some time and money. Canceling a credit card over somthing like this is more trouble than you can imagine utitil you have to do it. But that is the only way out.

• La
    LaDonna67 Jul 08, 2010

I had the same problem with this company. I checked my credit card statement and they charged me extra. When I call they said the charge on my credit card included shipping and handling. I hadn't received the product yet when I called them, so I wanted to cancel it before I received anything else or had outrageous charges on my credit card from them. The lady I spoke with on the phone said that a shipment had already been sent out even though it had only been six days since I had placed a two week free trial and that I would be charged $59.95 on my credit card and I told her no that I didn't want it. She said to call back in two weeks and they would cancel it if I didn't want it. I told her no at least 3 to 5 times and that I didn't want anymore charges on my card from her company. She finally gave me a cancelation number. I sent an email to the company and got a reply that day. They said they would issue a refund to my card. The lady that replied to me was very helpful, her name is Donna Hart. You can contact her at [email protected]

• Sh
    Shem Kaddu Mar 13, 2012

This is to inform you that Iam no longer interested in your products for weightloss. And STOP withdrawing my money from my Bank Account with immediate effect. Yourssincere customer Shem Kaddu.