Heartland Americafalse advertising regarding rebates

Heartland America
www.heartlandamerica.com

Heartland America (www.heartlandamerica.com) advertises on its website that some products come with a rebate. When you get the rebate form, you find out that it's not a cash refund (which is the most common type of rebate), but is actually a discount coupon on your next purchase from Heartland America. PLUS, this so-called rebate is only good for about a month. To us, the advertising of this sort of rebate was false advertising. BEWARE!!!

• Ed
    EdR3330 Apr 30, 2019

Returned item and have not received VISA credit back.
    Order date: 1/29/2019
    Customer Number # [protected]
    Order Number # [protected]
    Return Date : 2/19/2019
    USPS Tracking # [protected] 83

• Ed
    Eddie Campbell Nov 19, 2018

I see on TV My Pillow you buy one and get one pillow free.
    I ordered My Pillow plus one and being charged $49.99 for both with Heartland America. Why am I charged for 2 pillows when the TV advertisement is buy one and get one free?????

• Ca
    Cathandra Jul 26, 2016

On 4/29/2011, I THOUGHT I placed a $358. and some chance of an order, and the hell began. First, they tell me they need to verify it is me and that it is me that placed an order over $250.00, and they did and I had the funds in my acct. Well, they chose to take far too long to get the funds-which I still had available until the 5th of May.I was assured on 5/2 and 3/2011, that they had taken the money and it was in 'limbo'; yet again, needing verification.FOR TWO WEEKS.I suppossedly spoke w/ several supervisors; I was later informed by one of the [email protected]:30am that I had only spoke w/2 supers and the rest were ops. My bit&h is I have been a customer of theirs for 12 yrs. and fairly w/no problems.And now this happens.BS!I was awaiting the 3 pr. of cowboy boots(which 1 pr.had been discontinued and they did not tell me nor take it off my order.)for my deaf son who I haven't seen in 20+ yrs. and he's a cowboy(!) and I wanted to get him new, nice boots! Looks like I'll be getting him his boots and what not else I ordered some where else. Stay Clear Of Heartland America unless you enjoy getting jerked around daily and lied to darn near to you face.

• Om
    OMARKOS Apr 04, 2012

!!!AGREED!!!

DECEPTION is their business model

• Pe
    Peggy S Apr 04, 2011

Buyer Beware is an understatement! The State of Minnesota is certainly obligated by law to follow up on the fradulent advertising of Heartland.America and I most definitely am contacting the Better Business Bureau. Their prominent ad related to meeting any competitor's price had no mention of terms and conditions that would apply. Same advertisement was very clear on the 30 day money back guarantee. I called and the first customer representative who stated that they will only meet a better price found within their own company catalog made no sense. I asked to speak with a suoervisor, was put on hold for 15 minutes and then was disconnected. I called back, asked to speak with a supevisor once again and after an additional 15 minutes on hold, was connected to a rude, arrogant and disrespectful"supervisor"- Mike 130. Again, beware of ordering from this company. They do not stand by their word.

• Rj
    RJ Wieand Mar 26, 2011

As I said above, I have complete faith in Heartland America, and I will continue to purchase things from them. In fact, I am a member of their buying club for the past several years.

• Rj
    RJ Wieand Mar 26, 2011

I have been purchasing things from Heartland America since 1985. Half the things in my last two apartments have come from them. I have gotten things from them that had rebates, and what I got back, were checks for them, or a credit slip from them to apply against my next purchase. I have never had any problems with them in the 26 years that I have been buying things from them. To prove my point, several years ago I bought a TV from them. After three weeks, it started to screw up. I called the company and told them what it was doing. I was told to pack it in the carton and they would notify FEDEX to pick it up and return it. They did so, and it didn't cost me anything to ship it back. In fact, they also refunded the money I had paid for the shipping when I first ordered it. I got a FULL REFUND for everything; TV & shipping; plus the return shipping which they paid. I have an order right now, ready to send to them. I'll keep buying from them as long as they are around, or as long as I am alive. I have complete faith in the company and their procedures. I have never had a delayed shipping, except one time. And, they notified me that the item I ordered was sold out and back ordered. They gave me the choice of waiting for it, or cancelling my order. To show you that I'm a true customer of this company, my name is RJ Wieand and my Customer number is 4121515. I live in Fort Worth, Texas.

• Sc
    sczybyszczyn Oct 09, 2010

To me, rebate means money returned to the customer. Heartland
    should be forced to say something like " you will receive a coupon
    for $ xx.xx off on your next purchase with us. Anything else is
    deceit and a lie.

• M7
    m72 Dec 02, 2009

You can get a 7% rebate from Mr. Rebates and a $10.00 instant off coupon code at RETAIL ME NOT.
    A 22 dollar item cost me 12 bucks not bad! However i would not make big purchases there, there is no way for the company to assist with problems if they arise!