HBO - True Bloodracist

The comment by the Sergent in True Blood Season 5 Episode 7 - "Suicide is for Muslims" is not okay. That is utterly racist, and should not have been allowed. What is wrong with the writers? totally shocked and outrageous comment to make.

• Ji
    Jim Barns Mar 19, 2011

I was not aware that I have became a victim of telemarketing fraud (hbo media, llc) contacted solutions mark me and told me they had a business opportunity for me to expand my small business so that I can make earning's from home.in theses time's of a troubled economy I decided to go along with the help I was told I was going to receive by this company and it's rep's. thank god for robert biggs and his staff. they helped me with recovering my fund's with no upfront out of pocket fee to me. I was worried in the beginning but they worked hard and stayed in contact with me throughout the whole process. if you need any help with recovering your fund's be free to contact robert biggs and his staff at (888) 523-8211

• Da
    Danny smi Mar 21, 2011

I was not aware that I have became a victim of telemarketing fraud (hbo media, llc) contacted me and told me they had a business opportunity for me to expand my small business so that I can make earning's from home.in theses time's of a troubled economy I decided to go along with the help I was told I was going to receive by this company and it's rep's. thank god for robert biggs and his staff. they helped me with recovering my fund's with no upfront out of pocket fee to me. I was worried in the beginning but they worked hard and stayed in contact with me throughout the whole process. if you need any help with recovering your fund's be free to contact robert biggs and his staff at (888) 523-8211

• Da
    Daved B Mar 28, 2011

• Me
    M.eden Jul 24, 2012

I completely agree, so disappointed .. Its one
    thing to play on the whole liberal side of do
    As u believe and act accordingly, but the thin line
    between what set us apart from being animals
    Is the ability to know when a line is being crossed..
    More hate will be created because of this sentence
    Sooo disappointed !!!

SamKing Jul 25, 2012

Unbelievable. I was shocked to hear 'suicide is for Muslims'. It is not okay, it is as good as saying 'All Muslims are terrorists'. In character or not there were no repercussions for this sentence. Whoever is responsible for allowing such encouragement of ignorance and prejudice, especially in this delicate time, should be ashamed of themselves.

HBO, I have just lost a lot of respect for you as an organisation

• Ha
    Haych Jul 26, 2012

I have lost all respect for HBO. Goodbye.

• Gr
    grumpycvnt Jul 30, 2012

I have been a fan of this show since it started, but I will never watch another minute after I heard this appalling sentence. I'm not muslim, but I am very very offended, to not only air this filth, but to air it during a muslim celebration is unforgivable. The lack of a public apology says more about HBO as a company than I ever could.

• To
    Toir Oct 30, 2012

I am shocked to my core about the line 'suicide is for Muslims' if that had been Jews instead it would be anti-semitic and rightly so. So why is it okay to say this about Muslims!!! I am really disgusted. I have watched this series avidly but I am too outraged to continue. And yes I am a Muslim and no suicide is not for Muslims - it's the sure fire way straight to hell if any one actually does their homework about the religion. HBO you should be ashamed of yourselves.

SarahNR Oct 31, 2012

I just watched this episode and I am shocked and disgusted by this comment. I understand that True Blood is an explicit and controversial show but this just crosses the line and is unacceptable. This comment is outright bigoted and offensive to anyone and everyone, not just Muslims! I have been a huge fan of the show from the very beginning but am so furious at this, that I can no longer stand to watch it anymore. I bitterly disappointed with the writers, I imagined they would be intelligent people but instead it appears they are rather ignorant, inconsiderate and foolish. I will no longer waste my time watching such a derogratory show and will make sure that I tell as many people about this rubbish as possible.

In respose to This Place Needs More Descartes:
    1. No Islam is not a race, it is a religion. However racist comments are discriminatory comments based on race or religion
    2. You are correct-nobody is forcing us to watch it. I was quite happily watching it for 5 series', but beacuse of this offensive comment, I will no longer waste my time, Just because nobody is forcing us to watch it, it does make it ok.

SarahNR Oct 31, 2012

1. Is it the use of the work "racist" that you are disagreeing with here? Very well, in that case would you prefer religious discrimination, or racial intolerance, or bigotry, or how about about just plain old disrespectful and offensive?

2. My mistake-I meant to say "it does NOT make it ok". Although I think you know what I really meant and are trying to make me look stupid by highlighting my typo. Does that make you feel good?

mariam22 Apr 27, 2013

i agree that is completely racist and i also have lost the respect for hbo

• Te
    TebowFan Jul 20, 2016

Real time with bill maher needs to be canceled. and since hbo won't do that but I can in my house. I have already cancelled hbo. bill maher is against religion but he seems to have set the socialist party (democrat) as his religion. they and hbo can have him.

• Wi
    wifi8827 Jul 20, 2016

just as Tebow has the freedom to do and say what he wants in public, so does Bill Maher.

you can't pick and choose who or what "freedom of speech" applies to, it applies to everyone, not just christians.

sammycat13 Jul 20, 2016

So don't watch the PAY service. The nazi Glenn Beck and drug addict Rush or calling you home, idiot!

• Co
    ConcernedCitizen101 Jul 20, 2016

Why is hbo airing the bill maher show. he criticizes so many groups and threatens so why does hbo carry this show. I stopped subscribing to hbo.

• As
    AS-E Jul 20, 2016

Hbofilms placed an advertisement in the 3.25.13 issue of the the new yorker.in the ad, helen mirren and al pacino are pictured in costume for their new film, phil spector. however, their names an award winning stati were placed over the wrong person. this level of idiocy has led me to such irritation that i've wasted an entire afternoon trying to figure out who was who. point of story, don't do this again, freaks me out.

Ase

• Pe
    Peggy Skaflen Jul 20, 2016

I am complaining about hbo providing last season of game of thrones only through hbo go and streaming. I am at a computer all day and do not want to watch tv on my computer. why is not season three on hbo on demand?

• Do
    Dontcaretoshare Jul 20, 2016

Hbo on demand has become a pay per view scam. a/o august 12, hbo has 30 on demand movies available (in comparison showtime has 130.). movies showing on hbo channels like family (ramon and beasus) or hbo e (titanic) arenot included in your monthly subscription on demand, but you can buy a viewing for $2.99 each.

• Kh
    KheSanh Vet Jul 20, 2016

I cannot believe that hbo would cancel "hung" and keep crappy shows like "enlightened" (which i'm not") and"bored to death" (which it makes me)!! what the hell is going on with them!!